eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What has happened to the eBid newsletter ?

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What has happened to the eBid newsletter ?

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I'm glad it is not just me who minds about "sexual wellness" being in the wrong place. The toys section has been moved but I think the stupid (mostly dodgy) creams and stuff should also be gone - I must check and see if any of them are illegal without prescription because that will get a reaction from ebid.

P.S. All herbal... really dodgy(imho) but not illegal
    Ebid doesn't mention sexual wellness in their newsletter.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shesawaya38485 View Post
    I'm wondering if there is something wrong with their e-mail system??

I saw your post yesterday and went to the US site to check it out and was "shocked" to find the Sexual Wellness category had been added in the regular category and NOT in the Adult section. I reported, I don't know how many toys, but did NOT get an auto reply on any of them.

Today I looked and there were still some "toys" and other items (shot glasses, handcuffs, etc.????) in the Other category under Sexual Wellness. The "Toy" category had been removed. I ended up reporting 39 items and got 39 auto replies.

IMHO -Sexual Wellness should be in the Adult category period. I'm not dumb enough to think that kids under 18 do not have sex, but I don't think they need to be exposed to things like enhancement creams & devices, lubes, etc. The estrogen and testosterone supplements are NOT something that should be taken without being under the supervision of a doctor - a body's hormones need to be balanced or some serious issues could result. But, if a person wants to mess with their own hormones without a doctor, they should at least be over the age of 18.

Not that any of this really matters because all you have to do to get to the "Adult" section is click on a button saying you are over 18. I used to sell on a site that made a person request authorization to go into the adult section. They did this by verifying your age with the credentials you provided when you signed up and if you were over 18, they had to "press a button" to allow you access to the Adult section.

I'm not being a prude about any of this, I used to go with a friend to assist with her very lucrative "in home toy party" business, but I believe that websites have an ethical obligation to keep "Adult items" in the Adult section.

Well, that was nice of them to send a "thank you"! My invoices are showing on the site but I haven't gotten any e-mail notifications and they even say on that page "You will be emailed an invoice on the 1st of each month relating to the previous month's activity." I do owe them .08 from October (got e-mail then), so I think I would have gotten e-mails in Nov & Dec??? My ISP sends ALL emails to my account - there is no Spam filter - we have to mark our own as Spam and they get sent back to the ISP for blocking.

Ah! I just remembered that PP sent a new chip card after they started having all their issues and I forgot to change that info, but that should not make any difference, as they don't collect 8 cents and I'm sure they would have e-mailed me if they tried to collect and failed. Better get that done before it slips my mind....

The adult section has nothing to do with the newsletter that cornishmaid is posting about.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I mentioned this problem earlier in the thread. Something along the lines of "it's all going to the dogs"... now the management have at least addressed the problem, I am less annoyed.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

The eBid newsletter has nothing to do with 'sexual awareness'. If you wish to start a forum conversation regarding this topic then please start a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    The adult section has nothing to do with the newsletter that cornishmaid is posting about.

Hello Gill, happy new year, haven't seen you around in ages.
    Don't worry I don't mind it going off topic a bit but it would be nice to get some kind of reply from eBid about what is happening on the lack of publicity front !

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

I don't feel nearly so nice about your comments, Gill. I will continue to post as I see fit, whether you like it or not.
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

Hello Gill, happy new year, haven't seen you around in ages.
    Don't worry I don't mind it going off topic a bit but it would be nice to get some kind of reply from eBid about what is happening on the lack of publicity front !
    Happy new year to you to Becky.

I tend to keep off the forums but there are times when I have to reply and going off topic is one of them especially when it involves a long term member and your thread of the newsletter.

Both of the members that I quoted are well aware about going off topic and are quite able to start their own thread. So, lets keep this topic of yours about the eBid newsletter on track as I am sure many members would like to know the answer.

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Don't worry I don't mind it going off topic a bit but it would be nice to get some kind of reply from eBid about what is happening on the lack of publicity front ![/SIZE][/B][/I]
    I have sent the link to this thread to support - this often works.
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

I have sent the link to this thread to support - this often works.

Brill, thanks Madelaine. I do wonder if anyone from management even comes in to look at the forums these days. I know Gazza pops in from time to time but again they used to employ someone else to keep an eye on things and that seems to have stopped too ?

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't feel nearly so nice about your comments, Gill. I will continue to post as I see fit, whether you like it or not.

​Actually, I have to agree with Gill in that the comments regarding "sexual wellness" don't seem to be related to a thread about the newsletter or lack thereof. It would seem to fit more into the thread in the glitch forum about the adult toys.

Thread Information