Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping To Countries That Are Not Listed On The Pick List

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Shipping To Countries That Are Not Listed On The Pick List

Hi, I am intending to open up my listings internationally. I am wondering how to go about opening up the listings to the following Countries which are not listed in the pick list.

• Bulgaria
    • Czech Republic
    • Hungary
    • Iceland
    • Leichtenstein
    • Poland
    • Slovakia
    • The Falkland Islands

Can anyone advise me please?
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Shipping To Countries That Are Not Listed On The Pick List

Use Europe & South America ?

And then delete the countries you don't want to post to.

I ship to Japan, so I click on Asia then delete India, etc. to enable my listings to be shown in Japan.

Forum Saint
    All-About Anniemcc2
    Forum Posts

Name:  Postal_zones.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  25.1 KB

All-About lofty100e
    Forum Posts

Thanks For that Annie, I didn't realise that there was a further pick list behind the options. That makes things easier. I am guessing that the football programmes will probably be my most saleable items, and so am targeting places where they are likely to sell. I guess that I should include Malaysia as well, although not sure - is that a good place for postage?

All-About lofty100e
    Forum Posts

Hi, I have just tried to do as Annie suggested, but clicking the Europe button just gives me the same default listOr does clicking the continent button open the listings up to all territories in lthe selected continent. Does anyone know is there a way of blocking bids from specific Countries (thinking Russia and Nigeria) due to the high level of problems experienced with those places?

Forum Saint
    All-About Anniemcc2
    Forum Posts

I don't think there is a way of blocking certain countries.

Clicking on Europe covers all of Europe - including Russia - as shown in the Royal Mail map above.

Clicking on South America would allow dispatch to the Falkland Islands, but unclick Brazil as they are not very accomodating about importing packages. [previous thread some time ago] But that also leaves you open to purchases from rest of South America!

Of course all the countries listed are where eBid has separate sites.

This needs a Website Suggestion but not sure what to suggest.

All-About lofty100e
    Forum Posts

I agree Annie, it does need some kind of tweak. I guess one way would be being able to put a block on ISP addresses originating from a certain place. Of course if eBid reverted to the situation where only members were allowed to purchase then it would be easier to administer.

The only thing I can think is to put a message that purchasers from wherever are not welcome, and if someone did try anyway to cancel the sale. But then would that create problems with my status feedback wise. Also many people do not read the listings any way, many years ago on the other website someone messaged me to find out if I took PP despite my listing clearly saying that I did not.

I am wondering if one of our more knowledgeable members can suggest anything?
    Last edited by lofty100e; 21st October 2017 at 05:25 PM.

Forum Saint
    All-About Anniemcc2
    Forum Posts

I've just been looking at TurboLister on my old PC and this is what I find in the Postage section:

Exclude countries you don't ship to/Postage Options tab/ Exclude Locations / brings up a drop down menu by continent with a full list of countries therein for you to chooses which location not to dispatch to.

Name:  Exclude_postage_destinations.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  26.3 KB

This would make life so much easier here once you set up a default list of exclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    This would make life so much easier here once you set up a default list of exclusions.
    Hopefully, ebid could avoid the tangle that "Business Policies" introduced, however.

I have 3 categories of destinations: 1. Places I'll ship; 2. Problematical places that customers need to contact me before I'll agree to sell and ship to them; 3. Places to which I won't ship.

1 Destinations: these are places with reliable customs and postal services. Most will return tracking and delivery information:
    Australia and territories, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Rep., Croatia, Denmark and territories, Estonia, Finland, France and territories, Germany, Israel, Jamaica, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, U.S. and territories, U.K. and territories

2 Destinations: These include all nations not specifically blocked. Some have locations where mail service is reliable, but others where things tend to get lost. Others have restrictive or unreliable customs when it comes to anything beyond a simple letter. Yet others have frequent interruptions due to constant labor disputes, conflicts, etc.

3 Destinations: These are places to which I will not ship, due to utterly unreliable delivery, export and/or import restrictions, or bad (and expensive) past experiences: Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Central African Rep., DR Congo, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mali, Niger, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Lebanon, Lybia, Nigeria, North Korea, Somolia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zimbabwe

Buyers in 2 and 3 Destinations already know the problems with deliveries to them. Some have already set up accounts with shipping aggregators/drop shippers in the U.S. or Europe to which I can ship (assuming that there are no export/import restrictions). Once tracking shows delivery of the package is in the hands of the aggregator, my part of the bargain is done. In some instances, the person lives in an area with reliable postal delivery and in others I would only ship using registered mail or FedEx, assuming the buyer is willing to pay the higher cost. FedEx, DHL and add-on postal insurers have lists of places they won't cover, and it is unwise to make efforts to send to those.

Thanks for your input, Rocks! I've copy/pasted your lists for future reference!! YOU ROCK!!

Thread Information