Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: If these improvement were made would you increase your international selling?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would sell to more Countries than I do at the moment.

5 83.33%
  • No, I would not take advantage of this.

0 0%
  • I am NOT SURE if I would use this option.

0 0%
  • I am not interested in selling internationally

1 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If International Selling Options Were Improved Would You Use Them?

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default If International Selling Options Were Improved Would You Use Them?

I am in the process of re-vamping my listings, part of this process includes making my listings available internationally. My intention was to sell to most of the 60+ Countries that are European. (Only 12 are included on the Europe tab).

However, before I just clicked the Europe option on the postage pick-list I did some research, and it was just as well I did. I queried with eBid support, what would happen if I listed in that manner and someone tried to buy from a Country that I was not happy to deal with, for reasons of fraud or dodgy postal service for instance. Would I be able to cancel the attempt without recriminations, I asked?

The answer was one that I did not really want – that if I selected, one of the region buttons I would open myself up to all-comers. If I chose to decline a sale I would open myself up to bad feedback.

I also cited Russia and Nigeria as two that I would be unwilling to take bids from. The answer came back that I could exclude Russia by not checking their box in the pick-list. Apparently, any approaches from Nigeria and some other (unnamed) Countries are blocked.

I asked if it was possible for the pick-lists could be up-dated to include all the Countries in the world.

This to me would result in a win-win situation in my opinion.
    · We could place listings, with the possibilities of bad feedback for rejecting an unwanted approach removed.
    · Seeing the amount of options may lead to people opening up their listings, to places that they did not even know about. (Depending on where you look on the internet there are around 200 Countries in the world, so there are bound to be some you have not heard of).

· This in turn would lead to increased exposure and hopefully more profits for both us and eBid.

The response I got from the support team was that the suggestion would be passed to the development team for evaluation

So, the question is if this was adopted would you take advantage and extend, or even start to list things for international sales?

To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: If International Selling Options Were Improved Would You Use Them?

None of the options apply to me. I already sell internationally with no problems so far (touch wood)

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

well im for a change, the change would be , have a list of countries ebid allows its sellers to sell too, no continent option, just a list, the ones i tick are the ones im willing to ship too, if im willing to ship to france then the postage option would pop up to allow me to enter the correct postage for france, if i want to ship to baghdad then another option for baghdad would pop up and so on. i cant really see a option for me to vote on.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

All-About lofty100e
    Forum Posts

Tony: The thinking behind my request is that if I chose the Europe button, there are some areas that I would be less keen to deal with, If all the Countries were listed then we would have the option of being able to decline sales to the troublesome few, while still being able to engage with the everyone else on list. The main thing that puts me off from just ticking the group options is that I might get bad feedback if I turned down a sale to somewhere I had no intention of selling to, but was forced to sign up to regardless.

Sid: I hear you, but with the current situation you can only sell to the venues that ebid selects for you if you want to retain control over where you sell to.

I am sure there are folks out there who are discouraged from opening up their listings further by the bad feedback scenario. As it is at the moment someone could be held to ransom in feedback blackmail - Sell to me or I will leave you a neg. Not an ideal situation to be in.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    Tony: The thinking behind my request is that if I chose the Europe button, there are some areas that I would be less keen to deal with, If all the Countries were listed then we would have the option of being able to decline sales to the troublesome few, while still being able to engage with the everyone else on list. The main thing that puts me off from just ticking the group options is that I might get bad feedback if I turned down a sale to somewhere I had no intention of selling to, but was forced to sign up to regardless.

Sid: I hear you, but with the current situation you can only sell to the venues that ebid selects for you if you want to retain control over where you sell to.

