Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2c Deposit to PayPal account ?

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: 2c Deposit to PayPal account ?

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

i think one way to reduce whats happening is

when a buyer commits to buy, that is they confirm there going to buy via the pop up confirmation box , they click confirm, at that point they are given all the sellers details without paying, DONT give them the sellers details till they pay, i can only see this being negative if the buyer only accepts checks, which would be a very small number of sellers across the site.

the above could be a listing option at the listing stage.

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    of course its suspicious , once they had your details they used another email to deposit the 2c, its very sad annoying , but maybe thats what its about, its your second hit too,

this is not about dark web sales of email addys this is a deliberate attack on ebid members

scum
    NO! This is NOT a deliberate attack on eBid members. I have been hit 6 times now by fraud attempts - only ONE time was eBid involved. The other 5 times had NOTHING to do with eBid. I have friends who have Pay Pal accounts and e-mail accounts that have been hacked recently and they aren't even members of eBid.

When I figured things out about 2 weeks ago, I immediately e-mailed support and asked permission to post about the issue in it's entirety and was not directly denied permission but received a strongly worded response against doing it. Understanding their reasons - comments like yours that would be detrimental to the faith of members in trusting eBid's ability to protect us - I've put my butt on the line and risked getting the boot from eBid to give you all enough information to protect yourselves and trying to reassure everybody that it has NOTHING to do with eBid, while not exposing the actual incident!! This site is a "victim" just like PayPal and other e-commerce sites are victims.

Why would I risk getting the boot from eBid when it is the only site I sell on, which is because it's the only site I fully trust???? Because I believe in "doing the right thing" and taking care of folks and protecting them from harm whenever possible is the right thing to do. I also believe in respecting the wishes of the eBid staff.

Sid, since you are doing the very thing eBid was afraid someone would do and since I'm "in for an ounce" I may as well go for a pound - if I get the boot, so be it - at least my conscience will be clear that I have done all I can do to help the good folks here. Read this and then come back and apologize to eBid for trying to stir up paranoia about their site.
    Last edited by Shesawaya38485; 30th September 2017 at 04:31 PM.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shesawaya38485 View Post
    NO! This is NOT a deliberate attack on eBid members. I have been hit 6 times now by fraud attempts - only ONE time was eBid involved. The other 5 times had NOTHING to do with eBid. I have friends who have Pay Pal accounts and e-mail accounts that have been hacked recently and they aren't even members of eBid.

When I figured things out about 2 weeks ago, I immediately e-mailed support and asked permission to post about the issue in it's entirety and was not directly denied permission but received a strongly worded response against doing it. Understanding their reasons - comments like yours that would be detrimental to the faith of members in trusting eBid's ability to protect us - I've put my butt on the line and risked getting the boot from eBid to give you all enough information to protect yourselves and trying to reassure everybody that it has NOTHING to do with eBid, while not exposing the actual incident!! This site is a "victim" just like PayPal and other e-commerce sites are victims.

Why would I risk getting the boot from eBid when it is the only site I sell on, which is because it's the only site I fully trust???? Because I believe in "doing the right thing" and taking care of folks and protecting them from harm whenever possible is the right thing to do. I also believe in respecting the wishes of the eBid staff.

Sid, since you are doing the very thing eBid was afraid someone would do and since I'm "in for an ounce" I may as well go for a pound - if I get the boot, so be it - at least my conscience will be clear that I have done all I can do to help the good folks here. Read this and then come back and apologize to eBid for trying to stir up paranoia about their site.

so what you got hit 5 times thats not the point the point is the hits on ebid, which has never happened before and is recent hits on ebid members, not you or your friends.
    the only correlation to you is if you are some how connected do you give out the email addys you get from the YDC did that cross your mind,its interesting just now you mention you are being hit off ebid ,yet you have never mentioned this before, till now, yet you seem to have all the answers and your adamant it has nothing to do with a attack on the site when it clearly has been through the reports of ebid members, after reading your latest justification which is suspicious i for one would not trade with you.

if ebid find any posts that are detrimental to the site they remove them, they always have

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

as for me stirring up paranoia , its not me thats been hit its other members who have reported on the forum whats going on, they report on the forum to let others know and get replies, do you really think advising people to protect there accounts is departmental , i think not,

yet you full guns blaring are telling people its common nothing to worry about it happens every were, well i dont think its as common as you make out, we are talking about a specific problems on ebid some of its members are having and reporting via the forum, perhaps youd like to silence them too, your posts are a classic attempt to divert attention away from ebid members by pacifying responses.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shesawaya38485 View Post

the link you put in this post was blocked by my comp when i tried to read whats on it, are these the places you hang out in, no wonder you get attacked, and your the one who advises people not to click on links !!!

its the same link as i put at the top of this page, yet your link was infected it was asking for permission to send updates which means it is email harvesting, there is definitely some thing suspicious about you, lucky ive got programs installed to stop this nonsense
    Last edited by sidthelamp; 30th September 2017 at 05:35 PM.

I now have £1,210.66 in my paypal account e-check well it's Mikes paypal account really but what is his is mine,

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    I now have £1,210.66 in my paypal account e-check well it's Mikes paypal account really but what is his is mine,
    what day and at what time did this take place?

6.20 today but i was having a meal so i only found it at 8.30 ish as i was getting dinner

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    6.20 today but i was having a meal so i only found it at 8.30 ish as i was getting dinner
    how strange just after this thread took a turn, best thing now is to do as you did before, and change the email for that account, you cant be hit then

Thread Information