Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 2c Deposit to PayPal account ?

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: 2c Deposit to PayPal account ?

"the only correlation to you is if you are some how connected do you give out the email addys you get from the YDC did that cross your mind" Some people who have reported don't even do YDC and I certainly don't appreciate your insinuation that I would give out other people's email addresses. "

"At this point, I will admit that I have gone through my YDC transactions and tested email addresses of other eBid members on the top recommended site of the article in post #64, and some unfortunately have been "pwnd"

think that just about says it all. doing what ever you have been doing has drawn some unwanted attention, did you not stop to think just one email gets into the wrong hands, and this is just what your admitting, did you inform people you would be using/testing there emails, beyond belief, you are on my black ball ist, and thanks because now i shall certainly not be expanding my business into the USA. the testing site you used is the very one my comp blocked,
    Last edited by sidthelamp; 30th September 2017 at 11:18 PM.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    they cant get any info unless they buy or go through part of the buying process, probably because as you say there having reg problems , this attack has never happened before on ebid /members its a very recent thing,

so i think some more correlation is needed here are all the attacks happening because you all ship abroad? i ship abroad but only certain countries in the eu, i did have some one try to buy via a false email/account a few weeks ago they were from taiwan

im on a few sites have heard no chatter of attacks any were i push a fair bit through PP no checks nothing .

im interested if anyone can show any attacks on other e-commerce sites

just to add ive sold not via ebid a few weeks ago to aus, some FAC rifle parts no probs
    I've had a very quick look on the boards at "that place not named" & although I found nothing, it may be that the "powers" over there have suppressed reports on it?
    Yes, it's highly likely that those of us that ship worldwide (as I do) would be more likely to be targeted, as our listings can be seen by everybody!
    If you only ship within the UK for example, & the scum are outside, then they aren't seeing your listings (unless they do a search by country)
    I would also be interested to know if payment providers other than P'pal have stepped up security checks just lately?
    Perhaps your sale to Oz a few weeks ago, was prior to the start of the problem?
    One last observation - as I seriously doubt it just being an ebid problem - perhaps we are just the thin edge of the wedge & seen as an easy first target!
    Others may come under attack at a later point. So far thankfully, eBid support have been up to the mark & I pray that continues!

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandintheway View Post
    I've had a very quick look on the boards at "that place not named" & although I found nothing, it may be that the "powers" over there have suppressed reports on it?
    Yes, it's highly likely that those of us that ship worldwide (as I do) would be more likely to be targeted, as our listings can be seen by everybody!
    If you only ship within the UK for example, & the scum are outside, then they aren't seeing your listings (unless they do a search by country)
    I would also be interested to know if payment providers other than P'pal have stepped up security checks just lately?
    Perhaps your sale to Oz a few weeks ago, was prior to the start of the problem?
    One last observation - as I seriously doubt it just being an ebid problem - perhaps we are just the thin edge of the wedge & seen as an easy first target!
    Others may come under attack at a later point. So far thankfully, eBid support have been up to the mark & I pray that continues!
    there is no chatter anywhere about attacks on e-commerce sites thats what were discussing right the real life of getting emails, non payments, placing of monies in ebid members PP accounts thats real and happening, theres at least 3 correlations ive found in this thread alone,

your right a member whos a member or a guest in another country can only see items of mine if they search the uk site, they would also have to be a member or guest in the uk or some eu countries to buy,

"thin end of the wedge" that could be right as we seem to be the first to be targeted , there is no history from else were , and i still havent managed to be able to look into the future,

yep ebid seem to be doing a good job after the event, ive made my feelings and suggestions clear as regards guest buyers , i believe no ebid contact details should be given till payment in full is received, although as you can see one member has admitted to using ebid emails for "other things"

lets just stick to ebid shall we n one has any evidence that anything is happening anywhere else, this is were the problem is that needs sorting out

we agree they are scum.

i will amend, ebid once they have certain details can prevent before the event ive no doubt there onto that, we dont need to go into details.
    Last edited by sidthelamp; 30th September 2017 at 11:51 PM.

The support team here at eBid is top notch.

I have nothing but good to say about the job that they do and appreciate the help they have given me. They respond quickly too.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    I just had an oddball deposit (forget the amount ... over $2,000) from the first depositor of the 2c scam game.

Item has been cancelled.
    item has been cancelled? so thEy bought again or deposited straight into PP?

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    item has been cancelled? so thEy bought again or deposited straight into PP?
    No new interaction with buyer or buyers.

This was a straight deposit into PayPal that PayPal cancelled. But the name of the depositor was the same as my first 2c PayPal depositor.

I did not refund either of the 2c deposits. I reported to PayPal. PayPal responded that my account was safe and that there was nothing to worry about. Of course they would say that. I told them that I would be monitoring my PayPal account closely because I didn't understand what kind of situation this was and that I would report any other suspicious transactions.

This larger deposit was cancelled already by the time I found out about it. It was an echeque.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

No new interaction with buyer or buyers.

This was a straight deposit into PayPal that PayPal cancelled. But the name of the depositor was the same as my first 2c PayPal depositor.

I did not refund either of the 2c deposits. I reported to PayPal. PayPal responded that my account was safe and that there was nothing to worry about. Of course they would say that. I told them that I would be monitoring my PayPal account closely because I didn't understand what kind of situation this was and that I would report any other suspicious transactions.

This larger deposit was cancelled already by the time I found out about it. It was an echeque.
    so in your case your ebid account was used by the scum to get a email addy link to a PP account in this case yours.im not really sure of there point though,to what end? at best if they use there bank if indeed they have one they could only get the 2g returned you might attract fees but thats about it,

if there not now getting to you through ebid then your weak link is the email linked to PP

I had a sale when I woke up this morning. Customer had already paid. I noticed that the email particulars for buyer and seller that usually show at the bottom of the closed listing were gone. eBid has obviously taken some action to deal with what we've been discussing here.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

I had a sale when I woke up this morning. Customer had already paid. I noticed that the email particulars for buyer and seller that usually show at the bottom of the closed listing were gone. eBid has obviously taken some action to deal with what we've been discussing here.

had you changed your email address since the last PP deposit and the sale this morning?

ebid removed the new buyers details from the emal/sale log did the new buyer get a strike through as well ?

Thread Information