eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any way to get feedback from guest buyers ?

Default Any way to get feedback from guest buyers ?

Is it at all possible to let guest buyers leave feedback without having to sign up to the site ? How does the other side get around this problem ?
    I keep getting nice emails from my customers saying they have got their item safely and that they are very pleased but they can't leave feedback. This is just one such email I received today :-

Dear Rebecca, thanks so much for the prompt delivery of the Leonardo collection dragonfly mug, I was so delighted to find it - My partner loved this mug which I bought for him years ago, (both of us are great dragonfly fans) then he recently dropped it - I despaired of finding a replacement after several attempts.
    Next week he is starting chemo, so I looked again for the mug to cheer him up, and found your sale site right away - He was really happy, small things mean a lot sometimes!
    I couldn't find the place to give official feedback without signing up to ebid (I don't want to enter all my contact details), but I give you 5 stars! Thanks a mill, ...

Not being able to get the feedback not only means no buddy points but it makes it look as if sellers are not selling much here, which in turn doesn't do the site any favours with encouraging new sellers to join.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Any way to get feedback from guest buyers ?

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Is it at all possible to let guest buyers leave feedback without having to sign up to the site ? How does the other side get around this problem ?
    I keep getting nice emails from my customers saying they have got their item safely and that they are very pleased but they can't leave feedback. This is just one such email I received today :-

Dear Rebecca, thanks so much for the prompt delivery of the Leonardo collection dragonfly mug, I was so delighted to find it - My partner loved this mug which I bought for him years ago, (both of us are great dragonfly fans) then he recently dropped it - I despaired of finding a replacement after several attempts.
    Next week he is starting chemo, so I looked again for the mug to cheer him up, and found your sale site right away - He was really happy, small things mean a lot sometimes!
    I couldn't find the place to give official feedback without signing up to ebid (I don't want to enter all my contact details), but I give you 5 stars! Thanks a mill, ...

Not being able to get the feedback not only means no buddy points but it makes it look as if sellers are not selling much here, which in turn doesn't do the site any favours with encouraging new sellers to join.

that explains why my FB is way down compared with the sales i get, im for getting rid of guests only signed up members please,

theres a parallel there , with what my buyers say too, people will search if they really want to find some thing, some thing for the "i cant get a sale " brigade to think about
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

I don't mind guest buyers if it means more sales Sid but they ought to be able to finish the transaction by being able to leave feedback.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

I don't mind guest buyers if it means more sales Sid but they ought to be able to finish the transaction by being able to leave feedback.
    i respect your thoughts, i also think till proven otherwise there may be a link with guest buyers and the recent attacks, obviously not with the example you gave,

i also think with the example you gave they would have probably signed up anyway as it was a item they were highly delighted to find ,had gone to the trouble of doing a search, and a antidote is once signed up there more than likely to come back after a great experience with your good self

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Is it at all possible to let guest buyers leave feedback without having to sign up to the site ?
    If someone has purchased from you then they will already have a login, even guest buyers. It is sent to them within the emails they receive when purchasing.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    If someone has purchased from you then they will already have a login, even guest buyers. It is sent to them within the emails they receive when purchasing.

If that's the case Gazza then maybe it needs to be spelt out more clearly on the email that they can log back in with it to leave feedback. This isn't the first time that customers have mentioned this to me in an email.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ah, that explains it - have had loads of new single purchase buyers over last few months who then disappear in the ether.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Something is wrong somewhere Gazza I've just had this conversation with my buyer and had this reply.

I know you have a lot on your plate at the moment but I was concerned that you couldn't get back into eBid to leave feedback so I asked about it on the forums. This was the reply I got from management.

Would you be kind enough to have a look at the email again and tell me if you think it needs to be reworded and made clearer ? As a seller I'm quite concerned that guest buyers might think they can't get back into the site to monitor their purchase.

Kind regards
    Becky (cornishmaid1961)

Well Becky, I've just spent 10 minutes searching the emails I received from ebid, and nowhere does it give me a login, and as far as I know I only entered my email address to buy as a guest - when I try to log on again it won't let me, but suggests I should enter a different email.... Sorry but I can't find anywhere to leave feedback.

When you buy from Amazon you get an email with a link for feedback and nothing else, whereas the ebid links just take me to their site and I can't get further. This is something they should know, and be able to sort out! Any time in future, if you can send me such a link, I'll give you your well-earned 5 stars! I know its a vital part of successful selling online - Good luck xx

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Something is wrong somewhere Gazza I've just had this conversation with my buyer and had this reply.

I know you have a lot on your plate at the moment but I was concerned that you couldn't get back into eBid to leave feedback so I asked about it on the forums. This was the reply I got from management.

Would you be kind enough to have a look at the email again and tell me if you think it needs to be reworded and made clearer ? As a seller I'm quite concerned that guest buyers might think they can't get back into the site to monitor their purchase.

Kind regards
    Becky (cornishmaid1961)

Well Becky, I've just spent 10 minutes searching the emails I received from ebid, and nowhere does it give me a login, and as far as I know I only entered my email address to buy as a guest - when I try to log on again it won't let me, but suggests I should enter a different email.... Sorry but I can't find anywhere to leave feedback.

When you buy from Amazon you get an email with a link for feedback and nothing else, whereas the ebid links just take me to their site and I can't get further. This is something they should know, and be able to sort out! Any time in future, if you can send me such a link, I'll give you your well-earned 5 stars! I know its a vital part of successful selling online - Good luck xx

theres a fine line here, would a guest using a email to buy,would not have a password to log in, as a guest buyer surely they don't have a account so no log in, = no FB

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    theres a fine line here, would a guest using a email to buy,would not have a password to log in, as a guest buyer surely they don't have a account so no log in, = no FB
    I presume from what Gazza said that they would be sent a temporary password or link where they can get back in for that transaction as a guest but it seems to either be missing or not working ?

Thread Information