eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Quick Answer needed about Paypal

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Quick Answer needed about Paypal

Hi, Earlier this month PP tried to debit my current account for approximately £27, this was allegedly a "pre-authorised" agreement between me and 1&1. I did make a payment to them a year ago through PP, but never at any time did enter into a recurring agreement. I disputed this with PP and got the answer which was basically we have asked 1&1 and they say they are owed the money, so you have to pay it. I have received a demand to clear the debt with PP by the end of today.

I have launched an complaint against this, stating that I did not agree to it. And adding that if I did why have they not shown me proof, as surely any other organisation would. My question is do I still have to pay the money of is it put on hold while they look at the complaint?

Very unhappy about being expected to pay a bill I did not agree to by a .company that has set it's self up as judge, jury and executioner.

What is likely to happen if I do not pay by tonight?
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Quick Answer needed about Paypal

i dont know who 1&1 are, i take it it was a one off payment paid through PP AS AGREED WITH 1&1

SO what was the alleged 1 off payment for?

what does any contract or bill state?

has any one in writing accused you of not honouring a agreement?

have PP asked to see this bill/contract?

"What is likely to happen if I do not pay by tonight?" i have not heard PP do standing orders which by the sounds of this this is what it is, it depends who has the agreement with PP if PP are some how obliged to honour a agreement on your behalf then they will follow through to reclaim any monies you owe them, but the crux here is you have not entered into a recurring agreement, you need to provide in fact all parties need to provide proof. that is what i would pursue
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

All-About lofty100e
    Forum Posts

Hi Sid, 1&1 are a company who deal in website domain registrations web-site hosting. As far as I was concerned it was a one-off payment to them for a domain registration. However they seem to think that I agreed to a re-charging agreement. I will more than likely end up paying this, but what grieves me is the way this has happened. Why would I agree to a recurring arrangement with a company that I no nothing of, and charge it to my current account which I know wil be very nearly empty at certain times of the month (as it was towards the end of last month).

I have found out since signing up with 1&1 that they are a little dodgy. When you sign up there is no option to not have your details shared with other organisations. (I thought that was a legal requirement). Within hours of signing up I was deluged with emails and phone calls from people offering me website related services. As a result I went back and amended my phone number to an old dead one. That at least cut the annoyance of the phone calls but I still get the emails, although most of them are tagged automatically as spam.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    Hi Sid, 1&1 are a company who deal in website domain registrations web-site hosting. As far as I was concerned it was a one-off payment to them for a domain registration. However they seem to think that I agreed to a re-charging agreement. I will more than likely end up paying this, but what grieves me is the way this has happened. Why would I agree to a recurring arrangement with a company that I no nothing of, and charge it to my current account which I know wil be very nearly empty at certain times of the month (as it was towards the end of last month).

I have found out since signing up with 1&1 that they are a little dodgy. When you sign up there is no option to not have your details shared with other organisations. (I thought that was a legal requirement). Within hours of signing up I was deluged with emails and phone calls from people offering me website related services. As a result I went back and amended my phone number to an old dead one. That at least cut the annoyance of the phone calls but I still get the emails, although most of them are tagged automatically as spam.
    take any paper work emails ect to CA Get them to check it out, for a recurring payment there must be a agreement . and or a way to cancel a agreement subject to the terms of the agreement you can not be locked into some thing for ever.

All-About lofty100e
    Forum Posts

The recurring payment setting has actually been cancelled by Pay Pal as a "courtesy" to me. I shall have to look out my email from 1&1. As for visiting Consumer advice that is not really possible as it needs at least 1 or maybe more days of work which is not possible at the moment. I may have to just bite the bullet and put up with this, wait out the year and then get 1&1 out of my life.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    The recurring payment setting has actually been cancelled by Pay Pal as a "courtesy" to me. I shall have to look out my email from 1&1. As for visiting Consumer advice that is not really possible as it needs at least 1 or maybe more days of work which is not possible at the moment. I may have to just bite the bullet and put up with this, wait out the year and then get 1&1 out of my life.
    well thats good news, is it a monthly or yearly payment? thing is now if 1&1 do have a legal right to a payment they may chase you , even if they dont they may still hassle you, thats the best you can do now and get the paper trail together so you can argue with them,

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lofty, I bear bad news, 1 & 1 terms and conditions, page 1, section 3 tells you that your subscription will renew automatically unless you cancel.

https://www.1and1.co.uk/terms-gtc/fi...eneral_TCs.pdf
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you don't pay paypal suspend your account until you do pay. Has happened to me also with a domain registry company.
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't know about PP but I had this happen after ordering something online with a credit card. I finally got the money back but there apparently was a box to opt out of future advertising and since I didn't click that they were charging $14.95 monthly to try to sell me something else!

Thread Information