Thread: Paypal Is a Trip!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Paypal Is a Trip!

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    Burgyeb

i can only imagine how frustrated you are ,other night i could not access my bank account on line went through the same thing as you, how it was resolved, ihad to confirm certain details and change password and a pin number, via the banks site, but not through my account, the reason this all kicked off was because i apparently entered the wrong details =password more than 3 times . i also got a text telling me my password had been changed,

so

have you explored reasons why this could of happened? eg had a few sales for a larger amount than usual,

have you yourself entered the wrong details? ie your email addy wrong by a letter or dot, same for password.

when you ring them are you using the phone number you registered with them?

when you ring them have you asked for a supervisor

bring up a recent email from them for a transaction as proof/recite

First sale was for low amount. Only thing going on was usual check for details if payment received via PP; also concerned about thread with reports of 2 pence/2000 pounds to users PP accts. Details I entered were correct; and phone I used was registered to them. I have not spoken with a supervisor yet, so I will try that; and I will mention most recent email recieved from Paypal.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    1. PP did not send me an email with link - there was no other option BUT to go to the Resolution Centre where everything was resolved very quickly by me providing the necessary input.

2. Have you been to the Resolution Centre yourself?

3. If yes to 2. did you scroll down to bottom of page to see what requirements for you to provide are there?

1. The sending of the link was done from their site, when I clicked link asking for help to sign in; it was done also multiple times via telephone calls with Paypal reps.

2. No, I did not go to Resolution Center specifically, but when I clicked on the link in PP site, it appeared to be a typical resolution area, asking for entry of email, selection of security questions, etc to validate account, etc. It was here that the process stopped and fixated on sending the link to my email account.

3. I will try the Resolution Center directly and scroll down for directions.

My biggest question remains: Why did the PP site and the call center go with sending me a link to my email route? This was particularly disturbing because I made it clear that their emails were not coming through. It was as though they were not listening at all, or just did not care.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Here are some security tips to help you stay protected online:

Even if a URL contains the word 'PayPal', it may not be a PayPal webpage.
    When using PayPal, always ensure that the URL address listed at the top of the browser displays as https://www.paypal.com/uk. The 's' in ‘https’ means the website is secure.
    Look for the 'lock' symbol that appears in the address bar. This symbol indicates that the site you are visiting is secure.

Note:
    If you provided any personal information in response to a phishing email or on a spoof website, change your PayPal password and security questions immediately.
    If you provided any financial information, contact your bank and your credit card issuer and tell them about the situation.
    Review your PayPal account history to check that you recognise all recent payments.

PayPal is committed to helping shut down these sites and ensure that you’re able to spot phishing immediately. We make it our job to keep your identity as safe as possible, online.
    Thank you Sid; Reviewed.

hey burgy

penguin is right you should only have to change details via there site, check with the details i posted above that you are actually on there site, and double check there should be a little green padlock at the entrance to the URL

how soon did this kick off after that sale?
    I did not check specifically when I went to their site, but will when I try again. The sale occurred about the time I noticed the strange Paypal Thread. I tried to access Paypal, but could not get into my account. BTW, eBid took down a second sale, new user, who had purchased from me soon after first sale. They had not paid, but eBid's email said they looked suspicious. I was a bit suspicious with the first buyer, when i could not gain access to my PP acct. so I took precautions. I confirmed their information with Paypal by phone (after answering multiple verification questions, then shipped at local post office with tracking. I have not heard back from buyer, so I am assuming they got their purchase. Never like being suspicious upfront, but too much was going on at the same approximate times.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock07 View Post
    Just another thought.

do you use an email client on your PC or do you access your emails through the internet.

if you are using a client, perhaps your provider is not forwarding the payal emails, perhaps their filters are over active.

Try accessing the emails from your providers website.

I have in the past had missing emails, and found them on my providers mail server.

As I said just a thought.
    Never thought of this; will look into it with my email provider.

Thank you BigKidsAttic, Sherlock, Sidthelamp, and Cheaver for your insights: I just may be able to get to the bottom of this situation after all. Will post an update after following through with recommendations.

Thread Information