eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any way to get feedback from guest buyers ?

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Any way to get feedback from guest buyers ?

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I presume from what Gazza said that they would be sent a temporary password or link where they can get back in for that transaction as a guest but it seems to either be missing or not working ?
    i too think thats what he meant, the fine line here is if you have a password you have a account, other wise were the distinction between a guest and a member,

" when I try to log on again it won't let me, but suggests I should enter a different email.... Sorry but I can't find anywhere to leave feedback. "

the above from your guest buyer is the most worrying if they cant get back in, which is clearly what your buyer is saying , never mind FB they will give up at this stage and not make a further purchase.

my first stint on selling on ebid was without guest buyers, i would get a test buy from a new SIGNED UP MEMBER , then they would come back and buy every thing they needed , this is not the case any more,

being asked for a different email , is what your buyer states, that would just put off a returning buyer, i would not go to the trouble of setting up another email account.
    Last edited by sidthelamp; 28th September 2017 at 10:56 AM.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    i too think thats what he meant, the fine line here is if you have a password you have a account, other wise were the distinction between a guest and a member,

" when I try to log on again it won't let me, but suggests I should enter a different email.... Sorry but I can't find anywhere to leave feedback. "

the above from your guest buyer is the most worrying if they cant get back in, which is clearly what your buyer is saying , never mind FB they will give up at this stage and not make a further purchase.

my first stint on selling on ebid was without guest buyers, i would get a test buy from a new SIGNED UP MEMBER , then they would come back and buy every thing they needed , this is not the case any more,

being asked for a different email , is what your buyer states, that would just put off a returning buyer, i would not go to the trouble of setting up another email account.
    Yes I was worried when she said that too.

Gazza surely if you make a purchase as a guest you don't need a different email each time ?!!! That is crazy nobody would bother to come back !

Verrry interesting.....

I order a lot of things online - being in such a rural area, shipping is often cheaper than gas to drive to a larger town for items I can't get locally. The majority of the sites I order from do NOT have guest check in and in light of the problems it seems to be creating - not even including the possibility that the fake accounts thwarted by eBid are possibly done by "guests" - I think I'm with Sid on this one. Do away with guest check-in. If someone wants your item, they WILL enter all their information to be able to buy it.

It seems to be a much simpler solution than fixing all the things that are wrong and maybe we would be getting more feedback and return customers.

If I was a "guest", wanted to leave feedback and couldn't get back to the site to do so, then got "request for feedback" e-mail reminders when I have already tried to leave it, I don't think I'd want to come back to browse or buy again.

Guest check in is quick and easy, but sometimes "easy" is not always best.

Something is wrong somewhere Gazza I've just had this conversation with my buyer and had this reply.

I know you have a lot on your plate at the moment but I was concerned that you couldn't get back into eBid to leave feedback so I asked about it on the forums. This was the reply I got from management.

If someone has purchased from you then they will already have a login, even guest buyers. It is sent to them within the emails they receive when purchasing.

Would you be kind enough to have a look at the email again and tell me if you think it needs to be reworded and made clearer ? As a seller I'm quite concerned that guest buyers might think they can't get back into the site to monitor their purchase.

Kind regards
    Becky (cornishmaid1961)

Well Becky, I've just spent 10 minutes searching the emails I received from ebid, and nowhere does it give me a login, and as far as I know I only entered my email address to buy as a guest - when I try to log on again it won't let me, but suggests I should enter a different email.... Sorry but I can't find anywhere to leave feedback.

When you buy from Amazon you get an email with a link for feedback and nothing else, whereas the ebid links just take me to their site and I can't get further. This is something they should know, and be able to sort out! Any time in future, if you can send me such a link, I'll give you your well-earned 5 stars! I know its a vital part of successful selling online - Good luck xx

Gazza please could you confirm that you have read these latest comments from my customer as I think this is important if guest buyers are having difficulty with accessing the site again.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

heres another user , i dont know if there a guest or not getmoney1969 just guested or signed up , "get money "is that code im after your money, look at the address they give , it does not exist , now are people unaware of giving a totally fictitious address i doubt any one could stretch there address as a mistake , are they getting away with this because there a guest, no checks ? no verification? the above user has gone on my black ball list, i simply will not take a risk with dealing with the combination above.

this is the address
    Fuhhbyyg, Essex,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Gazza please could you confirm that you have read these latest comments from my customer as I think this is important if guest buyers are having difficulty with accessing the site again.
    Send an email to Gazza to ask him to return to this thread and respond?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Many buyers do not feel inclined to leave feedback
    Making them jump through hoops to return or to leave feedback, seems to be setting up road blocks for buyers.

If I were a buyer and someone tried to get me to leave another email address for them, I would have no more desire to buy from them or the site they are on.

This would seem that accumulating email addresses was more important than having successful sellers and happy buyers. Something is not adding up.

All of this recent mess with Paypal, and unauthorized account deposits also seems to be related to unauthorized access or use of eBid users email accounts.

I also did not like the old system of demanding so much personal information from buyers, felt it was off putting and hurt sales. Seemed like data mining, and asking for additional email addresses is also data mining. Both hurt sales and turn buyers off. There has to be a way to reach a balanced approach, that promotes security without hampering sales. But if I had to choose between the two, I would go with security over sales.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well Becky, I've just spent 10 minutes searching the emails I received from ebid, and nowhere does it give me a login, and as far as I know I only entered my email address to buy as a guest - when I try to log on again it won't let me, but suggests I should enter a different email.... Sorry but I can't find anywhere to leave feedback.

When you buy from Amazon you get an email with a link for feedback and nothing else, whereas the ebid links just take me to their site and I can't get further. This is something they should know, and be able to sort out! Any time in future, if you can send me such a link, I'll give you your well-earned 5 stars! I know its a vital part of successful selling online - Good luck xx
    HI Cornish,

Do you have their username so that I can check back on the emails they received.

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    HI Cornish,

Do you have their username so that I can check back on the emails they received.

Thx,
    Gazza
    Yes it's - sfox.langdale

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes it's - sfox.langdale
    Will be investigating today.

Thx
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thread Information