Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Message with MaO counter offer

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Message with MaO counter offer

I would like to be able to send a message when making a counter offer.

For example --

An offer was made on one of my listings and I couldn't come down to the price they were offering ---- however thinking I might help them, I put on a listing for an identical item (with a very slight problem) that I would let them have for the offered amount. I wanted to send them a note and give them the ID#.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Message with MaO counter offer

I like this. Turning down an offer looks somewhat rude. A message might blunt this.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree Madelaine, particularly when you think of some of the abrupt and not far of rude messages that have been generated in the past by eBid , it would be good to be able to send your own personalised message.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

I totally agree!! Negotiating a deal involves more than just tossing numbers back and forth between 2 people. If I can find out their zip code, I can sometimes get a better price on shipping than what the calculator comes up with - saving them some money but not losing as much from my pocket. As it is now, you can't offer them a total price and indicate that it includes cheaper shipping prices plus a little off the item.

I totally agree too. Indeed, not having experienced receiving offers on eBid, I'm surprised and disappointed to learn sending back a message isn't possible.

I often use this feature on "the other side". Over there I'm very used to chancers who make low offers. I normally reply with an explanation that if they care to show me an alternative source of supply I'll be happy to try to match or better whatever they find. And some then do that and return with a better offer.

The game I don't play and have no wish to play is where the two parties go back and forth with no supporting reasons and try to "end up in the middle". That's a stupid game that rewards the people who make ridiculously low ball offers.

A more concrete example: when I list a rare book I look at Amazon to see what competition there is. I undercut a little and list on eBid. I'm happy to wait for a buyer. Meanwhile the price on Amazon may drop. In which case I really want a prospective buyer to come and make me a realistic offer, pointing out the situation. They'll get a good deal and we're all happy.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information