Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems re-listing closed auctions

Default Problems re-listing closed auctions

Gazza - I mentioned this in the "Site changes - first impressions" thread (page 8, post #77) but don't see that you have been back to that thread to comment. I have about 20 listings to edit and relist, with about another 25 ending today, so I'm reporting it here. The only thing I forgot to mention in that post (which includes screenshots of what is happening) is that I'm on Win 7 with Firefox. But I don't see that as being the issue, as the listings were created on this system and up until the site changes, I had no problem re-listing. Help! My numbers are falling and I can't get them up!

Default Re: Problems re-listing closed auctions

Hi Shesa, I have been listing and relisting and have had no problems Just relisted closed items and everything worked fine. I am running Windows 10 on Chrome. Hope this helps Gazza.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have just relisted a batch with no problems. Using Windows10 and Firefox. This might help Gazza.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff01 View Post
    Hi Shesa, I have been listing and relisting and have had no problems Just relisted closed items and everything worked fine. I am running Windows 10 on Chrome. Hope this helps Gazza.
    Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I have just relisted a batch with no problems. Using Windows10 and Firefox. This might help Gazza.
    Do either of you have embedded links in color in your descriptions? I've been editing all old listings, one at a time as they expire, to delete some irrelevant information. The listing will post just fine but links that are highlighted in a different color (as an indicator to click on to go to that part of my store) are showing up black and only turn color if you happen to run your cursor across the word itself. I explained all of that in the other post along with screen shots and didn't want to repeat everything here.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

It would have been helpful if (on the other thread) you had given listing ids for the before and after listings. Then it would be possible to look what was going on at the code level.

I was under the impression that we were all asked to stop having all the colors and embedded links in our listings some time ago. I took all mine out months ago when I first seen the post, I believe in the forum. I try to keep all my listings plain black type, although I have listings with titles in red. As I correct those listings, I change the HTML language to black. If this is not the current plan on eBid, some one can correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    It would have been helpful if (on the other thread) you had given listing ids for the before and after listings. Then it would be possible to look what was going on at the code level.
    Thank you Astral - I did include the listing number of the item when it was live and I noticed the problem and took a screen shot. So, I closed and deleted it from the list so I wouldn't end up with a duplicate. I then went back through the process and took screen shots as it changed but did not relist it. I did add a listing number to the one that was due to expire and when it auto-reposted it did not change. Updated that information. Also added the original listing number of the item that is still on my closed list.

The change only seems to happen when you edit a closed listing and then repost. Auto-reposts don't change.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff01 View Post
    I was under the impression that we were all asked to stop having all the colors and embedded links in our listings some time ago. I took all mine out months ago when I first seen the post, I believe in the forum. I try to keep all my listings plain black type, although I have listings with titles in red. As I correct those listings, I change the HTML language to black. If this is not the current plan on eBid, some one can correct me.
    I'm not aware of that. I was taught how to embed links in listings by a long time seller and still see them in listings. I use them in all of my listings and have never been warned about it. The only rule I know about links is they can't be to other ecommerce sites but you can link back to your store, other items (i.e. accessories that go with the item you are listing) and information sites about the item you are selling, as long as they are not ecommerce sites. Perhaps Gazza can clarify the rule when he sees this post.
    Last edited by Shesawaya38485; 1st October 2017 at 07:55 PM.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

I'm also not aware of any dictate on the presentation of links. eBid are on the path of the 'modern' bland interface - and would probably like the seller content to be equally bland to match. While I am not in favour of listings having the feel of a bad drug trip I do like a bit of colour. I also like links to be recognisable as such and not have to play 'Find the Link'. Remember when links were blue and underlined? Now you can't tell them from the rest of the text.
    Last edited by astral276; 1st October 2017 at 09:24 PM.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

This is what I am seeing for https://www.ebid.net/uk/for-sale/tri...-164223239.htm

Name:  she.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  15.9 KB

The links are both in red - which I think is what you want (though your post on the other thread does confuse me a bit).

Is the above what you are seeing - or have I gotten hold of the wrong end of the stick?

Thread Information