eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't find my items on Google Shopping ?!

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Can't find my items on Google Shopping ?!

well thats good to hear "occasionally I do click on the annoying adverts for eBid's sake.the point of my post to get some one like yourself to speak up on this, lets hope as a leader you are followed !

4,59am if you want precise information when items are showing or not so ebid if they choose can go to google then a search at 5.00am is as relevant as 5pm, have you done /repeated the search i did at 5am ? if you have you haven't mentioned it, i have, out of 13 pages you have a result 1 item hornsea pottery page 13, other ebid sellers also have results from the same search and the search is dominated by etsy sellers, i think thats important information you failed to even acknowledge in your last post this information, i wont be searching again,

as for the site owner blocking the google search , if that particular search was there before and not there now then of course you deserve an answer,but can you answer it yourself ? is there not a clause that if there are repeated click throughs from google that do not turn into a sale are not the items blocked from uploads, you say "general search" you mean google not GS ? if the former why would ebid block a general up load if it is indeed a upload by ebid rather than a google bott just scavenging information, that would be a problem with the scavenger and its master,

i think the detailed search information is more important than speculation more precise information is needed people need to do more round the clock time checks , i have said myself prime time placements are missing , but not all the time, you say you have not had a sale in a month, well ive not had a sale in 4 months which is unheard of for me, but searching feebay and other market places, what i sell is depressed , more repeated auctions of the same item, reproduction items undercutting price of originals, repeat customers in my case ,(collectors) as maybe for you simply not buying as they have in the past, a flooded market does not entice people to look at other markets they dont need to search for some thing that's already in abundance in there usual market place. as for lack of news many reasons again, who knows is there supposed to be any news as opposed to comments on lack of placements? maybe there's nothing to report news wise, maybe in a quiet time some ones on holiday , of course im speculating here but not in a negative sense, dont fight me sarge im not fighting you im throwing a different spin on this thread to some posts of idle speculation .
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    well thats good to hear "occasionally I do click on the annoying adverts for eBid's sake.the point of my post to get some one like yourself to speak up on this, lets hope as a leader you are followed !

4,59am if you want precise information when items are showing or not so ebid if they choose can go to google then a search at 5.00am is as relevant as 5pm, have you done /repeated the search i did at 5am ? if you have you haven't mentioned it, i have, out of 13 pages you have a result 1 item hornsea pottery page 13, other ebid sellers also have results from the same search and the search is dominated by etsy sellers, i think thats important information you failed to even acknowledge in your last post this information, i wont be searching again,
    I have repeatedly said in this thread that my items are visable in the mornings but disappear at U.K. prime time shopping hours late afternoon and evening.

as for the site owner blocking the google search , if that particular search was there before and not there now then of course you deserve an answer,but can you answer it yourself ? is there not a clause that if there are repeated click throughs from google that do not turn into a sale are not the items blocked from uploads, you say "general search" you mean google not GS ? if the former why would ebid block a general up load if it is indeed a upload by ebid rather than a google bott just scavenging information, that would be a problem with the scavenger and its master,

I do mean a 'general' Google search and as I've said before, Google have the information written under the couple of my shops that I can find that :- The page owner blocked this page from Google in a suboptimal way, so we couldn't create a good page description. If you know the site owners, let them know that "robots.txt is blocking Google and can't create a site description in search results". This may also be the reason that my other shops can't be found at all doing a 'general' search, I just don't know as I'm not a techie.

i think the detailed search information is more important than speculation more precise information is needed people need to do more round the clock time checks , i have said myself prime time placements are missing , but not all the time, you say you have not had a sale in a month, well ive not had a sale in 4 months which is unheard of for me, but searching feebay and other market places, what i sell is depressed , more repeated auctions of the same item, reproduction items undercutting price of originals, repeat customers in my case ,(collectors) as maybe for you simply not buying as they have in the past, a flooded market does not entice people to look at other markets they dont need to search for some thing that's already in abundance in there usual market place. as for lack of news many reasons again, who knows is there supposed to be any news as opposed to comments on lack of placements? maybe there's nothing to report news wise, maybe in a quiet time some ones on holiday , of course im speculating here but not in a negative sense, dont fight me sarge im not fighting you im throwing a different spin on this thread to some posts of idle speculation .

