eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't find my items on Google Shopping ?!

Default Re: Can't find my items on Google Shopping ?!

Not looking to good for eBid, seems like they have abandoned the forums as well. They use to be very active in the forums & answered questions very quickly, but now even Gazza hardly responds in the forums & I don't know when the last time Mark responded in any post. Never see Andy posting anymore, never see any posts or emails about the newsletter anymore, never see posts or emails about buddy point auctions anymore.

Come on Ebid please reply to our posts, let us know whats going on.

Perhaps if the thread was moved to website glitches it would get more response from eBid ... not sure they check the kitchen table threads. Just a thought.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

The lack of response to this thread is worrying. I've been a member since 2008 so my £49.99 life membership has been covered but what about new members looking at the site and taking up the offer recently? Will they get their monies worth? Will any members taking up your offer of the upgrade in the last few years get their money back through their sales?

It's time to come out of hibernation Gazza and face your members who have a solid concern about the future of eBid.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    Perhaps if the thread was moved to website glitches it would get more response from eBid ... not sure they check the kitchen table threads. Just a thought.
    I agree that this problem would be better raised in the website glitches. I think it is unlikely that Gazza et al check the Kitchen table thread very often as it is usually contains chat between members.
    Perhaps, as a general rule, serious matters should be raised in the Website Glitches or Website Suggestions threads.

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I agree that this problem would be better raised in the website glitches. I think it is unlikely that Gazza et al check the Kitchen table thread very often as it is usually contains chat between members.
    Perhaps, as a general rule, serious matters should be raised in the Website Glitches or Website Suggestions threads.

It's now been moved. When I started this thread I wasn't sure if it was something that was just related to my own listings that is why I put it in the Kitchen Table forum to find out. Even when I found out it was not just me I thought the problem would be addressed quickly when it was reported to support, as it is certainly affecting my sales, and I sent them a link to this thread.

Moving the thread won't help as eBid has stated before that they don't really monitor the website glitches & that issues should be reported to support, which several members have about this issue. The only response they got from eBid was that they can't control how Google uses the data.
    They really should remove the website glitches thread.

Something is really going on with eBid because when I joined in 2008 Gazza & Mark were both very active in the forums, it didn't matter what thread issues were posted in they would reply to the issue & if need be ask that it was moved to the proper thread.

They have changed logo's several times, revamped site several times & nothing seemed to help.

I believe eBid is in trouble.

Just look through some of the post of the website glitches & see when or if anyone from eBid responded.
    Last edited by HaleysComics; 28th January 2018 at 12:47 AM.

I Just looked at eBid's Facebook page, last post was November 17th, 2017.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

It's now been moved. When I started this thread I wasn't sure if it was something that was just related to my own listings that is why I put it in the Kitchen Table forum to find out. Even when I found out it was not just me I thought the problem would be addressed quickly when it was reported to support, as it is certainly affecting my sales, and I sent them a link to this thread.
    i just did a search on GS for two of your items , i cant use the full title of one of you listings because a buyer would not know the full title so i searched Hornsea Pottery, the particular item in mind did not show up but another item of yours within the title hornsea pottery did. you were not in the first 5 pages,other sellers from bid showed up selling the same brand, this particular search was not dominated by feebay sellers, etsy sellers dominated this search, i doubt feebay has less hornsea sellers ,so is this placement at off peak shopping time? i suggest a search tomorrow will show, all my items were showing at this time,

i see no reason for some of the hysteria on this thread, in fact were getting to the point of idle speculation and be careful what you wish for, i would suggest a fresh approach, if you (not you personally ) perceive a problem and many of you have suggested as much instead of demanding start to work out a solution from the perceived problem, and put that forward, ie if you think ebid are losing revenue down to you the sellers using add block, then you have perceived the problem and you already know the answer to that problem , that's in your hands, do you really think if that is part of the problem ebid are going to announce to the world it is , and ask you the sellers the community to unblock, you want it to work? sharpen up then lets see you being pro active
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    i just did a search on GS for two of your items , i cant use the full title of one of you listings because a buyer would not know the full title so i searched Hornsea Pottery, the particular item in mind did not show up but another item of yours within the title hornsea pottery did. you were not in the first 5 pages,other sellers from bid showed up selling the same brand, this particular search was not dominated by feebay sellers, etsy sellers dominated this search, i doubt feebay has less hornsea sellers ,so is this placement at off peak shopping time? i suggest a search tomorrow will show, all my items were showing at this time,

i see no reason for some of the hysteria on this thread, in fact were getting to the point of idle speculation and be careful what you wish for, i would suggest a fresh approach, if you (not you personally ) perceive a problem and many of you have suggested as much instead of demanding start to work out a solution from the perceived problem, and put that forward, ie if you think ebid are losing revenue down to you the sellers using add block, then you have perceived the problem and you already know the answer to that problem , that's in your hands, do you really think if that is part of the problem ebid are going to announce to the world it is , and ask you the sellers the community to unblock, you want it to work? sharpen up then lets see you being pro active

Sid you might have found my items at 4.59am on page five but yesterday at 5.30 on a Saturday afternoon they were nowhere to be found, not on any page, and at least two of my shops cannot be picked up in a general search. The ones that can have no description Google states that the site owner is blocking the Google search in some way so there are two problems here.

I have started this thread and contacted support about it but eBid have given no information as to what the cause might be or if it can be fixed so there is little more I can do. Personally I have never used ad block and occasionally I do click on the annoying adverts for eBid's sake.

I think there is bound to be speculation if eBid all of a sudden chooses to cut news of the site for months when they have been so pro active with news in the past.
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 28th January 2018 at 10:07 AM.

Thread Information