eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Non-paying bidder

Forum Lurker
    View fhlangan's Feedback (+480)
    All-About fhlangan
    View fhlangan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Non-paying bidder

I have done a search of how I am supposed to deal with this but I can find nothing more recent than 2010 on the subject so I am seeking advice here. I sell very very very little now and am consequently a bit 'out' of procedures but was surprised to make a sale about a week ago. I got notice that the bidder had made payment by e-check, immediately, and then, subsequently, that the payment did not go through. I have sent a payment reminder and also a message asking whether they want to try again. From reading old threads, it would seem that I am supposed to send three reminders if there is no response and then mark as a non-paying bidder. Is this the correct procedure, please?

View gazza's Feedback (+1)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Non-paying bidder

Email support at ebid dot net with the details

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+531)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Lurker
    All-About fhlangan
    View fhlangan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks both. Strangely, although I have trusted people in the past and posted ahead of receiving payment (foolish, I know) I had an instinct that this might not go through as normally people make some sort of communication. So I did not post. I think this may have been a ruse to get something for nothing. However, this person has bought several things on ebid before and has good feedback (6 positive). But......as I write, I went to look and I see that he was trying it on this week. 4 negatives and an experience like mine. He is no longer a user. So I will email support, Gazza, thanks or is it enough to just mark as unpaid?

Quote Originally Posted by fhlangan View Post
    ...I think this may have been a ruse to get something for nothing. ... I see that he was trying it on this week. ...
    I do wish that people would keep an open mind. Why attribute to malice something that may simply be due to incompetence?

Don't assume every buyer/seller is as smart as you. I even had a nightmare of a sale some years ago where it turned out the buyer had serious mental problems and matters were only resolved when her fiancée quietly contacted me.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Lurker
    All-About fhlangan
    View fhlangan's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had kept an open mind, Johnwash1. I sent him a second reminder + a note to tell him that the payment hadn't gone through and suggested he might like to try again. No response. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt as he had demonstrated competence by having several positive feedbacks before my sale. It was only the negatives left this week which turned me into a cynic. Yes, he may have mental problems but how are we to know? Are we to assume everyone who ignores payment reminders and does not communicate has a mental problem. I think I am right to be wary, given the PayPal ruses in that link. Maybe I wrongly assumed that having a stroke through his name meant he was banned by ebid.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    I do wish that people would keep an open mind. Why attribute to malice something that may simply be due to incompetence?

Don't assume every buyer/seller is as smart as you. I even had a nightmare of a sale some years ago where it turned out the buyer had serious mental problems and matters were only resolved when her fiancée quietly contacted me.

seems to me you are not understanding the wave of attacks we are having on ebid at the moment which are malicious. a seller who receives a payment as a means of scamming that seller is malicious in this case a e-cheque this is not the first e-cheque sent that has been reported in the last week ,

we have on the forum through debate identified what is happening and importantly how to deal with it, your post does not address the issue or the recent "Hits" other members have suffered, yet you have failed to and not mentioned this at all , incompetence has no real relevance to what the OP has suffered.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

I had kept an open mind, Johnwash1. I sent him a second reminder + a note to tell him that the payment hadn't gone through and suggested he might like to try again. No response. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt as he had demonstrated competence by having several positive feedbacks before my sale. It was only the negatives left this week which turned me into a cynic. Yes, he may have mental problems but how are we to know? Are we to assume everyone who ignores payment reminders and does not communicate has a mental problem. I think I am right to be wary, given the PayPal ruses in that link. Maybe I wrongly assumed that having a stroke through his name meant he was banned by ebid.

you have handled every thing as you should, i was glad you brought your experience to the forum, can i just add keep an eye on your PP account for any strange activity

Fair enough. Now that I understand what you did, I agree.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information