Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2c Deposit to PayPal account ?

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: 2c Deposit to PayPal account ?

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    It would take far too long to do that as i use it in to many places
    understood, you would only need to create a new email for PP and say alter that on ebid that would not take long and you would then be protected, read the link about echeques i posted at the top of the previous page
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

not just on this site Sid

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Paypal have just refused the transaction

excellent .but the only way they get to you is through knowing your email, i can only advise

done but cay you delete where you copied it please, never thought about that thanks

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

done but cay you delete where you copied it please, never thought about that thanks

deleted a few mins ago

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have just had what I'm calling "an email fishing exercise" again, this time via the Q&A option. I believe from the Philippines general area?
    Was advised by support to ignore the question, as they have multiple issues with the registration! Another added to my ever growing BBL
    Seems they don't have to "buy" anything OR add 2c to your payment provider/s - although I'm unsure how they'd get that info thru the Q&A, unless I gave it to them?

Have checked my P'pal account & the money on that "sale" last week, has yet to be refunded to them. (but it will happen, eventually)

Also, twice lately, I've been required by P'pal to go through their phone ID process, when logging on. So it seems they are being very vigilant ATM.
    This has never happened to me B4, & I've been a member for 15 years. To me, this indicates a concentrated attack ATM, probably across ALL payment providers & ecommerce platforms, & it would pay to be very careful ATM.
    So far, support have been up to the mark on our behalf, & kudos to them for that.

"so what you got hit 5 times thats not the point the point is the hits on ebid, which has never happened before and is recent hits on ebid members, not you or your friends." The point is that it is not happening JUST to eBid members after you stated "this is a deliberate attack on ebid members"

"the only correlation to you is if you are some how connected do you give out the email addys you get from the YDC did that cross your mind" Some people who have reported don't even do YDC and I certainly don't appreciate your insinuation that I would give out other people's email addresses.

"its interesting just now you mention you are being hit off ebid ,yet you have never mentioned this before, till now," Yes, I have. Perhaps you haven't seen them? I think there is a total of 5 threads on the forums discussing this situation.

"yet you seem to have all the answers" Only because I have spent countless hours researching to educate myself about the situation. And you want to be suspicious of me? If I was connected to the fraudulent transactions taking place as you have insinuated above regarding the YDCs, why would I have spent so much time posting information for others to protect themselves? Wouldn't that be like shooting myself in the foot??

"your adamant it has nothing to do with a attack on the site when it clearly has been through the reports of ebid members" You said it is a "deliberate attack on eBid members" - again, it is not happening JUST to eBid members so it can not be a deliberate attack on eBid.

"do you really think advising people to protect there accounts is departmental , i think not," I don't think it is "departmental" either (departmental: A distinct, usually specialized division of a large organization) because I know it in not just happening onEbid, which is a "department" of the entire ecommerce business.

"yet you full guns blaring are telling people its common nothing to worry about it happens every were, well i dont think its as common as you make out"
    "The 2016 Internet rime Report highlights the I3’s efforts in monitoring trending scams such as Business Email Compromise (BEC), ransomware, tech support fraud, and extortion. In 2016, IC3 received a total of 298,728 complaints with reported losses in excess of $1.3 billion.This past year, the top three crime types reported by victims were non-payment and non-delivery, personal data breach, and payment scams. The top three crime types by reported loss were BEC, romance and confidence fraud, and non-payment and non-delivery scams."
    ( https://pdf.ic3.gov/2016_IC3Report.pdf )

That's from the FBI (US reports only) and that number is only what was reported.

" we are talking about a specific problems on ebid some of its members are having and reporting via the forum, perhaps youd like to silence them too, your posts are a classic attempt to divert attention away from ebid members by pacifying responses." I am absolutely not trying to silence anybody and my "pacifying responses" are an attempt to keep people from going into a panic when they realize the scope of this latest threat.

"its the same link as i put at the top of this page, yet your link was infected it was asking for permission to send updates which means it is email harvesting, there is definitely some thing suspicious about you, lucky ive got programs installed to stop this nonsens" No, it was not the same link you posted - it was this: https://www.tomsguide.com/us/onliner...ews-25752.html and I don't get anything that "asks for permission to send updates" when I click on it. And I never post a link for anyone to click on until I first make sure it is a secure site - note the "https"? The link you posted was not even to a secure site.

And while we are talking about links, the one from microsoft that was posted in 2013 about it being safe to open spam emails as long as you didn't click on a link - it went to an Error Page.
    But I guess you figured that out since you edited that post and deleted it. Here's a more up-to-date article (29 Sept, 2017)
    https://www.cloudsec.com/news/spam-b...d-new-threats/

Since you don't trust my "links" - you can copy paste the addresses yourself, to make sure I'm not "infected". And I don't care if you don't look up any of the links I posted, but if you still think
    "this is not about dark web sales of email addys this is a deliberate attack on ebid members" , do yourself a favor and do a search for Onliner Spambot Dump. Then maybe you will want to check out the link I posted in #64. With all my heart, I sincerely hope that your e-mail address does not come up on any of those search sites.

At this point, I will admit that I have gone through my YDC transactions and tested email addresses of other eBid members on the top recommended site of the article in post #64, and some unfortunately have been "pwnd". And they don't just harvest e-mail addresses, in some cases they have harvested passwords, birth dates, physical addresses and more, going back to 2009.

Last edited by Shesawaya38485; 30th September 2017 at 10:51 PM.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandintheway View Post
    Have just had what I'm calling "an email fishing exercise" again, this time via the Q&A option. I believe from the Philippines general area?
    Was advised by support to ignore the question, as they have multiple issues with the registration! Another added to my ever growing BBL
    Seems they don't have to "buy" anything OR add 2c to your payment provider/s - although I'm unsure how they'd get that info thru the Q&A, unless I gave it to them?

Have checked my P'pal account & the money on that "sale" last week, has yet to be refunded to them. (but it will happen, eventually)

Also, twice lately, I've been required by P'pal to go through their phone ID process, when logging on. So it seems they are being very vigilant ATM.
    This has never happened to me B4, & I've been a member for 15 years. To me, this indicates a concentrated attack ATM, probably across ALL payment providers & ecommerce platforms, & it would pay to be very careful ATM.
    So far, support have been up to the mark on our behalf, & kudos to them for that.

they cant get any info unless they buy or go through part of the buying process, probably because as you say there having reg problems , this attack has never happened before on ebid /members its a very recent thing,

so i think some more correlation is needed here are all the attacks happening because you all ship abroad? i ship abroad but only certain countries in the eu, i did have some one try to buy via a false email/account a few weeks ago they were from taiwan

im on a few sites have heard no chatter of attacks any were i push a fair bit through PP no checks nothing .

im interested if anyone can show any attacks on other e-commerce sites

just to add ive sold not via ebid a few weeks ago to aus, some FAC rifle parts no probs
    Last edited by sidthelamp; 30th September 2017 at 11:05 PM.

Thread Information