Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PPPay - Availability

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default PPPay - Availability

Hi, I am intending to sign up for PPPay, but am struggling to find out which Countries it is available to. I have looked at the FAQ's and can find no mention of this? Can anyone enlighten me please?

Also can anyone tell me what the current situation with using it is, I know that in the past it has had some problems with usability.

Thanks
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View sheffieldtony's Feedback (+1287)
    All-About sheffieldtony
    View sheffieldtony's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: PPPay - Availability

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    Hi, I am intending to sign up for PPPay, but am struggling to find out which Countries it is available to. I have looked at the FAQ's and can find no mention of this? Can anyone enlighten me please?

Also can anyone tell me what the current situation with using it is, I know that in the past it has had some problems with usability.

Thanks

I have had a PPPay account for some years and I have only received one payment into it.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/OldPostcards

Click on Link & Join EBid.
    http://www.ebid.net/uk/buddy/317570

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank Tony, I am sceptical of how useful it will be, in the past I have tried nochex and skrill with no interest at all. The joke of those 2 is that they run poorly used services and then fine the people who do have accounts because they have had no activity on them. There by driving away even more potential customers. However I am of the opinion that the more options you can offer the better.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

I'm also thinking about putting pppay back on. I took it off years ago as it took so long for customers to be able to sign up which caused long delays with transactions and I had cross customers. I think they did do something to speed things up since then, so now that Skrill has gone I might give it another go.

I actually had a customer send me a question asking if he could pay for an item by pppay this year so I enabled it for him and had a successful transaction.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I'm also thinking about putting pppay back on. I took it off years ago as it took so long for customers to be able to sign up which caused long delays with transactions and I had cross customers. I think they did do something to speed things up since then, so now that Skrill has gone I might give it another go.
    Thanks for the idea - I might do the same.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

The instructions on joining (https://www.pppay.com/help_centre.php?mo=join) don't bode well. There seems to be words missing and it makes no sense. If I was met with that as a prospective user I would walk away fast. Wish they would either sort the site out or get rid of it.

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    Thanks for the idea - I might do the same.
    One of the reasons I dumped it was the fact that they charged me for verification - that really pi55ed me off.

Lofty my jaw hit the ground this afternoon. I only just started putting PPPay back on some of my listings two days ago and this afternoon I had a newbie buyer who paid after about 15 minutes with PPPay !!! Just thought I would let you know.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

What's the 'security fee' nowadays for registering a card on PPPay? Last time I used it it was more than 1 GBP and non-returnable - unlike on eBid where they never actually take the money. One of the reasons I didn't renew when my card expired. That plus buyers thinking they had paid for an item but hadn't until they had completed verification.
    Last edited by astral276; 19th September 2017 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    What's the 'security fee' nowadays for registering a card on PPPay? Last time I used it it was more than 1 GBP and non-returnable - unlike on eBid where they never actually take the money. One of the reasons I didn't renew when my card expired. That plus buyers thinking they had paid for an item but hadn't until they had completed verification.
    This is what it says on the site now.
    The amount of the New Card Security Fee was reduced in Feb 2011 by 75% when it is included within a Send Payment. The amount when a standard card upgrade is made is around £1 or �1, we are working on reducing this also.

I renewed mine some time ago, I can't remember how much it was now but I think it was just pence rather than a pound.

Thread Information