eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't find my items on Google Shopping ?!

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Can't find my items on Google Shopping ?!

It's not boding well for the UK at the moment. I wonder if the US has any problems.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

My stores show up on an ordinary search but I can't find my items on a shopping search.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

I’ve recently noticed that there aren’t many of my listings showing on Google shopping either. Items that I knew were showing in the past. Does google shopping drop items after a certain length of time?

I'm in the U.S. Mine are not showing . .. at all . . . on Google Shopping. They are getting good placement on Google Search.

I just tried a general search for one of my items and all that came up was a link to the old listing that finished on the 6th January, the current listing is not there at all ! It's like I have been obliterated from Google !

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Searching Beckys hoard eBid returns several (I didn't count them) pages of results

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Searching Beckys hoard eBid returns several (I didn't count them) pages of results

Thank goodness for that, they are back on Google Shopping this morning ! I can still only find two out of five of my shops though doing a general search.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

Thank goodness for that, they are back on Google Shopping this morning ! I can still only find two out of five of my shops though doing a general search.
    This search returns quite a lot of your items (again I didn't count them) in a non-shopping Google search.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    This search returns quite a lot of your items (again I didn't count them) in a non-shopping Google search.
    Thanks that link doesn't take me anywhere but I agree some of my things are now coming up in non-shopping search and a lot of my photos are back too (which weren't there last night - only Pinterest ones were showing).

However only my pottery shop and jewellery shop are coming up in general search. If I Google 'Becky's Hoard Kitchenalia', 'Becky's Hoard Books', or 'Becky's Hoard Brocante' they don't show. The two that do show, as I said before, have missing descriptions with the information :-
    The page owner blocked this page from Google in a suboptimal way, so we couldn't create a good page description. If you know the site owners, let them know that "robots.txt is blocking Google and can't create a site description in search results"

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Thanks that link doesn't take me anywhere...

Probably because it came from my tablet. The search was beckys hoard ebid -forums, with the country set to UK to filter out all the duplicate results on international sites.

However only my pottery shop and jewellery shop are coming up in general search. If I Google 'Becky's Hoard Kitchenalia', 'Becky's Hoard Books', or 'Becky's Hoard Brocante' they don't show.
    I get hits from all your stores.

The two that do show, as I said before, have missing descriptions with the information :-
    The page owner blocked this page from Google in a suboptimal way, so we couldn't create a good page description. If you know the site owners, let them know that "robots.txt is blocking Google and can't create a site description in search results"
    Haven't seen that. The way I am searching, store based, often doesn't have a good description as it is picking up your About Me page text instead. If I search on a specific item then the listing description is returned - though i haven't checked every one.

I think you just have to accept that Google and its search results are a law unto themself and totally unpredictable.

Thread Information