Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Changed registered email, but ebid created new account.

Default Changed registered email, but ebid created new account.

I attempted to change my registered email address, but when I did, Ebid created a new account for the new email address I entered, and now I cannot log in to my old account. I thought I must have unknowingly hit the Register button, so I tried to log in again, but this time using Google sign-in. When I clicked on the gmail address associated with my account, the system again created a new account with that email address (but with a 1 appended to it).

I am logged in here in the forum under the correct name, PaperbackShack. But, when I click on Home or Sell on Ebid, it takes me to one of the new accounts I did not create.
    What the heck is going on here. Yes, I have sent in a support request, but I have no idea how long it will take for a response, and I am hoping someone on the forum might be able to offer some help.

On top of this, I cannot remember the password to my correct account, and when I send a password change request to my old email address, the email ebis sends me links back to the new account created for it. When I submit a password change request to the new email address I was attempting to change to, I get no response at all from ebid.

Can anyone help, please?

Ted

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Changed registered email, but ebid created new account.

Quote Originally Posted by PaperbackShack View Post
    I attempted to change my registered email address, but when I did, Ebid created a new account for the new email address I entered, and now I cannot log in to my old account. I thought I must have unknowingly hit the Register button, so I tried to log in again, but this time using Google sign-in. When I clicked on the gmail address associated with my account, the system again created a new account with that email address (but with a 1 appended to it).

I am logged in here in the forum under the correct name, PaperbackShack. But, when I click on Home or Sell on Ebid, it takes me to one of the new accounts I did not create.
    What the heck is going on here. Yes, I have sent in a support request, but I have no idea how long it will take for a response, and I am hoping someone on the forum might be able to offer some help.

On top of this, I cannot remember the password to my correct account, and when I send a password change request to my old email address, the email ebis sends me links back to the new account created for it. When I submit a password change request to the new email address I was attempting to change to, I get no response at all from ebid.

Can anyone help, please?

Ted
    morning Ted you should of had a acknowledgment email by now, then some one from the towers should get back to you,there normally pretty quick, but its the early hours here in the UK , SO HANG IN THERE , they will respond.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Thank you for your reply. I found their password reset email in the spam folder. Weird, since the other password reset email I got from them was not in the spam folder.
    I'm just glad I got logged in and fulfilled a customer order before this happened.

Ted

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Thank you for your reply. I found their password reset email in the spam folder. Weird, since the other password reset email I got from them was not in the spam folder.
    I'm just glad I got logged in and fulfilled a customer order before this happened.

Ted
    i remember seeing a similar situation on the forum a while back, they should sort this out pretty quick Ted, yep glad you got in there to sort the order out thas a relife!

All better, now. Thanks.

Ted

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

All better, now. Thanks.

Ted
    i love a happy ending

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Can anyone help, please?

Ted
    Hi ted,

If you attempted to login using Google and your currently registered email address is different then a new account will be created.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thread Information