My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Non delivery to Canada

Default Non delivery to Canada

Hey all, just wondering if any of you have had an issue with items you've sent to Canada?

I ask, as one of my customers has today informed me that they had not recieved their purchase yet. They have been extremely patient since it was 6 weeks ago that i'd sent it.
    I refunded them of course and asked them to let me know if the package does eventually arrive.

They also informed me that they have had an issue with post not arriving from another UK seller (on the Evilbay).
    This is also not the first time this year that i've had a parcel go missing that was sent to Canada. Luckily I got my compensation from Royal Mail, even though they lost the first cheque in the post they sent to myself.

Hence my question regarding posting to Canada.

Jason

Default Re: Non delivery to Canada

Did you remember to write your return address on the top left hand side of the front of the parcel ? If you didn't this it might have held things up. I think Norway is the other country that requires you to do this too.

Having said that Canadian customs always seem to take ages to process things. I have also had parcels take over six weeks to arrive there. I have never understood why as the Australian post is quite good and I have had things arrive in the USA after only five days.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Did you remember to write your return address on the top left hand side of the front of the parcel ? If you didn't this it might have held things up. I think Norway is the other country that requires you to do this too.

Having said that Canadian customs always seem to take ages to process things. I have also had parcels take over six weeks to arrive there. I have never understood why as the Australian post is quite good and I have had things arrive in the USA after only five days.
    Yep, Return address was written top left with the Recipient address in the centre.
    Did not know Norway also requires this

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi

I posted an item to Canada on 6th September and it has arrived safely not sure how long it took but feedback was left this week. Posted international standard large letter

I did not know about return address having to be on the front but I do always leave it on the back of envelope.

Thread Information