eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Change of policy needed on eBid emails to buyers ?

Default Re: Change of policy needed on eBid emails to buyers ?

Quote Originally Posted by booksntings View Post
    This may be why people are reluctant to make instant purchases if they think they are going to be pestered with emails, I know I don't like having to join a site just to buy. Maybe there should be a check box to exempt people from getting these emails.
    I totally agree, a check box would be good.

[QUOTE=cornishmaid1961;1689660][COLOR=#006400][SIZE=4][B][I]Eek eBid, what are you doing to my customers ?! Instead of a nice feedback I have just had this email from a newbie customer./QUOTE]

That sucks.

I'm still a member of the Ebay as I can't always find what I'm looking for here, or if I do, it's unfortunately more expensive , and I get at least 1 email from them a day.
    And if i've browsed, without logging in, I then get a couple more that day.

So it's not just eBid that do it, it's all of them.

I'd love to stop receiving unwanted emails, but the only way to ensure that would be to not give out my email, which unfortunately you need to do if buying/selling.

As to anyone who doesn't like joining a selling site so they can buy an item, the only recourse there is to visit an actual Brick & Mortar shop, as every online shop/trade site requires an account. At least from my experience.
    An account also helps ensure accountability by helping to keep the Buyer/Seller safe from those who would abuse the system (I may be wrong in this but that's how I perceive it).

Jason

I also get emails from the big sites usually after I've been browsing so I know this is common place but reading what my customer has stated she seems to be getting persistent emails about her opening an account not general promotion of items so I'm not surprised she was irritated.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I also get emails from the big sites usually after I've been browsing so I know this is common place but reading what my customer has stated she seems to be getting persistent emails about her opening an account not general promotion of items so I'm not surprised she was irritated.
    I have managed to block most of the emails from other selling and auction sites. I use the private browsing facility available on my Kaspersky security suite. It allws me to block social media sites, web analytic sites, web beacons and ad agencies.

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post

I'd love to stop receiving unwanted emails, but the only way to ensure that would be to not give out my email, which unfortunately you need to do if buying/selling.

As to anyone who doesn't like joining a selling site so they can buy an item, the only recourse there is to visit an actual Brick & Mortar shop, as every online shop/trade site requires an account. At least from my experience.
    An account also helps ensure accountability by helping to keep the Buyer/Seller safe from those who would abuse the system (I may be wrong in this but that's how I perceive it).

Jason
    I use a Firefox addon called Blur.

It will give you the option on every site that you visit whether to use your real email address or create a new one.
    If you create a new one it is only used for that 1 site and it forwards the emails to your correct email.
    If you start getting bombarded or simply want to stop emails from the site, you just tell blur to stop forwarding or delete the tempory email then they all stop.

It will also create strong passwords for you plus other things as well.

It might itregrate with other browsers as well, but I have no knowledge of this as I don't use other browsers unless I have to.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Thread Information