Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: British Gas

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default British Gas

I have been with British Gas foe about 9 years, and due to the recent price hikes and the removal of the dual fuel discount, I decided to look around for a new supplier to switch to.

I settled on a new company called Peoples Energy company who could supply my gas and electricity for just shy of £58 a month compared to the british gas price of £85 a month.

Today I had a phone call from british gas to ask why I was leaving and I told them that they were too expensive and that my new supplier was far cheaper, tey aske how much, so I told them. They then came back with a figure of £49 a month, how can they justify charging almost twice as much in the past if they can offer a much lower price now.

Bearing this in mind they are supposed to tell you if they have a cheaper tariff.
    Last edited by sherlock07; 23rd October 2017 at 09:45 PM. Reason: found error in figures I quoted for british gas

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Default Re: British Gas

Being so rural, I don't have "choices" for my utilities - there is only one electric company that serves the area and I'm all electric here. But, in more populated areas, they do offer choices of providers and competition is stiff but they won't tell you upfront that you can negotiate - you have to ask. I do "threaten" to switch internet and television providers every year and usually get a discount applied so that I will stay with them - especially when I point out that "new" customers get better deals than "long time loyal" customers.

Thread Information