eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paypal Is a Trip!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Paypal Is a Trip!

Paypal has gone from bad to worse, as if that was news. Their emails are not coming through, and I am not able to get into my account. The only way I knew I had a recent sale was from eBid notification. I'm getting emails from other sources without a problem. As a matter of fact when I was trying to log in to Paypal, I received a message that they were experiencing problems on their end. I called Paypal and they claimed everything looked fine, that they were sending emails and saw no issues. I confirmed the buyers details via telephone, and mailed their purchase out via local post office. What this amounts to is I can not access my account, and Paypal seems to be very comfortable with that.

I have removed Paypal as a payment method via bulk edit. Also updated my description with message explaining that I will be unable to use or accept Paypal, due to Paypal glitches until further notice. I guess I will have to request them to send my funds via telephone. I do not even know if they will do that. What is the point of having an account that is unusable? I can accept Google Wallet and Dwolla though; and also checks/money orders. Fed up with Paypal!

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Paypal Is a Trip!

Your experience with Paypal is very different to mine. I recently needed to contact them twice by phone and both times they were absolutely brilliant at fixing issues. All emails are arriving when they should also.

I can't understand your difficulties with them ~ I hope they resolve themselves for you soon.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

i usually find Paypal helpful but not this time. I hope they get this situation resolved. If they can not resolve it in a reasonable amount of time, then other account adjustments will need to to made. I can not really say that I am confident that Paypal will will maintain my best interest, while I am locked out of my account.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    .......... while I am locked out of my account.
    Why won't changing password & security questions fix it?
    They must have some stuff they want you to do to enable unlocking?

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Those are the biggest problems, their system is not allowing me to use any other means of validating my account, except via email. They tell me I can, but when I attempt to do so, they force me back to email validation only. Then their emails are not coming through at all. I told them they were deliberately blocking my access to my account, and they said they would not do that, but they did. So now I have an account that I can not access, so it is useless to me. Hopefully they can resolve this issue quickly and without a lot of hassle.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Those are the biggest problems, their system is not allowing me to use any other means of validating my account, except via email. They tell me I can, but when I attempt to do so, they force me back to email validation only. Then their emails are not coming through at all. I told them they were deliberately blocking my access to my account, and they said they would not do that, but they did. So now I have an account that I can not access, so it is useless to me. Hopefully they can resolve this issue quickly and without a lot of hassle.
    Weird!

These issues are normally resolved via the Resolution Centre are they not?

(Whilst away from home recently an issue arose and I phoned Paypal & we agreed on an a/c lock down until I could get home and deal with it on a safe internet connection from my desktop. Once home I attempted to log in and ended up in the Resolution Centre where 3 requests were listed - proof of ID, change of password, change of 2 security questions. All were done & the a/c unlocked with absolutely no hassle.)

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    Weird!

These issues are normally resolved via the Resolution Centre are they not?

(Whilst away from home recently an issue arose and I phoned Paypal & we agreed on an a/c lock down until I could get home and deal with it on a safe internet connection from my desktop. Once home I attempted to log in and ended up in the Resolution Centre where 3 requests were listed - proof of ID, change of password, change of 2 security questions. All were done & the a/c unlocked with absolutely no hassle.)
    The process you are describing was never made available to me. Paypal seemed hell bent that my resolution would be provided via the email route; even when I made it clear that their emails were not coming through. So yes, it is very weird.

Paypal has very powerful IT system at their disposal. When/if they decide to go rogue, I believe they can, no matter how weird it may seem.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

........... Paypal seemed hell bent that my resolution would be provided via the email route; .
    The more you say about this the more I feel that you have not been dealing with Paypal.... Paypal in my experience has consistently refused to deal with these issues purely via email. Are you sure you have not been hacked?

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    The more you say about this the more I feel that you have not been dealing with Paypal.... Paypal in my experience has consistently refused to deal with these issues purely via email. Are you sure you have not been hacked?
    I am not sure of anything. But I did speak with Paypal on the phone; it was indeed Paypal; and they also ultimately stopped at the email solution. They did validate my ID via special questioning over the phone; that is how I got them to provide me buyer details, so I could make shipment with confirmed information. But in regards to actually accessing my account, no, they provided no other resolution for me. I found that inexcusable and narrow.

I asked if it was possible to text the link to me, instead of sending it to my email. They told me "No, we can not do that." I thought............."duh"...."why not?"

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

What link? Why would they send you a link and to what?

Thread Information