Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Payment options

Forum Newbie
    All-About Somerset72
    View Somerset72's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Payment options

Hi all it's been a while since I've used ebid back to when it first started really so can someone give me a update as to what payment options there are now and as a seller how is it? Thanks jo

Default Re: Payment options

Paypal is still the most popular.

We did have Skrill too but then they started messing eBid around and have stated that only members with 'merchant' accounts (which are expensive) can use it on eBid.

You can also use eBid's own payment system PPPay for U.K. sales. PPPay has been improved over the years and their fees have come down but I think they have stopped using euros now on PPPay as far as I know ?

It's up to you if you want to accept cheques and bank transfers etc.

Forum Newbie
    Macquarie Fields, New South Wales, Australia
    View contessa40's Feedback (+147)
    All-About contessa40
    View contessa40's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have just configured my Skrill email address on my personal settings but there is no Skrill payment option on any of my listings... could anybody tell me why not?

Also eBid says we require a 'secret word' from Skrill, but I have looked for an hour on the Skrill website and there is no sign of any option or information regarding a 'Secret Word'...?
    Does anybody know anything about this or how to get it?

I would appreciate your help. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by contessa40 View Post
    I have just configured my Skrill email address on my personal settings but there is no Skrill payment option on any of my listings... could anybody tell me why not?

Also eBid says we require a 'secret word' from Skrill, but I have looked for an hour on the Skrill website and there is no sign of any option or information regarding a 'Secret Word'...?
    Does anybody know anything about this or how to get it?

I would appreciate your help. Thanks
    I used to use Skrill on eBid but then people started to get problems so I took it off. This was what eBid said on their newsletter of Feb 2017.

eBid offers a range of payment options that sellers can use on their listings. One of these is Skrill. Until now Skrill standard account holders were able to accept payment to their accounts for their sales but this has now been changed. In order to continue to accept Skrill payments your Skrill account will need to be a Business/Merchant account. See their website for upgrade information. We will be looking to incorporate other payment processors into the eBid ecosystem in the near future. If you have any you think we should take a look at drop us a note on the Website Suggestion Forum.

If you have a merchant account with Skrill you would need to make sure the Skrill tick box is ticked in the payments section of your listings.
    I'm afraid I don't know about the secret word business as I no longer use it. You could try emailing support@ebid.net and ask if they know where to look on the Skrill site if you have a business account.

Paypal for me. I would not use Skrill in Australia as I do not believe most people have heard of it or would use it. They all know about Paypal and when I do con conventions around the country and local markets I can use Paypal here.
    https://sew-much-to-see.ebid.net
    https://dellswear.ebid.net
    https://the-dolls-boutique.ebid.net

Thread Information