I am sure there are folks out there who are discouraged from opening up their listings further by the bad feedback scenario. As it is at the moment someone could be held to ransom in feedback blackmail - Sell to me or I will leave you a neg. Not an ideal situation to be in.

ive still had sales that end up in china because they get a relative in the uk to buy for them,in effect a third party acting as a agent. then i get contacted by the person in china hassling me to list more stuf they particularly want, i would also like the option not to sell to the uk,

All-About lofty100e
    Forum Posts

Sorry Sid I can't really help you with them or think of any way round them . Proxy bids are something that is difficult to stop, whether it is someone buying a present for someone or buying on their behalf. As for not selling to the UK that is something that you will have to take up with the management. You mentioned about no continent list, I have no way of knowing what the development team might come up with, but the logical way to do it for me would be just add the extra names into the current format.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    Sorry Sid I can't really help you with them or think of any way round them . Proxy bids are something that is difficult to stop, whether it is someone buying a present for someone or buying on their behalf. As for not selling to the UK that is something that you will have to take up with the management. You mentioned about no continent list, I have no way of knowing what the development team might come up with, but the logical way to do it for me would be just add the extra names into the current format.

i dropped it in here because it is on topic ,it simply would rather not sell to the uk because of monopolisation , as for third party bids, it expressly forbids them on my about me page, my TCs,

we shall see what they come up with, it certainly needs a look at/ tuning

I've done some research on USPS and don't really see how I can offer items for sale internationally the way eBid has things set up now.

There are 3 options for eBid International shipping: No Thanks, Flat - Same Cost To All and Calculated - Varies By Buyer Location

Name:  My eBid   My Defaults.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  19.6 KB

If I just tick certain countries under Flat cost - shipping a 1 lb package (no dimension over 12") using First Class Package Intl Service, the cost varies depending on the country and I can't sent to Canada at all, as the cost to Canada is determined by the Postal code. If I went with an International Priority Medium Flat Rate box, I could send items weighing more than 1 pound but the rates vary from $67 to $76, depending on the country and the price on that is going to be increasing after the first of the year. I suppose that I could enter a flat cost of the highest priced country but that doesn't seem fair to the countries I can ship to for less. It is not my intent to make money off shipping.

Name:  My eBid   My Defaults 2.jpg
Size:  10.0 KB

"Calculated - Varies By Buyer Location" does not allow me to choose which countries I am willing to ship to and I would be obligated to ship anywhere that eBid allows. It would be nice if they would add the countries that eBid allows under this option, then we could pick the countries we want to ship to and it would be automatically calculated.

So YES! If International Selling Options Were Improved I Would Use Them!

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    None of the options apply to me. I already sell internationally with no problems so far (touch wood)

Same here, the options don't apply to me either. I've been selling all over the world since 2004.

The only place I don't sell to any more is Brazil as they now have strange laws about importing 'used' goods.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shesawaya38485 View Post
    I've done some research on USPS and don't really see how I can offer items for sale internationally the way eBid has things set up now.

There are 3 options for eBid International shipping: No Thanks, Flat - Same Cost To All and Calculated - Varies By Buyer Location

Name:  My eBid   My Defaults.jpg
Size:  19.6 KB

If I just tick certain countries under Flat cost - shipping a 1 lb package (no dimension over 12") using First Class Package Intl Service, the cost varies depending on the country and I can't sent to Canada at all, as the cost to Canada is determined by the Postal code. If I went with an International Priority Medium Flat Rate box, I could send items weighing more than 1 pound but the rates vary from $67 to $76, depending on the country and the price on that is going to be increasing after the first of the year. I suppose that I could enter a flat cost of the highest priced country but that doesn't seem fair to the countries I can ship to for less. It is not my intent to make money off shipping.

Name:  My eBid   My Defaults 2.jpg
Size:  10.0 KB

"Calculated - Varies By Buyer Location" does not allow me to choose which countries I am willing to ship to and I would be obligated to ship anywhere that eBid allows. It would be nice if they would add the countries that eBid allows under this option, then we could pick the countries we want to ship to and it would be automatically calculated.

So YES! If International Selling Options Were Improved I Would Use Them!
    Yes, setting flat rate shipping to Canada isn't possible with eBid's current system.

Thread Information