eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't find my items on Google Shopping ?!

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Can't find my items on Google Shopping ?!

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    Have you had any further word from support, Becky? Frankly, the lack of response to this thread is a bit disconcerting.
    I get regular updates regarding changes relating to ebid and the latest update informed me there has been a change of director

Could be something or nothing but the site wanted me to pay £20 to find out more...lol

Have just had a look at eBid details at Companies House and they do not show any recent change of director. Although there have been changes to current directors details this year. Wasn't clear [well not to me] what these changes were. Of course the details may not be up to date. These details are freely available, no payment or registration required.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by liquidliterature View Post
    Have just had a look at eBid details at Companies House and they do not show any recent change of director. Although there have been changes to current directors details this year. Wasn't clear [well not to me] what these changes were. Of course the details may not be up to date. These details are freely available, no payment or registration required.
    You pay £20 for more detailed information like reports so it isn't free

Could be one of the directors has moved house...I said it could be something or nothing.

Yes there has been a change in something to do with the current directors, but it wasn’t clear to me what the changes were. However if there had been a change of director that would have shown whether you paid or not.

There is a long list of documents that can be viewed free of charge including eBid's accounts for the year ending 31.03.2017.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

They do make some charges, but most seem to be one or two pounds, so not sure why you were quoted £20.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

There's been a change of shareholdings. Gary and Mark are still in command.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    There's been a change of shareholdings. Gary and Mark are still in command.
    I saw that too Gill. I'm glad Gazza and Mark have retained the majority of shares.

Back on topic, despite my listings ranking higher on Google Shopping this morning they have still disappeared as usual this evening.

All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I saw that too Gill. I'm glad Gazza and Mark have retained the majority of shares.

Back on topic, despite my listings ranking higher on Google Shopping this morning they have still disappeared as usual this evening.
    Due to the changes in shareholdings Becky I think the boys will come back with a statement/newsletter at the end of January, which is due, or early February.

I am still concerned but will give them both the benefit of doubt.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

I have been checking a couple of books that I have listed on both eBid and eBay. Most of the day both are listed with the eBay listed first. Sometime after 6pm the eBid listing disappears and returns sometime after midnight.

I don’t know much about Google Shopping, but it seems that you can limit your spend to a certain amount each day. I wonder if eBid have lowered their limit and all the available credit is used up by about 6 or 7pm. Or perhaps Google are charging too much for listings at a prime time.

This appears at the bottom of the Google shopping page “Google is compensated by these merchants. Payment is one of several factors used to rank these results.” So there may be other factors causing the eBid items to disappear. Only Gazza and Mark know what is happening and it seems from other posts they are reluctant to comment on this matter. Possibly because they consider the reasons to be commercially sensitive.

All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by liquidliterature View Post
    I have been checking a couple of books that I have listed on both eBid and eBay. Most of the day both are listed with the eBay listed first. Sometime after 6pm the eBid listing disappears and returns sometime after midnight.

I don’t know much about Google Shopping, but it seems that you can limit your spend to a certain amount each day. I wonder if eBid have lowered their limit and all the available credit is used up by about 6 or 7pm. Or perhaps Google are charging too much for listings at a prime time.

This appears at the bottom of the Google shopping page “Google is compensated by these merchants. Payment is one of several factors used to rank these results.” So there may be other factors causing the eBid items to disappear. Only Gazza and Mark know what is happening and it seems from other posts they are reluctant to comment on this matter. Possibly because they consider the reasons to be commercially sensitive.
    eBid can make the market but....

they do need to offer the £49.99 lifetime membership as a one-off rather than this stupid upgrade which is confusing.

The 2% listing fee (this has been at 2% since I joined in 2008!) needs to go up to 3% at least and the non-members listing fee needs to be changed to between 5% and 10%.

Now look at eBay charges and just remember, eBay charge for shops yet eBid gives you 5 shops FREE OF CHARGE with exception to listing/extra pics etc. once you have opted for the lifetime.

Me thinks, Gazza/Mark need help in accounting and I'm sure there's someone out there who can do it for you. It's obvious that a Director in marketing/development and another Director in programming cannot do it for themselves.

Get help guys and make eBid members very happy from advertising with the extra revenue. .

PS - No I am not after a job!

If this lack of exposure in the evenings on Google Shopping is purely about money and not any kind of glitch then I totally agree with you Gill.

I would happily see my FVF go up from 2% to 3% to get more exposure for my listings. As you say we get five free shops here plus we don't get charged on our postage either. 3% would still be a real bargain compared to anywhere else.

Thread Information