Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: 'Phantom Views' (?)

Default 'Phantom Views' (?)

Hi all,
    I have a question about views. I just started listing on eBid after an extended hiatus, and don't remember this happening before. As soon as something is listed, it immediately has 2 views, within a second. I know it counts me as a view, but this is even before I look at the listing myself, so it's not me. Just wondering why this is. I've already figured out to not count the first 2 as 'real people' lol

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: 'Phantom Views' (?)

It is a known fault, which presumably is fixable is anyone can be bothered. For as long as I have been associated with eBid (10+ years) the counters have been a total fiction, and are best ignored.

You could try logging it in the website glitches section but it is unlikely to have anything done about it.
    I have placed a hit counter in my listings, whether it is accurate or not I do not know but the readings are different from the site counters.
    Last edited by lofty100e; 12th December 2017 at 09:40 AM.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Default Re: 'Phantom Views' (?)

Ah ok got it :-)
    If it's pretty much common knowledge already, I'll just deal with it. Do you know whether most traffic comes mainly from Google shopping, or from the site search?. I know auctions (with no 'buy now') aren't sent to Google, but am wondering about the rest, and if I should tailor titles/descriptions one way or the other.
    Thanks!

Thread Information