Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Identification Document Request

Angry Identification Document Request

I just got this Identification Document Request so I am now locked out of my account until ebid reviews the documents I uploaded. I am not against vetting the sellers to make sure no frauds are committed here, but this stuff should be handled up front. I have current auctions and one sold that I was just about to print a packing slip for and get it into the mail. I bought the lifetime membership, I have 2 forms of payment available(google and paypal) I would have been more then happy to provide any documentation ebid needed during the sign up process or even if they gave some warning with time to produce the documentation but they decided to blindside me with this. So now I'm locked out until they get around to checking the documents and my customers suffer, very unprofessional

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Identification Document Request

Quote Originally Posted by 1ShotPaddys View Post
    I just got this Identification Document Request so I am now locked out of my account until ebid reviews the documents I uploaded. I am not against vetting the sellers to make sure no frauds are committed here, but this stuff should be handled up front. I have current auctions and one sold that I was just about to print a packing slip for and get it into the mail. I bought the lifetime membership, I have 2 forms of payment available(google and paypal) I would have been more then happy to provide any documentation ebid needed during the sign up process or even if they gave some warning with time to produce the documentation but they decided to blindside me with this. So now I'm locked out until they get around to checking the documents and my customers suffer, very unprofessional
    I agree, if you're going to be checked in this way you need to know that as soon as possible. The problem seems to be that it's only triggered by certain types of auctions, but you should get the nod as soon as those criteria are met, not when you've got a sale waiting. Definitely needs improvement.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am guessing it was a high price item you sold?
    I've noticed a few threads about eBid asking for extra documentation and it usually happens when a seller has high priced items for sale. I'm thinking, eBid don't know what your prices are until you start entering them which triggers some kind of alert.

I'm sure you'll be fine, up and running in no time and your buyer hopefully does not expect you to ship out immediately.

x

Thank you for your replies. I'm back up and running. Once again I'm not bothered that ebid requested this information, just the ham-handed way in which it was done

Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
    View ukcoins's Feedback (+6)
    All-About ukcoins
    View ukcoins's Listings
    Forum Posts

yea i had the same problem. paid the life time members ship started to list some items and then got blocked until i forward them the addition info they wanted, i thought the exact same as you. send them the info they have requested and they at least do sort it out very quick. took around 18 hours to get unblocked after i sent the info in.
    good luck with future sales

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

You are now officially:

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

OP - with regards to your buyer and printing a packing slip, if they paid via paypal, you should at least be able to get that order done, as you will be able to get the buyers information from Paypal.

Forum Newbie
    All-About danieljromine
    View danieljromine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agreed. I have the same problem. Now I can't even make edits to the items even though they are still listed. This is a real problem.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danieljromine View Post
    Agreed. I have the same problem. Now I can't even make edits to the items even though they are still listed. This is a real problem.
    Once you do get back in to edit can I suggest a bit more of a description than "works great".
    Doesn't exactly give an inspiration to buy!

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Frankly, in my opinion all ID Document requests should be made at the time of initial registration and not later on when there are sales pending.

Thread Information