Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Posting Photos

Forum Newbie
    View slpsearch's Feedback (+2)
    All-About slpsearch
    View slpsearch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Posting Photos

Why are there so many actions & page movements required to post photos?
    I compared the time to manually put up 5 photos between E bid & the other Company (you know, the one that rips off all sellers & should be broken up as it acts like a monopoly)!! E bid took just over THREE times as long & when you are putting up a dozen or so items at a time IT IS A RIGHT PAIN!!!!
    Not a technophile but would love that kink to be sorted & if anyone here is techie, would love any feedback on my 4 stores:
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Phils...ction-for-sale
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Phils...ed-Memorabilia
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Charl...racters-Books-
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Phils...d-Collectables

Anything i should be doing to increase traffic?

Thanks in advance,

Philip

Default Re: Posting Photos

What is the secret to sell anything on here? I have been a member, lifetime at that, for 6 years and am running 52 auction now and have not even got a bid or watching. These cards range from $50 and up of all stars in baseball, basketball, football and hockey. I have them at .99 and tons of lookers but no buying. What am I missing?

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cardsrfun View Post
    What is the secret to sell anything on here? I have been a member, lifetime at that, for 6 years and am running 52 auction now and have not even got a bid or watching. These cards range from $50 and up of all stars in baseball, basketball, football and hockey. I have them at .99 and tons of lookers but no buying. What am I missing?
    No gallery pictures..... (ie thumbnails) - you are seller+ but don't select Gallery option on your listings? Buyers like to see from thumbnails - it's too much hassle to have to click on an item to see what it is.

re Item Specifics - older items with no barcode should have the word Exempt in the barcode box so that eBid can upload to google shopping for max exposure.

No shipping overseas - limiting your market....

If you post this on Kitchen Table (it is currently in the wrong forum) then other people may be able to help you more.

As another newby to this site but a veteran of others I am in total agreement with your thoughts on the total waste of time and frustration in this method of uploading images into the listings.It should be immediate access to your image store and direct access to the listing, without all the messing about in between.works well on other sites. After all, an easier method would mean more listings, more sales and more profit for all concerned .

Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View sheffieldtony's Feedback (+1287)
    All-About sheffieldtony
    View sheffieldtony's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by postcardsgalorerus View Post
    As another newby to this site but a veteran of others I am in total agreement with your thoughts on the total waste of time and frustration in this method of uploading images into the listings.It should be immediate access to your image store and direct access to the listing, without all the messing about in between.works well on other sites. After all, an easier method would mean more listings, more sales and more profit for all concerned .
    I Agree. To many clicks to get a photo on
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/OldPostcards

Click on Link & Join EBid.
    http://www.ebid.net/uk/buddy/317570

Quote Originally Posted by slpsearch View Post
    Why are there so many actions & page movements required to post photos?
    I compared the time to manually put up 5 photos between E bid & the other Company (you know, the one that rips off all sellers & should be broken up as it acts like a monopoly)!! E bid took just over THREE times as long & when you are putting up a dozen or so items at a time IT IS A RIGHT PAIN!!!!

Thanks in advance,

Philip
    Sorry, I don't get the problem with uploading pics to your listings.

I've just very very recently uploaded pics to the other auction site and to me, it took pretty much the same time as doing it on eBid.
    The difference between eBid and the other site as far as I could see when uploading pics, is that here you can upload 20 pics and have access to them straight away (once they've uploaded of course) making it easier to list multiple similar items (such as comics), whereas the other auction site, you can only upload the pictures for that particular listing.
    On both sites you still have to drag them to put them in the order you want.
    This, to me anyway, means more "clicking" on the other auction site.

Also, you can search here for pictures you have previously uploaded, which as far as i'm aware you cannot do on the other auction site.

Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Forum Newbie
    All-About slpsearch
    Forum Posts

Jason - think you protest too much m8!!!!!
    Anyone who uses other sites knows that there are to many actions here & the time taken to load pics could be halved, with less stress - it`s bloomin obvious!!
    Not only do you keep having to move the page in Chrome, you have to add boxes for the next photo (why not cover most posters & have say 4 boxes to start with - then add if you want more), then you have to do about 5 different actions to get you photo up, when 2 would suffice (search for picture & post it)!!! It`s not rocket science!!!!!!!
    By the way, i sell 50 items on E bay to 1 on here but still trying to promote E bid, so only knocking to improve the site!!!
    When i sell anything on E bay, they get this message:
    Hi,
    Thank you for your winning bid & I confirm that your item has now been posted.
    Any winning bid over £10 should either have tracked or signed for delivery, though anything that sells below that figure, I reserve the right to send by normal delivery.
    If you like the item, please give positive feedback when you can.
    If you are still looking for items, please find below my shop details with E Bid, the cheaper & less monopolistic UK competitor to E Bay:

https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Phils...ction-for-sale

https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Phils...ed-Memorabilia

https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Charl...racters-Books-

https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Phils...d-Collectables

Thank you again & good luck with your future bids.

Philip Waddingham

Quote Originally Posted by slpsearch View Post
    Jason - think you protest too much m8!!!!!
    Anyone who uses other sites knows that there are to many actions here & the time taken to load pics could be halved, with less stress - it`s bloomin obvious!!
    Not only do you keep having to move the page in Chrome, you have to add boxes for the next photo (why not cover most posters & have say 4 boxes to start with - then add if you want more), then you have to do about 5 different actions to get you photo up, when 2 would suffice (search for picture & post it)!!! It`s not rocket science!!!!!!!

Philip Waddingham
    Well, I went and counted the number of steps for each site.

eBid had 6 steps to put pics on an initial listing, while Ebay had only 3. So yes, there are less actions on the other site.
    eBid has 5 boxes to start with, and you don't need to add more, as selecting more than 5 pics automatically adds the extra boxes (tick box, Use Selected).

I use Firefox and never have to move the page.

I also load pictures for multiple posts at the same time as I can load 20 images on here, which since I normally only use 3-5 images means I can load enough images for 4-6 listing at a time and select those needed for each new listing, which means I spend maybe 10 seconds selecting images for a listing once they are downloaded.

So eBids 6 actions become only 4 actions if the images are already downloaded.

So again, I really don't see the huge time difference you are talking about, but that's just me and my views on this.

Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Forum Newbie
    All-About slpsearch
    Forum Posts

Methinks thou dust protest too much!!!!!!!!!!
    If most here think this could be bettered, it needs looking at - it`s called `democracy` & also good `client feedback`
    Cut the actions down to 2 & you will have earned a smiley face!! LOL

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have never found loading pictures a problem, so I agree with Bigkidsattic. Is part of your problem where you store your pictures before you use them in a listing?
    However, I have no problem if the system is changed provided it does not make things more complicated.
    Can't agree with your definition of democracy. The total number of "votes" is five so far.

Thread Information