Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Something strange with closed listings ?

Default Something strange with closed listings ?

Something strange is going on with my closed listings today. I had a listing finish this afternoon (item 164494588), I wondered why it had closed by itself as usually my listings end in a cluster, and I saw that the auto repost setting was set to number one and not number ten as I usually have it.

Then this evening I noticed another listing had ended (item 165165751) and that had the setting that the listing should close after a cycle of 3 days 21 hours and 30 minutes. I always have my listings set on 8 days 0 hours 0 minutes. I did not change the settings on either of these listings so something else did ??? The only time I ever change those numbers is for my YDC listings which are on a 4 day cycle with no reposts.

As far as I know the other listings that closed were as normal.

Default Re: Something strange with closed listings ?

I've been noticing that my listings are ending in the middle of the night here and thought it odd because they should end exactly 10 days after I posted - which is not in the middle of the night lol!!

I've also been getting individual notifications of re-posts instead of the "Mass Notification" posts. If they were bulk re-posted after the initial 10 times was up, they should all be ending at the same time, but they are ending anywhere from minutes to a couple of hours apart.

I'm guessing that it is due to the changes they are making and when they are done tweaking everything, I'll have a big edit to do to get everything back to normal. But, I'll pay closer attention and see if the same thing is happening to me - I know the "time thing" is way off but haven't paid attention to the number of days to run the listing or the number of re-posts.

Becky, Did you ever figure out what was going on with your listings? I have had some listings close since I last posted and they all seem to be okay - 10 days, 10 re-posts.

I am still having a problem with notifications. The other day I had 77 closed listings and I clicked on "Repost & Delete all 77 Items". I got 77 individual e-mails instead of one mass notification.

Quote Originally Posted by Shesawaya38485 View Post
    Becky, Did you ever figure out what was going on with your listings? I have had some listings close since I last posted and they all seem to be okay - 10 days, 10 re-posts.

I am still having a problem with notifications. The other day I had 77 closed listings and I clicked on "Repost & Delete all 77 Items". I got 77 individual e-mails instead of one mass notification.

I had one other listing that closed after 3 reposts instead of the usual 10 since then but other than that one the others have been O.K.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shesawaya38485 View Post

That's is what has always happened if you use "Repost and Delete all XXX items. It happened to me with over 200 listings just after this option was offered. This is why I have never used this button since.

I just had another listing ending all by itself this afternoon, item 164947966.

When I checked it was set on only 3 reposts instead of the usual 10, which I didn't change !

I used repost all once and it messed everything up so now i do a page at a time

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    I used repost all once and it messed everything up so now i do a page at a time

I only do mine one at a time as I like to space my listings out five minutes apart so I don't use the 'all repost' buttons.
    It's a mystery how the auto repost numbers can change by themselves, I didn't change them and my default is also set to 10 ?!

Got another single listing ended today at 4.00am with a time jump, listing 165449987.

It should have had a listing cycle of 8 days 0 hours 0 minutes like all my other listings. Instead it had a listing cycle of 5 days, 3 hours & 28 minutes ?!

I keep getting these odd listings where either the time has changed or the number of reposts has changed. What could be causing this ?

Just had another listing 166110197 close by itself at 11.52.
    The close the listing time had jumped to 3 days, 21 hours and 22 minutes instead of 8 days 0 hours, 0 minutes which I always have it set on.

Thread Information