Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: If these improvement were made would you increase your international selling?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would sell to more Countries than I do at the moment.

5 83.33%
  • No, I would not take advantage of this.

0 0%
  • I am NOT SURE if I would use this option.

0 0%
  • I am not interested in selling internationally

1 16.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If International Selling Options Were Improved Would You Use Them?

Default Re: If International Selling Options Were Improved Would You Use Them?

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    Yes, setting flat rate shipping to Canada isn't possible with eBid's current system.
    Why not? Just click only Canada, add your flat rate ... hit the + and add another rate for another country or group of countries.

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    Why not? Just click only Canada, add your flat rate ... hit the + and add another rate for another country or group of countries.
    You are correct about Canada. I did some further research - looking up postal codes for all regions in Canada and using a 1 lb International Package as a test on the USPS calculator, I did find that you can ship to all areas of Canada for $15.50 from my zip.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by selkab View Post
    I already use them. Most of my sales are international.
    Good to hear, do you use the click boxes for different Countries, or just click the region option?

If you click the Countries tabs then you are limited to the Countries that eBid has set up specific sites for, which limits you considerably. Whereas just selecting the regions means you have to be prepared to take sales from any Countries in that region, regardless of potential fraud or bad postage services. If you decline a sale then you open yourself up to feedback blackmail (sell to me or you get bad feedback). Personally I am not happy in doing this, and if we had the option of opting out of any Countries without the risk of bad feed back then I would be happier. As I said earlier I would like to sell to most of Europe, but there are some Countries I would prefer to miss which are not on the current picklists. This means that I am limited to 12 options rather than at least double that.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I wasn't aware that you could do that.

There are nations to which I will not ship within the current broad areas. Sending a package to many is like dropping them into a black hole - their postal services are sporadic at best, and packages in particular tend to get "lost". Others have bizarre customs requirements: I once received a package back from FedEx twice (at my expense) being rejected by customs for things such as them insisting the signature not be written in anything but blue ink or they wanted another copy of the actual invoice taped to the outside of the packages (guess they didn't trust the affidavit on the customs form itself - as if a scammer could not just as easily altered an invoice). Although the item eventually got to the customer, these situations end up being significant losses. Outside of the major cities in not a few developing countries, even registered mail tends to never arrive, and in developed nations, some do not track most postal packages (France, for instance, no longer tracks USPS Priority packages). Though at this point, I can work within the current system, an exclusion list of nations to which a seller declines to ship would allow me to ship to more countries and be a nice improvement.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Rocks2Dust: Thanks for your input, would it be possible to name names as regarding the Countries that you have had problems with please? It may prevent other folks having similar problems. Thanks.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Thread Information