eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any way to get feedback from guest buyers ?

Default Re: Any way to get feedback from guest buyers ?

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Will be investigating today.

Thx

Brill, thanks Gazza. Will you let us know what you find please.

If there is some kind of problem and it can be fixed it might mean more feedback for all of us and maybe even some more sales if people know they can use the guest process again with the same email !

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Cornish,

Heres's a list of the user in question's emails. Times are GMT (BST -1)

Sep 21 17:34:19 Subject: eBid - Account Activation Required
    Sep 21 17:34:19 Subject: eBid - Successful Purchase via BuyNow
    Sep 21 17:37:24 Subject: eBid - ASL - Payment Sent (PayPal)
    Sep 21 17:42:47 Subject: eBid - Invoice from cornishmaid1961
    Sep 22 12:24:23 Subject: eBid - ASL - Shipping Details Entered

The key email here is the first -> "eBid - Account Activation Required"

This contains a temporary password and a link to verify their email address to allow them to manage their sale and to keep up to date with the buying process and also to leave any feedback.

The emails here were all sent from our mail server and accepted into the ecosystem of the mail provider of the buyer.

Is it possible they used an incorrect email address? Or perhaps they have a strong spam filter set up?

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Hi Cornish,

Heres's a list of the user in question's emails. Times are GMT (BST -1)

Sep 21 17:34:19 Subject: eBid - Account Activation Required
    Sep 21 17:34:19 Subject: eBid - Successful Purchase via BuyNow
    Sep 21 17:37:24 Subject: eBid - ASL - Payment Sent (PayPal)
    Sep 21 17:42:47 Subject: eBid - Invoice from cornishmaid1961
    Sep 22 12:24:23 Subject: eBid - ASL - Shipping Details Entered

The key email here is the first -> "eBid - Account Activation Required"

This contains a temporary password and a link to verify their email address to allow them to manage their sale and to keep up to date with the buying process and also to leave any feedback.

The emails here were all sent from our mail server and accepted into the ecosystem of the mail provider of the buyer.

Is it possible they used an incorrect email address? Or perhaps they have a strong spam filter set up?

Thx,
    Gazza

Their email address that I have been chatting to her with is the same as the one on eBid. She said she had checked all her eBid emails so she obviously got some of them. I'll send her your reply and see if she can check again if she hasn't deleted them.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Interesting as I think this explains why one of my American buyers last year had such difficulty in trying to leave me Feedback - and couldn't - and why a lot of my one-off buyers have not left feedback.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

Their email address that I have been chatting to her with is the same as the one on eBid. She said she had checked all her eBid emails so she obviously got some of them. I'll send her your reply and see if she can check again if she hasn't deleted them.
    UPDATE

On top of the original emails I listed above the buyer was also sent a reminder email asking them to validate their email at the following times

2017-09-21 18:08:18
    2017-09-22 00:00:47
    2017-09-22 12:00:32
    2017-09-23 00:00:29
    2017-09-23 12:00:18
    2017-09-24 00:00:15

Reminder emails are sent via a third party mail server as a precaution in case there were problems delivering the original emails from our main mail server.
    Last edited by gazza; 5th October 2017 at 01:13 PM.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

UPDATE

On top of the original emails I listed above the buyer was also sent a reminder email asking them to validate their email at the following times

2017-09-21 18:08:18
    2017-09-22 00:00:47
    2017-09-22 12:00:32
    2017-09-23 00:00:29
    2017-09-23 12:00:18
    2017-09-24 00:00:15

Reminder emails are sent via a third party mail server as a precaution in case there were problems delivering the original emails from our main mail server.

Crikey, that's a lot of emails but not a lot of good if she didn't get that first account activation email or it wasn't clear in some way.

I've dropped her a line asking her if she can have a look in her spam folder but don't know if I will get a reply as her partner is having chemo at the moment so she has other things to worry about.

By the way those follow up emails might have been what my other customer was angry about when she said she was being bombarded with emails to open an account if you remember...
    https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...ers&highlight=
    Maybe they could be worded better to say to validate your email for your current transaction instead of mentioning an account ?

To understand better what buyers are experiencing:

1. Is there a time limit on the temporary password?

2. In the email giving the temporary password, is there anything (in writing) that lets the buyer know to keep track of the temporary password so they can log back into the site to access the ASL if they have a question after the sale or want to leave feedback? If I were a new buyer, not familiar with the site, I might think that "temporary" means "one time use" just to make the purchase or "limited time use".

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

Crikey, that's a lot of emails but not a lot of good if she didn't get that first account activation email or it wasn't clear in some way.

I've dropped her a line asking her if she can have a look in her spam folder but don't know if I will get a reply as her partner is having chemo at the moment so she has other things to worry about.

By the way those follow up emails might have been what my other customer was angry about when she said she was being bombarded with emails to open an account if you remember...
    https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...ers&highlight=
    Maybe they could be worded better to say to validate your email for your current transaction instead of mentioning an account ?

i think this whole thing is a mess, your buyer has had enough emails. this has all arisen because of guest buyers, your buyer would of validated there email in the first place if they were signing up for a account= to buy, which is normal standard practice. i hope this guest buyer thing is dropped.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

As I said before Sid I don't object to the guest buyer thing, I've bought as a guest buyer myself on other sites, but I agree with you that the system that's in place now seems to be a mess and hard for people to understand judging from my buyers reactions and from what Anniemcc2 has also said above.

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    i think this whole thing is a mess, your buyer has had enough emails. this has all arisen because of guest buyers, your buyer would of validated there email in the first place if they were signing up for a account= to buy, which is normal standard practice. i hope this guest buyer thing is dropped.
    In principle a guest buyer is a good concept, if it's implemented well. It helps avoid losing a sale, anything that makes the process simpler for the first time visitor to buy has to be a Good Thing.

However, evidently at present the process needs further thought.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information