Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2c Deposit to PayPal account ?

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: 2c Deposit to PayPal account ?

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    the CIA
    Wow! The AIC.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    the CIA
    My money would be on the IRS.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    My money would be on the IRS.

yes along with the FBI there all email harvesters
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Interesting. Where might a buyer secure such a large database of emails? That would surely result in a handsome profit.
    They are usually posted on the Dark Net and available to anyone who wants to pay to download them. It is an extremely lucrative business. And it is not just e-mails that are harvested from hacks - they can obtain passwords, account numbers, physical addresses, birth dates, etc. NOT that I know this from personal experience - just research!!!!!

Any site can be hacked if they don't stay on top of security. eBid is great - they run a secured website verified with an up to date certificate and everything you see on the site, including the forums, is sent via digital encryption. Google, Facebook, Yahoo have all been hacked in the past. Just this past month Equifax, Instagram and WikiLeaks were hacked - yes, even the leaker of hacked information got hit! LOL!! But just because you go to a site that has been hacked doesn't mean that your information was obtained. And if your information was obtained, it doesn't mean that it was posted on the internet - some hackers like to keep their info to themselves - have you ever gotten a spam e-mail? It wasn't just a random guess, your e-mail address was obtained from somewhere.

The most shocking thing I discovered is that on the regular internet you can find tons of websites and videos that teach a person how to hack!! I was really disgusted to find a popular and "reputable" Download site that I frequently use, has downloads for hacking programs.

The point is that you can not get away from hacking - you can only protect yourself as much as possible. And it isn't just on the internet that you can be hacked - if you own/use any type of "Smart" devices - phones, refrigerators, security cameras, etc. you are vulnerable to being hacked. It is the price we pay for all this wonderful technology. I found an article that might be of interest to everybody https://www.digitaltrends.com/comput...e-been-hacked/ I have been to all the sites and they are secure/encrypted. The first 3 are for checking your e-mail address to see if it has been harvested. They are free and some have different information than others - run by "good guys" that are fighting against hacking. The last one is a website checker - enter the URL and see if a site is secure - yes, eBid passed with flying colors. For every site I checked the site's firewall was "not found" because this site wants to sell you firewall protection, but it is still a good source for info.

If your e-mail comes up - do not freak out - what has been done, can't be undone. You can only take steps to prevent it from happening again. As I said in another post (just in case you missed it):
    "The best thing you can do is to make sure your computer has a high degree of protection and change the passwords to any important accounts that you visit online as well as your e-mail accounts. The hardest passwords to crack need to be at least 20+ characters in length and don't use the same password on more than one site.

If you get any Spam e-mail, or e-mail from someone you don't know, do NOT open it. It used to be that clicking on a link in a spam e-mail could cause bad things to happen to your computer, but these days just opening one can do the same thing. I also suggest that if you get an e-mail, say from Pay Pal or some other site you regularly do business with, just go straight to that site and check your account."

Although it is a pain, it is good to change your passwords frequently. A Password Generator is a handy little tool to use to test the strength of your passwords. My security comes with one but I am sure there are free ones out there.

Be proactive with security and stay safe!!

I just had another suspicious looking eBid purchase, that I reported to eBid.

Then, I checked PayPal and there is another 2c deposit, which I reported to PayPal.

Crooked people. It seems that the world is full of them.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    I just had another suspicious looking eBid purchase, that I reported to eBid.

Then, I checked PayPal and there is another 2c deposit, which I reported to PayPal.

Crooked people. It seems that the world is full of them.
    was it the one and same person who made the purchase and then deposited 2c?

and was the purchaser new to ebid?

Sid, the eBid purchaser had an address that doesn't show up on google maps. The name might be legitimate, but it might not. How am I to know?

The name on the paypal deposit was totally different.

The crooks are going to use random names, locations, and email addresses.

The fact that I got the weird purchase and then, immediately, another 2c deposit is definitely suspicious.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Sid, the eBid purchaser had an address that doesn't show up on google maps. The name might be legitimate, but it might not. How am I to know?

The name on the paypal deposit was totally different.

The crooks are going to use random names, locations, and email addresses.

The fact that I got the weird purchase and then, immediately, another 2c deposit is definitely suspicious.

of course its suspicious , once they had your details they used another email to deposit the 2c, its very sad annoying , but maybe thats what its about, its your second hit too,

this is not about dark web sales of email addys this is a deliberate attack on ebid members

scum

Yes, Sid, it seems to be an attack on eBid members. This is the only place I sell. It has been years since I even listed on eBay. But, other websites might be affected as well. I have no way of knowing.

Scum. Yes, it seems like there are thieves and scammers all around these days.

Thread Information