It may well be a quiet buying time but with over 2,000 listings here and sales on my own website I would think the probability would be to get at least one sale. Even if your own speculation is right about people not buying in general then poor visibility on Google is not helping matters. As for no newsletter since July and no posts on Facebook and Twitter since November because there's nothing to report or someone is on holiday I'm afraid I just can't believe. I'm not 'fighting' anyone Sid I'm just very concerned and want some answers.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Beckys Hoard pottery first result on a normal search

Did you mean: Becky's Hoard pottery

Search Results

BECKYS HOARD Pottery Store on eBid United Kingdom - Page 1

https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/BECKYS-HOARD-Pottery

Listings 1 - 55 of 1195 - BECKYS HOARD Pottery eBid Store - Beckys Hoard for china, porcelain, studio pottery and other collectables that need to be adopted! Come and browse to find replacement china or just the thing to brighten up your home. - on eBid United Kingdom - Page 1.

Listings 1 - 55 of 1195 - BECKYS HOARD Pottery eBid Store - Beckys Hoard for china, porcelain, studio pottery and other collectables that need to be adopted! Come and browse to find replacement china or just the thing to brighten up your home. - on eBid United Kingdom - Page 1.

eBid Forums - eBid.net

https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthread.php?101506-Over-half-a-million...

3 Apr 2008 - Quote Originally Posted by Cocksparrer View Post. LOL ive gotta try & find £250 for the excess on my car. Ouch! That's a nasty one - worse than having a filling!!! Click on the banner to visit my pottery store! Becky's Hoard Books · Becky's Hoard Jewellery · Becky's Hoard Kitchenalia · Becky's Hoard Brocante

Images for Becky's Hoard Kitchenalia

that above is a general search not using links just titles of the particular shops ,you did say "This may also be the reason that my other shops can't be found at all doing a 'general' search, I just don't know as I'm not a techie." so am i replicating your general search? and getting results and your not ? i cant really see how that would help new buyers find you not knowing your shop name but thats not the issue. its presence is what your concern is

Beckys Hoard pottery first result on a normal search

I know it is I can see it too, that is not one of the missing shops, as I have said before in this thread it is Becky's Hoard Books and Becky's Hoard Brocante that are the missing ones and Becky's Hoard Kitchenalia seems to vanish on odd occasions too.

Thanks for looking though.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I know it is I can see it too, that is not one of the missing shops, as I have said before in this thread it is Becky's Hoard Books and Becky's Hoard Brocante that are the missing ones and Becky's Hoard Kitchenalia seems to vanish on odd occasions too.

Thanks for looking though.

look its page one of a normal search

Listings 1 - 55 of 1195 - Store Description. Beckys Hoard for china, porcelain, studio pottery and other collectables that need to be adopted! Come and browse to find replacement china or just the thing to brighten up your home. Add to My Favourite Stores. More Stores by Seller. BECKYS HOARD Books · BECKYS HOARD ...

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

and again page one normal search

eBid Stores in General Stores > Odds n Sods Store Directory on eBid ...

https://www.ebid.net/uk/store-directory/general-stores/odds-n-sods/

Listings 1 - 20 of 25 - BECKYS HOARD Brocante · cornishmaid1961 [+3617] View cornishmaid1961's eBid Stores. Welcome to Becky's Hoard brocante - come and have a good old rummage! I will be listing unusual, decorative and also useful items that don't fit into my other store categories. You never know what you might ..

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

BECKYS HOARD Brocante - eBid.net

https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/BECKYS-HOARD-Brocante
    No information is available for this page.
    Learn why

is this what you mean ? the link is clickable straight to the store, "No information is available for this page." means there is not any sub title information available which there is in results for other stores that's all it means, every one of yours stores is searchable and clickable and goes to the appropriate store

BECKYS HOARD Brocante - eBid.net

https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/BECKYS-HOARD-Brocante
    No information is available for this page.
    Learn why

is this what you mean ? the link is clickable straight to the store, "No information is available for this page." means there is not any sub title information available which there is in results for other stores that's all it means, every one of yours stores is searchable and clickable and goes to the appropriate store
    ​Well it's good that you found it Sid because I still can't. I've looked all through the ten related pages that come up.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    ​Well it's good that you found it Sid because I still can't. I've looked all through the ten related pages that come up.

maybe , i cant find jewelry can you ? books only gets a mention or is visible i the pottery search subtitle area

so not so bleak but not perfect

maybe , i cant find jewelry can you ? books only gets a mention or is visible i the pottery search subtitle area

so not so bleak but not perfect
    Yes both my pottery and jewellery stores appear each time in a general seach.

Thread Information