Thread: When to give feedback

Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View sheffieldtony's Feedback (+1287)
    All-About sheffieldtony
    View sheffieldtony's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: When to give feedback

Everyone has there own opinion.
    Ive been doing it my way on Auction Sites for over 20yrs and will continue to do so.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/OldPostcards

Click on Link & Join EBid.
    http://www.ebid.net/uk/buddy/317570

Yes, I agree that when to give feedback is a personal choice.

When I get a sale, I write a note to buyer thanking them and telling them when I will ship. After the item has been taken to the post office, I mark at shipped and leave my feedback.

To each his own.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=sidthelamp;1690533]
    Quote Originally Posted by olivia8143 View Post
    But on eBid (as opposed to the other site) you can change your feedback so why not give feedback straight away? Mind you, anyone that uses Caps Lock sounds a bit aggresive imo and you may find yourself changing your feedback once he starts complaining lol.[/QUOT

, i want the contract to be fulfilled by the buyer before i leave FB, leaving fb before a contract is fulfilled is misleading to any one who reads that fb the buyer may well be a scammer no one knows anything till the contract is fulfilled
    What else do you expect a buyer to do in addition to paying?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    Hi all,

I've had a "question" asked on one of my items which wasn't a question at all, it was more a statement, and what I would consider either rude or slightly aggressive.

"YOU SAY YOU WILL LEAVE FEEDBACK, ONCE YOU KNOW I HAVE THE ITEM.....MY FEEDBACK, AS A BUYER, IS FOR PAYING! AS THAT IS ALL I CAN DO. I REQUIRE FEEDBACK UPON PAYMENT. YOU WILL THEN GET YOUR FEEDBACK, BASED ON YOUR PERFORMANCE."

I've never had dealing with this seller/buyer before. The item they left this message on was a Trading Card for sale which is what they mostly sell (although they sell sports ones) in the USA.
    I did reply saying that typing in capitals is considered shouting and that they wouldn't expect a cashier to give them feedback if they went into a shop.

Anyway, apart from the above, what do you consider to be the way to give feedback?

For me I give feedback when I receive it as that means I know the item has arrived with the buyer.
    I do not agree with automatically giving feedback to a buyer as you wouldn't expect a shop to do that.
    And I have noticed that when looking at feedback of new buyers (to me) they sometimes have "Instant payment" etc.. yet it can sometimes take a week for them to pay myself.

Anyway, i'd like to hear your opinions on this. Be blunt if you must, but don't be rude.

Jason
    If I received such a 'message' in my question section on one of my listings (and the buyer has not purchased anything) I would see it as a threat and blackball the member.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=tony41;1690545]
    Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post

What else do you expect a buyer to do in addition to paying?
    did you mis this tony if you need any special help just ask

"as a seller i send every thing tracked so but not always i know the buyer has received the item, this does not mean i will leave FB for the buyer, the buyer now has the item and a amount of time to contact me if he/she is displeased with the item, its arrived damaged, the postal service was late, ect ect, so to say a buyers part of the transaction is completed on payment is wrong, as the seller my part of the transaction is not over by simply saying the item has arrived through tracking, if the buyer has concerns as above, then i as a seller is under a obligation depending on the circumstances to rectify any problems , payment and posting do not constitute the whole transaction they are only part of a contractual agreement ."
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

I always leave feedback as soon as the customer pays as an acknowledgement that I have the payment safely and to thank them. I think it lets my customer know that I am attending to the sale especially if they have paid before I had a chance to send an invoice.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I always leave feedback as soon as the customer pays as an acknowledgement that I have the payment safely and to thank them. I think it lets my customer know that I am attending to the sale especially if they have paid before I had a chance to send an invoice.
    really do all your customers leave you FB mine dont they dont seem to know ebid is a feedback sight , i normally let me customers know im attending to there order by sending a invoice. if they have already paid i mark the invoice "Paid , for your information only"

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I do exactly the same and for the same reasons. For new-to-eBid Buyers I also send a welcome email which explains more fully and also offers them a bit of help in navigating the ASL. Each to their own as someone has already said.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    Hi all,

I've had a "question" asked on one of my items which wasn't a question at all, it was more a statement, and what I would consider either rude or slightly aggressive.

"YOU SAY YOU WILL LEAVE FEEDBACK, ONCE YOU KNOW I HAVE THE ITEM.....MY FEEDBACK, AS A BUYER, IS FOR PAYING! AS THAT IS ALL I CAN DO. I REQUIRE FEEDBACK UPON PAYMENT. YOU WILL THEN GET YOUR FEEDBACK, BASED ON YOUR PERFORMANCE."

I've never had dealing with this seller/buyer before. The item they left this message on was a Trading Card for sale which is what they mostly sell (although they sell sports ones) in the USA.
    I did reply saying that typing in capitals is considered shouting and that they wouldn't expect a cashier to give them feedback if they went into a shop.

Anyway, apart from the above, what do you consider to be the way to give feedback?

For me I give feedback when I receive it as that means I know the item has arrived with the buyer.
    I do not agree with automatically giving feedback to a buyer as you wouldn't expect a shop to do that.
    And I have noticed that when looking at feedback of new buyers (to me) they sometimes have "Instant payment" etc.. yet it can sometimes take a week for them to pay myself.

Anyway, i'd like to hear your opinions on this. Be blunt if you must, but don't be rude.

Jason
    interesting that not one of are established ebid sellers have answered what is really going on in what your buyer has stated apart from "ameri crafts" who nearly hit the nail on the head. instead they turn the thread into why they leave FB,

anyways its simple your buyer is practicing FB extortion with a hint of malice

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    interesting that not one of are established ebid sellers have answered what is really going on in what your buyer has stated apart from "ameri crafts" who nearly hit the nail on the head. instead they turn the thread into why they leave FB,

anyways its simple your buyer is practicing FB extortion with a hint of malice
    Sid, the question asked by the OP was:

to which the established eBid sellers have responded.
    I do agree with you in your additional opinion (above, bold) though.

Thread Information