Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: YDC / charity listings

Default YDC / charity listings

Hi all.

I have quite a few items listed for charity in my General Store.

As I do like to list for the YDC, I would ask if anyone sees a charity listing that I have, or any other listing, and they would like to purchase for charity to please let me know. I may well be willing to change the listing and list for YDC.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: YDC / charity listings

Good idea. I might copy that

Hi Meebo. Thanks for responding.

If you see any item that you are interested in, please let me know.

I also have a variety of beads, buttons, findings More craft patterns etc. Stamps, coins, spoons, postcards, books, audiobooks, Brooke Bond cards, *stuff* etc. etc. I never know what to list. It all takes time to take decent photographs and do the listing. Thousands of items to list.

If anyone is looking for something, please post on the forums. There is a wanted section here on the forum.

If I can 'rehome' items and donate to local charities in the process, I am more than willing to do so.

Many items will just end up in the dumpster or the recycle bin, if I can't sell.

I send them to the local hospital auxiliary thrift shop, but the shop is full to the rafters. They do lots of business and everyone in our community benefits health-wise as a result. It is all volunteer driven. I also try to support our local foodbank, as it is a well run charity and I'm confident that money isn't just being frittered away.

My jewellery items don't seem to sell online, so I'm going to have to start donating them to the hospital thrift shop. I like making things, so the hobby is fun for me. But, if they don't sell online, then I might as well donate them. They won't bring much money, but every little bit helps.

It's hard for me to know what to list for the YDC. As the lone Canadian, there is the issue of postal costs. Exchange rates enter into it. And so on. I want to list items that buyers can use or gift.

Also, I do wish that there was a way to attract new buyers and sellers to eBid through the YDC. I've tried promoting on social media. Many other forum regulars are promoting as well. If anyone has any suggestions ....

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

maybe put some of your jewellery in ydc. that way the postage shouldnt be too expensive if you just put them in a padded envelope
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Thread Information