eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Can't find my items on Google Shopping ?!

Default Re: Can't find my items on Google Shopping ?!

Just a guess here... but maybe eBid.net has a daily Google Shopping budget? They set a daily spend max and once that max is hit, the ads disappear?

Quote Originally Posted by RonThePartsGuy View Post
    Just a guess here... but maybe eBid.net has a daily Google Shopping budget? They set a daily spend max and once that max is hit, the ads disappear?

No this isn't the case, please see Gazza's post from the 2nd February below. It's now the 16th and it's no better.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Hi everyone,

We have definitely been having some headaches and battles with Google Shopping of late. The engine behind the GS system is patched and "improved" very often and is very very different and more legitimised when compared to the system that was first put in place many years ago.

The main problems stem from the need for product attributes (sizes, colours etc) and are becoming more and more strict over recent months and are being brought to our attention by Google more often with parent account wide consequences instead of previous sub-account interruptions. Our data feeds to Google Shopping have been tweaked almost daily for the last few weeks but have improved to a point where we should hopefully regain our constant 24 hour presence from the beginning of next week. There has been a couple of hours here and there of late that have seen our items removed from GS only to be returned a little later.

On top of this I can report that we have started a trial of Bing Shopping and have started a feed to Bing US and Bing UK of eBid items. This is still in its infancy and the traffic difference between Google and Bing will mean the clickthroughs to your items from Bing will be less. We'll be adding more details in our upcoming newsletter.

Gazza

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

No this isn't the case, please see Gazza's post from the 2nd February below. It's now the 16th and it's no better.
    the key to understanding whats going on here is the time items disappear ,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

The listings have gone again.

I don't know what Gazza means by Bing shopping ? I went to have a look over there and found this.
    https://searchengineland.com/bing-sa...uct-ads-170524 So Bing shopping no longer exists.

Then I found this
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0255670?auth=1so Bing Product Search no longer exists either.

I tried searching over there for an item that I have plenty of and the two 'big' sites appeared at the top of page one. eBid appeared about half way down on page two ! It didn't bring up any individual listings.

Maybe it would be better to spend the money on bringing in an expert that can solve this Google Shopping problem instead as nothing seems to be improving ?

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    The listings have gone again.

I don't know what Gazza means by Bing shopping ? I went to have a look over there and found this.
    https://searchengineland.com/bing-sa...uct-ads-170524 So Bing shopping no longer exists.

Then I found this
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0255670?auth=1so Bing Product Search no longer exists either.

I tried searching over there for an item that I have plenty of and the two 'big' sites appeared at the top of page one. eBid appeared about half way down on page two ! It didn't bring up any individual listings.

Maybe it would be better to spend the money on bringing in an expert that can solve this Google Shopping problem instead as nothing seems to be improving ?
    TBH Becky, I'm one that would rather have eBid put up the FVF to 3% and allow ALL members to have their items show on GS rather than this £1 minimum selling price. Why? Because the buyers in most areas are non-existent and if ALL items showed on GS it would give us ALL a chance of sales.

I say this in the hope that eBid get the problem sorted first.

Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Hi Cornishmaid, thanks for posting that. i have just checked my items and they have gone again.

So do items show now? sorry skimmed the thread as its 20 pages
    Lisa

Feedback left when payment received
    FREE POST ON ALL ORDERS

Free Pack of UK Wildflower seeds sent with every order throughout 2023

-------------------------------------------------------
    A smile is a curve that can set things straight!

Quote Originally Posted by MooseSeeds View Post
    So do items show now? sorry skimmed the thread as its 20 pages

They seem to be O.K. during the day but disappear at prime shopping time in the evenings. I checked just before 9.00pm this evening and there wasn't an eBid listing in sight but just checked again and they are back now. It's soooo annoying, I just wish they could figure out how to fix it or get an expert in that knows the workings of Google !

Have you changed your user name again Lisa ? Lol, I can't keep up with you !

Hopefully that gets fixed

Yes, final change now ! Loved my previous name but had some issues with another company name so had to rebrand and move on. Divorce, deaths, business partnership breakdowns, trademarks, rebrands ... time to get selling now lol

Quote Originally Posted by MooseSeeds View Post
    Hopefully that gets fixed

Yes, final change now ! Loved my previous name but had some issues with another company name so had to rebrand and move on. Divorce, deaths, business partnership breakdowns, trademarks, rebrands ... time to get selling now lol

Well good luck after all that. We might be able to sell more if only this problem would get fixed !

Thread Information