Thread: When to give feedback

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: When to give feedback

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    Sid, the question asked by the OP was:

Anyway, apart from the above, what do you consider to be the way to give feedback?

to which the established eBid sellers have responded.
    I do agree with you in your additional opinion (above, bold) though.
    i give FB when my customer tells me they are happy with the transaction, they do not have to leave me FB to tell me this, i then conclude the transaction is concluded apart from any contractual obligations i may legally or other wise be obliged to fulfill
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

I leave feedback and shipping information at the same time; right after I ship the item. When the buyer has paid and I have a confirmed address, I don't expect anything more from them.

Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View sheffieldtony's Feedback (+1287)
    All-About sheffieldtony
    View sheffieldtony's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I always leave feedback as soon as the customer pays as an acknowledgement that I have the payment safely and to thank them. I think it lets my customer know that I am attending to the sale especially if they have paid before I had a chance to send an invoice.
    My Sentiments exactly.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/OldPostcards

Click on Link & Join EBid.
    http://www.ebid.net/uk/buddy/317570

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    I leave feedback and shipping information at the same time; right after I ship the item. When the buyer has paid and I have a confirmed address, I don't expect anything more from them.
    ah but you would, if they left you negative FB for a faulty item, missing item not delivered, instead of contacting you first , i think you would of expected just a little more from them

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    interesting that not one of are established ebid sellers have answered what is really going on in what your buyer has stated apart from "ameri crafts" who nearly hit the nail on the head. instead they turn the thread into why they leave FB,

anyways its simple your buyer is practicing FB extortion with a hint of malice
    Exactly

WOW! What an interesting mix of opinions!! It sure has made me aware that I'm still operating under that old Fee Pay mindset and I forget that feedback CAN be changed here in the event that the sale goes bad after the fact.

My selling policy says that "I don't leave feedback until feedback has been left so I know the item arrived and the buyer was happy, etc.", but that could possibly be a turn off to potential buyers ????? so I think I will remove anything about feedback from my policy. Since 99% of my items are shipped with Tracking and I have a strict return policy to protect myself from "buyer's remorse", I usually wait a week or so after I know the item has arrived and the buyer has not contacted about an "issue" - I usually go ahead and leave feedback anyway. So, I'll probably just go ahead and start leaving FB when I enter shipping details since it CAN (thanks eBid!!) be changed later and save myself some time.

I do get Sid's point about "contractual agreement" but again, the mindset of being a "stickler for the rules" that was instilled in me by my upbringing and the military probably needs to be retired as well - LOL!!!

I do think BKA's comment left IN ALL CAPS was rude and would block somebody if they did that to me. There is just no reason for that!! If you don't agree with the Seller's policies, don't make a purchase.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

I do get Sid's point about "contractual agreement" but again, the mindset of being a "stickler for the rules"

we in the uk are bound by law the "distance selling regulations", and any contractual terms you state in a listing, being a
    "stickler for the rules" is more like sticking to the rules or else you could become unstuck. hey are there for the sellers protection just as much as the buyers protection

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is one time I must agree with Sid.

I also agree with Jan regarding blackballing the bidder asking such a question.

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    ah but you would, if they left you negative FB for a faulty item, missing item not delivered, instead of contacting you first , i think you would of expected just a little more from them
    If the buyer is unreasonable, eBid does give me the option to change my feedback. I have no reason to expect bad behavior from customers.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriCrafts View Post
    If I received such a 'message' in my question section on one of my listings (and the buyer has not purchased anything) I would see it as a threat and blackball the member.
    Well, I have now Blackballed the member after receiving another 2 questions saying that I am holding them hostage in regards to feedback, as well as one of them saying "I hope it hurts your ears as its meant to" when I replied that using caps in text is considered shouting.
    So I can only assume that this Seller (I looked at their about me and they sell & have been a member for less than 2 months) considers feedback to far outweigh the ability to purchase.

For myself, as stated before, if I purchase an item, I leave feedback once I've received it (not always on the same day though as I can be busy).
    Do I expect the seller to leave feedback....No.

Do I expect my buyers to leave feeback...No.
    It would be nice if they did, but the majority don't, and that includes return buyers, or could that be considered regulars.

Jason

Thread Information