Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2c Deposit to PayPal account ?

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: 2c Deposit to PayPal account ?

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    at the MOMENT yours looks like a straight forward scam and stopped which is the main thing, it will be interesting to see if you get a further payment,

its looking like WE are under attack , i hope they stop the attacks and more importantly the perpetrator/ perpetrators are brought before the courts
    Actually, Sid, I believe it is someone making bogus purchases on eBid in order to get the seller's PayPal email address. They are probably using the sending of the small payment as a means of checking if the email address is correct and the account is active. Of course, the name and address attached to the bogus sale is undoubtedly bogus as well. I'll probably be getting a lot of fake emails from PayPal now.

I did contact PayPal, but frankly, I don't see that they are likely to track down the perpetrator in the near future or even at all. Like those scammers using the telephone, they're switching one bogus user name and email constantly.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    Actually, Sid, I believe it is someone making bogus purchases on eBid in order to get the seller's PayPal email address. They are probably using the sending of the small payment as a means of checking if the email address is correct and the account is active. Of course, the name and address attached to the bogus sale is undoubtedly bogus as well. I'll probably be getting a lot of fake emails from PayPal now.

I did contact PayPal, but frankly, I don't see that they are likely to track down the perpetrator in the near future or even at all. Like those scammers using the telephone, they're switching one bogus user name and email constantly.

i already said that about 3 pages back , thats one scenario , PP will not tell you anything or me or any one else, if they disclose they are being used as a front they might be seen to be part to blame, another reason is copy cat scamming
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    did it cross your mind you if had a legitimate sale be it cancelled or not, then that email was used by the same person using another email/paypal account, the evidence is clear there are continuing suspicious small payments and in your case a large amount being paid into ebid sellers PP accounts
    I can't understand the clause in red so I cannot comment.

The sum of $900 was paid into my Paypal account. There was no evidence that I could see that linked it to eBid. The payment was followed shortly afterwards by a request for a refund. I think it was a scam. If I had refunded the $900 the payment into my Paypal account would probably have been subject to a chargeback. I would then have been $900 out of pocket. The person making the payment obviously contacted Paypal who reversed the transaction with no charge onto my Paypal account.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I can't understand the clause in red so I cannot comment.

The sum of $900 was paid into my Paypal account. There was no evidence that I could see that linked it to eBid. The payment was followed shortly afterwards by a request for a refund. I think it was a scam. If I had refunded the $900 the payment into my Paypal account would probably have been subject to a chargeback. I would then have been $900 out of pocket. The person making the payment obviously contacted Paypal who reversed the transaction with no charge onto my Paypal account.

ok tony im not surprised you cant understand , lets put it another way how do you think this scam buyer got hold of your email addy linked to your PP account?

a charge back does not work the way you describe it ."The payment was followed shortly afterwards by a request for a refund."" how short a time ? the buyer needs a real reason to request a charge back,ie the buyers bank need notifying who claim on there behalf through PP , so what was the reason given? if a refund was given as you say it was what would of been different if you would have refunded, the refund is still recorded by the buyers bank and paypal , i can not see you losing $900 if you refund the original $900 at worst i can only see you losing the fees associated with the refund which is bad enough, even if you had transferred the $900 to your bank you would only give back the original 900 how could you lose 900? there was no goods involved it was not for a purchase!

so if im missing some thing here please explain

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have spent a good part of my day drawing up a time line of events involving this thread r/t Paypal, fraudulent buyers, and the thread I started today called "PayPal is a Trip". The relationships are disturbing and points to a serious issue of potential corporate fraud; if not directly, then indirectly by allowing these fraudulent buyers to continue without any real accountability for their actions.

Is eBid addressing these seller complaints? Is PayPal addressing these seller complaints? What is being done about this, it is too serious to brush off. Are they addressing these issues jointly?

I have my investigative work as an individual seller here cut out for me already. There is however a greater response that is going to be needed. There does not seem to be an orchestrated group or corporate plan yet; seems many may be in denial about the seriousness of this situation.

So did I over react by immediately removing PayPal as a payment method on my listings? Am I over reacting in considering closing my PayPal account and all attached services?

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    I have spent a good part of my day drawing up a time line of events involving this thread r/t Paypal, fraudulent buyers, and the thread I started today called "PayPal is a Trip". The relationships are disturbing and points to a serious issue of potential corporate fraud; if not directly, then indirectly by allowing these fraudulent buyers to continue without any real accountability for their actions.

Is eBid addressing these seller complaints? Is PayPal addressing these seller complaints? What is being done about this, it is too serious to brush off. Are they addressing these issues jointly?

I have my investigative work as an individual seller here cut out for me already. There is however a greater response that is going to be needed. There does not seem to be an orchestrated group or corporate plan yet; seems many may be in denial about the seriousness of this situation.

So did I over react by immediately removing PayPal as a payment method on my listings? Am I over reacting in considering closing my PayPal account and all attached services?
    i doubt you will get a admission from any corporation they are at fault, i dont think you over reacted in removing PP as a payment method on your listings,at the moment until some one can clarify PP seems to allow these hits to happen in a innocent capacity , i would consider it a over reaction in closing down your PP account, im pretty sure they and ebid are doing there best to resolve things, nothing can happen if you dont use them. eg PP

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    I just had 1p sent to my paypal account.
    if its not related to anything , which i doubt it is ring PP and get them to remove it

I just forwarded the email to them, i am not paying to ring them, i am tight I haven't refunded or anything Sid

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's a free phone number 0800.....
    Do what Sid says !!!

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    I just forwarded the email to them, i am not paying to ring them, i am tight I haven't refunded or anything Sid

Thread Information