Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2c Deposit to PayPal account ?

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: 2c Deposit to PayPal account ?

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    rang up and they will not do anything about it so in the morning i am contacting the police
    i refer the right honorable lady to my previous comments
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

sid i have too much going on at the moment apart from trying to look after mike,, myself, and social workers coming tomorrow another lot on wedness day

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

rang up and they will not do anything about it so in the morning i am contacting the police
    That is your prerogative Buttons, but I suspect you will get the same answer that I got when I tried to report my account being scammed to the police. That being that they can only investigate when / if the incident is referred to them by the financial institution involved. Which makes it a nice cosy arrangement - allowing the banks etc to continue their bad and unprofessional practices. I am sure that the police would have asked a few embarrassing questions such as where is the signed documents to authorise these direct debits (there weren't any). Good Luck with it - my advice would be to put it all in writing and send it by at least the signed for method. Also if possible record the phone conversations. Get as much proof as you can.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Received notification of a large, just under 5k payment received in my account for no obvious reason. It is from the same person that did the 1¢ payment right after the bogus sale here on eBid. I've got PayPal working on it as I write this.

It appears to me that someone uses bogus purchases to get someone's PayPal email address, then makes a 1¢ payment to verify that the email address is a valid one. They then seem to send personal payments in a large amount. I and the person I just talked to at PayPal don't understand precisely what it is that they are trying to do. However, I've asked PayPal's fraud investigators to look into the account it came from. i'll let you know what, if anything, I find out.

Oh! Apparently, the one payment I received earlier in the month from another person was investigated and the account shut down.

I'm not sure what kind of scam these people are attempting, but I would advise y'all to alert PayPal or whatever payment processor they try to pull it on.

Of course, I suppose some wealthy eccentric just wants to send me money, but I really doubt that that is the case.

All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

​I seem to be having something similar happening. PayPal advised that there really isn't anything they can do except investigate the account sending the payments. If they are sent by eCheck one can't even refund the payment until it clears. If it ever does. Unfortunately, with the exception of changing email addresses, there really isn't much to be done to stop people from doing it. If the account they're using gets shut down, they merely open a new one or probably steal a different one.

on mine I can cancel the payment, the person at paypal told me to email the person who sent it to me, i refused and said you cancel it, he said we are in ireland and have bad weather so i just replied i am in wales and so have we.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    Received notification of a large, just under 5k payment received in my account for no obvious reason. It is from the same person that did the 1¢ payment right after the bogus sale here on eBid. I've got PayPal working on it as I write this.

It appears to me that someone uses bogus purchases to get someone's PayPal email address, then makes a 1¢ payment to verify that the email address is a valid one. They then seem to send personal payments in a large amount. I and the person I just talked to at PayPal don't understand precisely what it is that they are trying to do. However, I've asked PayPal's fraud investigators to look into the account it came from. i'll let you know what, if anything, I find out.

Oh! Apparently, the one payment I received earlier in the month from another person was investigated and the account shut down.

I'm not sure what kind of scam these people are attempting, but I would advise y'all to alert PayPal or whatever payment processor they try to pull it on.

Of course, I suppose some wealthy eccentric just wants to send me money, but I really doubt that that is the case.

i agree thats exactly how it works, once the echeque clears they claim a refund via your account, normally just before the original payment card holder realises the scam, PP will never admit this too you.

the only way to stop it progressing is to change the email linked to your PP account

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

card theft is how this scam works normally the card is intercepted before the recipient receives it, normally a bent postie, happened to me years ago they spent 150 notes before i knew, them days it was used in a shop, today its progressed to the internet, the scammer can have up to a few weeks before the card is noticed not delivered/missing, because the overlap of dates from your expiring card /new card.

its all to easy to set up a account on PP the details you need to provide are already on the card, the only other detail they need can be found very easy on the net.

if the bank had the original card holders email address and this was cross checked when opening a pp account , the scammers would have a seriously hard time making this scam work= verification from the bank to who you are

All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Interesting, Sid! Seems like thieves are very enterprising people.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have just had a large sum deposited the second time. I cancelled straight away and hope that will be the end of it.

Thread Information