Thread: dealing with osteoarthritis

Forum Newbie
    Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View MJAUCTIONS's Feedback (+278)
    All-About MJAUCTIONS
    View MJAUCTIONS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: dealing with osteoarthritis

It is all diet related, most people with food intolerances go on to develop arthritis. I triggered mine by ironically following a fresh natural food diet in an attempt to control my intolerance reactions. The increased consumption of potatoes/tomatoes set off arthritis in my fingers, they became curled, swollen and painful. Cutting out these two foods gave almost instant relief and I could straighten my hands again after just a few days, but I still have arthritis in them as it is now here to stay - stiffness, knobbly bone growths, pain. I now take cider vinegar and honey every day as a drink, however you can buy tablet form. I have to watch very carefully what I eat, I can go days with my fingers pain free and mobile then bam, swollen painful joints, at same time I will experience my food intolerance symptoms too (rash, migraine, sickness, ringing ears, overall joint stiffness!). Diet is the key to slowing it down and managing it.

Quote Originally Posted by MJAUCTIONS;1691648[COLOR=#ff0000
    ]It is all diet related,[/COLOR] most people with food intolerances go on to develop arthritis. I triggered mine by ironically following a fresh natural food diet in an attempt to control my intolerance reactions. The increased consumption of potatoes/tomatoes set off arthritis in my fingers, they became curled, swollen and painful. Cutting out these two foods gave almost instant relief and I could straighten my hands again after just a few days, but I still have arthritis in them as it is now here to stay - stiffness, knobbly bone growths, pain. I now take cider vinegar and honey every day as a drink, however you can buy tablet form. I have to watch very carefully what I eat, I can go days with my fingers pain free and mobile then bam, swollen painful joints, at same time I will experience my food intolerance symptoms too (rash, migraine, sickness, ringing ears, overall joint stiffness!). Diet is the key to slowing it down and managing it.
    That is simply not true. The main cause of osteoarthritis is wear and tear to the joints. But there is a strong genetic link and, yes, some foods MAY make the condition worse. But it is statements like 'It is all diet related' that tempt sufferers to buy books on 'How to Cure.....' which simply make the author a shed load of money.

I worked in rheumatology for many years and would simply not make any statement beginning with 'It is all.......related'.

Mike has osteoarthritis and we tried the don't eat tomatoes one and it didnt work, his was set off by having one of the old type flue injections but he would have got it anyway, we havent found anything that helps in almost 40 years.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by love_to_stitch View Post
    That is simply not true. The main cause of osteoarthritis is wear and tear to the joints. But there is a strong genetic link and, yes, some foods MAY make the condition worse. But it is statements like 'It is all diet related' that tempt sufferers to buy books on 'How to Cure.....' which simply make the author a shed load of money.

I worked in rheumatology for many years and would simply not make any statement beginning with 'It is all.......related'.
    I do so agree with everything you say. There is just so much quackery.

Thread Information