eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Can't find my items on Google Shopping ?!

Default Re: Can't find my items on Google Shopping ?!

None of my items show on Google shopping, unless I'm looking in the wrong place can't find anyone elses either.

What is the criteria for selection?
    Lisa

Feedback left when payment received
    FREE POST ON ALL ORDERS

Free Pack of UK Wildflower seeds sent with every order throughout 2023

-------------------------------------------------------
    A smile is a curve that can set things straight!

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

unless i search for my exact title, none of my cards have ever shown up
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MooseSeeds View Post
    None of my items show on Google shopping, unless I'm looking in the wrong place can't find anyone elses either.

What is the criteria for selection?

Make sure you have the tick box for Google Shopping ticked in your defaults.
    Your listings need to be over £1, have a buy it now price alongside any auction price and have either a bar code or if there isn't a code then the word 'EXEMPT' needs to go in the bar code box.

A word of warning if the same items are also running on another site then they won't appear as Google won't accept duplicates even if they are coming from a different site.

Thanks for that, had no clue lol
    Lisa

Feedback left when payment received
    FREE POST ON ALL ORDERS

Free Pack of UK Wildflower seeds sent with every order throughout 2023

-------------------------------------------------------
    A smile is a curve that can set things straight!

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

Make sure you have the tick box for Google Shopping ticked in your defaults.
    Your listings need to be over £1, have a buy it now price alongside any auction price and have either a bar code or if there isn't a code then the word 'EXEMPT' needs to go in the bar code box.

A word of warning if the same items are also running on another site then they won't appear as Google won't accept duplicates even if they are coming from a different site.
    How does Google know it's a duplicate, rather than just another seller offering a similar item?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    How does Google know it's a duplicate, rather than just another seller offering a similar item?

I've got no idea, I presume it must be to do with the same wording in the description ?

I thought we might have been cured as my items were showing on Google Shopping at 8.00pm but I've just checked and they have gone again. I do wish eBid would give us an update.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've got no idea, I presume it must be to do with the same wording in the description ?

it has , as google says theres duplicates and duplicates

QUOTE: “so if we can recognize that these pages have the same content on them or the same primary content on them then we’ll try to fold that into one and make sure that all of the signals we have focus on that one page “ John Mueller, Google 2018

QUOTE: “and in a case like that it can happen that our algorithms say we need to kind of ignore this website completely we don’t need to focus on it in the search the manual webspam team might even come in and say actually it’s it’s a waste of our resources to even look at this website because it’s just pure copies of all of these other websites maybe slightly rewritten but it’s not there’s nothing unique here and in those cases we might remove a website completely from search so that’s kind of the the one that you really need to watch out for if it’s really just a matter of your content on your website in multiple URLs then from a technical point of view you can improve that slightly by kind of having fewer copies on the website but that’s not something that you really need to watch out for.” John Mueller, Google 2018

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post

I thought the situation was that if a seller has an itemlisted on TOS which they later listed on eBid the item would not appear on Google Shopping as being for sale on both sites.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I thought the situation was that if a seller has an itemlisted on TOS which they later listed on eBid the item would not appear on Google Shopping as being for sale on both sites.
    its not a question of thinking its a matter of going and looking what google say ,

“…in some cases, content is deliberately duplicated across domains in an attempt to manipulate search engine rankings or win more traffic.
    Deceptive practices like this can result in a poor user experience, when a visitor sees substantially the same content repeated within a set of search results.
    Google tries hard to index and show pages with distinct information.
    This filtering means, for instance, that if your site has a “regular” and “printer” version of each article, and neither of these is blocked with a noindex meta tag, we’ll choose one of them to list.
    In the rare cases in which Google perceives that duplicate content may be shown with intent to manipulate our rankings and deceive our users, we’ll also make appropriate adjustments in the indexing and ranking of the sites involved.
    As a result, the ranking of the site may suffer, or the site might be removed entirely from the Google index, in which case it will no longer appear in search results. GOOGLE
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Thread Information