eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any way to get feedback from guest buyers ?

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Any way to get feedback from guest buyers ?

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    In principle a guest buyer is a good concept, if it's implemented well. It helps avoid losing a sale, anything that makes the process simpler for the first time visitor to buy has to be a Good Thing.

However, evidently at present the process needs further thought.

i guess the security issues associated with guest buyers ran past you, no i dont think guest buyers are a good idea for all the reason already given, i sure im not getting repeat buyers because of this system. a guest is a guest it is not a good concept if we wish to gain regular signed up members. ebids answer to convert seems to be sending lots of emails to the guest to get them to sign up, did you miss the example, i cant think of anything more off putting than getting bombarded with emails to verify /sign up or what ever. this is my first public or otherwise disagreement with policy on ebid . and i have stated my reasons, thats what the forum is for to express and discuss why we think some thing is good or bad,

i seem to remember the reason for guests was ease of purchase championed not by would be buyers but sellers already on ebid, fast buck short term profit, id rather miss a fast buck and have a long time buyer, i can not see it being a big deal for a buyer to sign up as a member be verified , being verified gives a seller more confidence and the buyer is less likely to be a scammer.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Well, well, well I've had a reply from my lovely buyer and it seems her problem is exactly the same as my other angry buyer that I mentioned on this thread
    https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...ails-to-buyers

This is what my very helpful buyer has said and I think eBid should really make some big changes to the guest buyer system as it is driving customers away never to return and why we as sellers are not getting the feedback we deserve.

Hi Becky,
    If I could have replied directly to Gazza I would have, but no email address was included - I got all the emails listed he listed, but deleted some of them as there were so many (too many, I think)

I did open the one titled 'Account Activation Required' but didn't activate my account - the whole point of buying as a guest is to minimise the number of sites that store my details, and the number of passwords required! If I buy as a guest, I should be able to give feedback as a guest without any hassle. Please pass this opinion on!
    If Gazza is able to re-send the first email (which I deleted) I will follow the link to feedback, as long as no further personal information is required and there is no lengthy process to follow. Sorry Becky if this isn't helpful to you, but I don't see what else I can do, - I think the fault lies with ebid and they need to simplify their customer communication protocol - Thanks Becky however for your excellent and speedy service - Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    i guess the security issues associated with guest buyers ran past you, no i dont think guest buyers are a good idea for all the reason already given, i sure im not getting repeat buyers because of this system. a guest is a guest it is not a good concept if we wish to gain regular signed up members. ebids answer to convert seems to be sending lots of emails to the guest to get them to sign up, did you miss the example, i cant think of anything more off putting than getting bombarded with emails to verify /sign up or what ever. this is my first public or otherwise disagreement with policy on ebid . and i have stated my reasons, thats what the forum is for to express and discuss why we think some thing is good or bad,

i seem to remember the reason for guests was ease of purchase championed not by would be buyers but sellers already on ebid, fast buck short term profit, id rather miss a fast buck and have a long time buyer, i can not see it being a big deal for a buyer to sign up as a member be verified , being verified gives a seller more confidence and the buyer is less likely to be a scammer.
    I think ebay have some 'guest' option for buyers. Perhaps it's worth comparing the two systems to see whether there's something that can be improved.

"MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!! IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF."

How's that working out for you, Sid?
    Last edited by johnwash1; 7th October 2017 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Typo (ebayer -> ebay)
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    I think ebayer have some 'guest' option for buyers. Perhaps it's worth comparing the two systems to see whether there's something that can be improved.

That is a good idea John anything to stop my customers being bombarded with emails that wrongly state they have to open an account !

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

That is a good idea John anything to stop my customers being bombarded with emails that wrongly state they have to open an account !

A GUEST BUYER on feebay can not

leave FB

can not see full order details

can not bid on auctions

and is restricted to how much they can "buy now"

and are asked at checkout for all the information to set up a account although they dont have too, they will still have to provide emails and bank details when directed to PP

plus you cant use there resolution centre if some thing should go wrong.

DO YOU REALLY THINK A GUEST buyer based on the feebay model is a good one?

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    A GUEST BUYER on feebay can not

leave FB

can not see full order details

can not bid on auctions

and is restricted to how much they can "buy now"

and are asked at checkout for all the information to set up a account although they dont have too, they will still have to provide emails and bank details when directed to PP

plus you cant use there resolution centre if some thing should go wrong.

DO YOU REALLY THINK A GUEST buyer based on the feebay model is a good one?

Please do not SHOUT at me Sid, I don't appreciate it.

I have no idea what Ebay do as I rarely use their site these days. I was agreeing with John that it would be a good idea to compare guest check out systems on other sites to see what they do, be it Ebay or anywhere else. The point is that the system here certainly needs to be changed if my customers are complaining about it.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Please do not SHOUT at me Sid, I don't appreciate it.

I have no idea what Ebay do as I rarely use their site these days. I was agreeing with John that it would be a good idea to compare guest check out systems on other sites to see what they do, be it Ebay or anywhere else. The point is that the system here certainly needs to be changed if my customers are complaining about it.
    i did not mean to shout .

you both were agreeing to a comparison that neither of you bothered to check out A, lets leave the emotion behind shall we, the feebay site guest buyer is terrible, the guest buying whole scenario is terrible, you start giving so called guest buyers privileges like adding and receiving FB the line between guest and member is a fine one , like i said in a previous post. it becomes pointless.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

A new user will receive an email asking them to validate their email address and also a confirmation of sale email.

If they don't validate their email address then a reminder is sent every 12 hours for a few days and then will stop. You are saying it would be better if we didn't send the reminder emails out?

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    A new user will receive an email asking them to validate their email address and also a confirmation of sale email.

If they don't validate their email address then a reminder is sent every 12 hours for a few days and then will stop. You are saying it would be better if we didn't send the reminder emails out?

Thx,
    Gazza
    I had a couple of questions in post #27 about the temporary passwords "guests" are getting. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post

Thx,
    Gazza

The reason people are not validating their email address seems to be the wording on the original email. From what my buyers have been saying they think the email implies that they have to open an eBid account. Hence they don't do it and then get annoyed when they are bombarded with even more emails telling them to 'activate an account' .

Why does the original email say (according to my buyer) 'Account activation required' ? Why does it not say 'Please validate your email for your guest purchase' or something along those lines ?

Thread Information