Thread: Site changes - first impressions

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Site changes - first impressions

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Haven't had time yet, but will be added soon.

Gazza
    Thanks, Gazza

There is no longer a link to the Forums on any page. I tried every page I could think of, including the eBid Home page. I had to Google it to get the link, then set up a bookmark. Is this an oversight, something happening only in FireFox/Windows 10, or intended to keep trolls out?

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    There is no longer a link to the Forums on any page. I tried every page I could think of, including the eBid Home page. I had to Google it to get the link, then set up a bookmark. Is this an oversight, something happening only in FireFox/Windows 10, or intended to keep trolls out?
    ​I've got a forum link on the top right hand corner of each page. Using Chrome / windows7 / on PC.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    Windows 10 and Firefox on PC
    Tried with Firefox under Win 7 SP1 64bit.

At some viewport widths when the 'eBid vs eBay' text is showing to the right of the search box its containing <div> is masking the GO button stopping it being selected. Expanding the viewport, or reducing it until the 'eBid vs eBay' text disappears, clears the GO button for access. You can tell if it is clear if the cursor changes to the little pointing hand when over the button; if it doesn't change then the button is being masked. One for Gazza and the crew to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Tried with Firefox under Win 7 SP1 64bit.

At some viewport widths when the 'eBid vs eBay' text is showing to the right of the search box its containing <div> is masking the GO button stopping it being selected. Expanding the viewport, or reducing it until the 'eBid vs eBay' text disappears, clears the GO button for access. You can tell if it is clear if the cursor changes to the little pointing hand when over the button; if it doesn't change then the button is being masked. One for Gazza and the crew to fix.
    I've had my hand amputated !

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I've had my hand amputated !
    Can you duplicate my results by adjusting the viewport width to free up the GO button?

I am relisting/editing some expired listings and am having problems with the color of the script that indicates a link to click on, located in the description area. This is a screenshot of a currently running listing (it's due to end in an hour or so) UPDATE: It relisted automatically (#163091057) and there were NO changes) it shows the color (note the word "here" used twice at the bottom is in black, as I relist I'm changing the sentence to black and the word "here" to red) It was listed at a later time in green, as I thought that looked better than the blue I used previously. :

Name:  Best Things In Grandma s Kitchen Wall Hanging Sign on eBid United States   163091057.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  37.2 KB

This is the expired listing (#161944813) that I tried edit/relist as it shows before you click "Repost" (note, no color except the red line at the bottom):

Name:  My eBid   Trinket Treasure Tooth Fairy Box Bejeweled Hand Crafted OOAK Black   White  158229983 .jpg
Size:  43.4 KB

This is the same listing in "edit" mode and the colors are showing up:

Name:  Starting a New Listing 2.jpg
Size:  27.8 KB

This is what the edited listing looked like when it went "live" (#164223239 - I have deleted that listing from my list of expireds so I didn't have a duplicate item). Colors DO show but only when you hover your cursor over the link word, so unless a buyer happens to move their cursor and see that the word changes color, they won't know it's a link.

Name:  Trinket Treasure Tooth Fairy Box Bejeweled Hand Crafted One Of A Kind Pink on eBid United States.jpg
Size:  35.3 KB

Last edited by Shesawaya38485; 1st October 2017 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Can you duplicate my results by adjusting the viewport width to free up the GO button?

I'm not techie enough to know how to do that Mel. Do you right click over the eBid v ebay bit and then go to 'inspect' and click something ? I don't want to mess up my screen when I don't know what I am doing ! Think maybe I had better leave it to eBid as others have the same problem.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

I'm not techie enough to know how to do that Mel. Do you right click over the eBid v ebay bit and then go to 'inspect' and click something ?
    No, just resize the window to make it less wide until the 'eBid vs eBay' text disappears.

Glad to see the "hot sellers" back. Wish it were at the top of the page, rather than after the extensive list of sub-categories.

Would also appreciate a way to roll up the list, so the default was just the category with a +. Click on the plus to see all the sub-categories.

Thread Information