Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you eBid

Default Thank you eBid

I have received this communication from eBid.

‘To keep eBid a fresh and dynamic marketplace we run checks every now and then to make sure all the items for sale are still available and the sellers are active. Due to the lengthy inactivity on your eBid account your current listings are at risk of being removed.

Your last login to eBid was on Sun 06 Aug 2017 15:40:12 (BST).’

I am a long standing eBid member and have stuck with eBid despite poor levels of sales.

It is extremely discourteous to receive this kind of e-mail.

There were no sales achieved during the period in question which is why I did not log on to the site.

I am different to a lot of people selling on eBid in that I sell to earn my living and to keep the roof over my head. There is no purpose to log on to eBid if there have been no sales or if there is no other need to. My time is money and no need to waste it. Working for myself means that I have no time to waste on nonsense.

The only response that I can make is to say that due to the lack of sales over the last few weeks I will start delisting items for sale and will relist elsewhere and will sell a lot faster than on this site. I will remove all listings from this site and will stop selling here and will end a long and unsuccessful relationship with this site.

There is no need for eBid to remove my listings as I will remove them myself.

Thank you so much eBid for making me feel like as valued customer.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Thank you eBid

HI,

Quite a long time ago we added the removal of items after a certain period of inactivity due to many many requests from users wishing to keep the site fresher.

We had some complaints about the abrupt removal of items so we added this email as a warning to allow users some to login and check over their items. A simple login would reset the clock.

Now it seems we have complaints about the email we send out to warn?

Let us know how we could handle this situation a little better and we will take a look into it for you.

We are unable to treat customers differently based on their length of trading on eBid I'm afraid.

Thanks,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

I think this is a vital system where free listing is concerned please don't get rid of it Gazza.

I remember well how the site used to be cluttered up with dump and run listings and how frustrating it used to be to buy something and then have no response as the seller had vanished ! It was giving eBid a naff reputation all those years ago.

Westlondon did you ever consider that it might be because you were not signing in that you were not selling ? I always look to see when a seller was last active before I buy, if they haven't signed in in the last couple of weeks then I usually decide not to hit the buy button.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post

We are unable to treat customers differently based on their length of trading on eBid I'm afraid.

Thanks,
    Gazza
    Quite so, any thing else would be a form of discrimination.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Perhaps a little softer approach might be more productive/acceptable ?

eg replace
    ""Due to the lengthy inactivity on your eBid account your current listings are at risk of being removed.""

with:

Please log in to your eBid account to demonstrate that your items are still available for sale and to avoid removal of them due to inactivity on your account for some time.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5871)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, cheaver's suggestion would be a bit friendlier, though I think West has overreacted rather
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by westlondoncarparts View Post
    I have received this communication from eBid.

‘To keep eBid a fresh and dynamic marketplace we run checks every now and then to make sure all the items for sale are still available and the sellers are active. Due to the lengthy inactivity on your eBid account your current listings are at risk of being removed.

Your last login to eBid was on Sun 06 Aug 2017 15:40:12 (BST).’

I am a long standing eBid member and have stuck with eBid despite poor levels of sales.

It is extremely discourteous to receive this kind of e-mail.

There were no sales achieved during the period in question which is why I did not log on to the site.

I am different to a lot of people selling on eBid in that I sell to earn my living and to keep the roof over my head. There is no purpose to log on to eBid if there have been no sales or if there is no other need to. My time is money and no need to waste it. Working for myself means that I have no time to waste on nonsense.

The only response that I can make is to say that due to the lack of sales over the last few weeks I will start delisting items for sale and will relist elsewhere and will sell a lot faster than on this site. I will remove all listings from this site and will stop selling here and will end a long and unsuccessful relationship with this site.

There is no need for eBid to remove my listings as I will remove them myself.

Thank you so much eBid for making me feel like as valued customer.
    Robert you used to spend a lot of time on the forum, you do know the problems inactive sellers have caused, i agree with Cornish not signing in is the last thing i check before committing to buy. no recent log in , no sale.

i dont believe the email you received is "extremely discourteous" i do agree with you, long standing members deserve recognition, which is exactly what you got a personal reply,

the 6th of August is not that long ago , ebid never said they would remove your listings , they said there was a risk, of removal. fair enough. and you have logged in, so no harm done, i think you would of had a very fair reason to complain if they had removed the listings with no communication, so i think you have slightly overreacted, no one wishes to see you leave , i for one have missed your posts n the forum .
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Robert, I'm so sad to hear you're considering leaving eBid. I always enjoyed your forum posts, so informative and (more to the point in this world of #alternativefacts) factual. If you do decide to go I wish you all the best but why not stay a while longer 'til Christmas at least when, hopefully, sales will pick up.

I understand your frustration. I will also be returning all of my time to another site where I have made sales. I didn't list here for a while then returned this month. I know my items are very specific but they are selling elsewhere where they are not even getting viewed here. I had such high hopes, I think I've only made one sale since I first started selling.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FerretsForever View Post
    I understand your frustration. I will also be returning all of my time to another site where I have made sales. I didn't list here for a while then returned this month. I know my items are very specific but they are selling elsewhere where they are not even getting viewed here. I had such high hopes, I think I've only made one sale since I first started selling.
    There are issues with the craft section categories here on eBid ~

see here

see Support's reply/promise here

I hope you will bear with it for the craft upgrade as you have some really lovely things for sale.

Thread Information