eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: No eBid payment email.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default No eBid payment email.

I have received a notification of a payment from Paypal at 22.55 yesterday. I have not received a notification from eBid, neither has the payment been marked in the ASL.
    Anyone else had a similar problem?

View Bapstag's Feedback (+7)
    All-About Bapstag
    View Bapstag's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: No eBid payment email.

Yes,I have just had the same thing, item sold 14/10/17, and only found out today by acedent, I was looking through the "listings I ran" page, and found one that had been sold that I had no knowledge of. No notification from either eBid or PayPal. NOT GOOD!

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bapstag View Post
    Yes,I have just had the same thing, item sold 14/10/17, and only found out today by acedent, I was looking through the "listings I ran" page, and found one that had been sold that I had no knowledge of. No notification from either eBid or PayPal. NOT GOOD!
    I received a Paypal notification but no eBid notification. It appears that my buyer paid via Paypal but did so directly and not through the eBid system. So, in my case, eBid could not have been expected to know about the payment.
    In your case, I suggest that you check your email preferences particularly on eBid to check that you have ticked all the correct boxes. I cannot explain why you had no notification from Paypal.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had similar experience with the last sale that went through, and was paid on Paypal. Except I received notification from eBid, but not from Paypal. I contacted Paypal via telephone, because I was also locked out of my Paypal account. I confirmed the buyers details via telephone call with Paypal, and shipped the buyer's purchase from local post office with tracking.

I found out on a subsequent telephone call to Paypal, that the same day I had called because I was locked out of my Paypal, that a two cent deposit had been placed on my account. Paypal did not even mention this to me, instead they removed the charge, and blocked the account of the person who had put the two cent deposit into my account.

The Paypal rep tried to explain it away until I flat out stopped him, and stated I knew it was a fraudulent transaction. The rep gave me info about the transaction but then transferred me to their fraud department. Then things got cut off, dismissive, etc.

Op you should probably call Paypal directly and check on the status of your account. Also let eBid know what happened.

P.S. I found out about the two cent deposit into my Paypal account, because I asked specifically... "was there any unusual activity or transactions on my account?" I had called back because Paypal emails were not reaching me, although other company's emails were reaching me without a problem. And because of that I was still locked out of my Paypal account. I was unable to change my password, because their emails were not coming to me.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi all,

We've been having a few problems with @btinternet.com addresses over the last 6 weeks which could have caused some eBid emails to not be accepted into the btinternet ecosystem.

These problems have now been rectified with them.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thread Information