eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change of policy needed on eBid emails to buyers ?

Default Change of policy needed on eBid emails to buyers ?

Eek eBid, what are you doing to my customers ?! Instead of a nice feedback I have just had this email from a newbie customer.

Hi Becky,

Just to let you now, the melamine teapot stand I bought off ebid last week, has arrived safely. Thank you very much, it's great.
    I have not replied via ebid, as I have blocked them as they are just bombarding me with emails & keep hassling me, even though I wont be using them anymore, & dont want an account with them!
    Thanks once again.
    Regards,

So I asked what the emails were about and this is the reply.

Hi Becky!

To be honest; I was looking on the ebay site & I thought I was buying on ebay! I had never even heard of ebid!

I did not want to create an account, so I checked out via the other option; - as "a guest". I now get bombarded with emails, several times a day; telling me to activate my account!!! I DO NOT WANT AN ACCOUNT!!!!!! Infact, this has put me off so much, I will not buy off ebid again, & have blocked them!

However I was very pleased with your services; & thank you very much!

Regards,

I must say if I had checked out as a guest somewhere I wouldn't want constant emails asking me to open an account. What is going on ?! Something needs to change here if it is putting off buyers.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Change of policy needed on eBid emails to buyers ?

Wow, that really is too much. I would have done the same if I was being bombarded every day. This really needs to stop.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

think youd better ask ebid if this is what there doing , what constitutes several times a day, ? just one day or over several? its important you find out,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    think youd better ask ebid if this is what there doing , what constitutes several times a day, ? just one day or over several? its important you find out,

Hopefully eBid will give us some kind of answer here Sid as it's the website suggestions forum. I've emailed the lady back and tried to smooth things over a bit. I've given her a little bit of history about eBid and said I would bring up this topic for eBid to review.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

Hopefully eBid will give us some kind of answer here Sid as it's the website suggestions forum. I've emailed the lady back and tried to smooth things over a bit. I've given her a little bit of history about eBid and said I would bring up this topic for eBid to review.
    your a true ambassador, if what your buyer claims is true,then it needs to stop, your buyer must of known it was ebid and not ebay , even as a guest, i have searched the site for information on signing up as a guest and i cant find any, any pointers would be appreciated. hustling some one to join up is wrong, as i say your a true ambassador for the site, lets hope your buyer cools down, and i hope we get an answer from ebid.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    your a true ambassador, if what your buyer claims is true,then it needs to stop, your buyer must of known it was ebid and not ebay , even as a guest, i have searched the site for information on signing up as a guest and i cant find any, any pointers would be appreciated. hustling some one to join up is wrong, as i say your a true ambassador for the site, lets hope your buyer cools down, and i hope we get an answer from ebid.
    It is on the sign in page Sid, to the right of the eBid sign in / register options which I guess all of us are used to.

It looks as though to do it you agree to receive emails from the site, I know that some sites are quite persistent if you visit and do not follow through.

The text reads as follows, with buttons below to use faceach and the bluebird site:

First Time on eBid?

First timer? Welcome to our great value online marketplace. Thinking about selling in the future? eBid has zero listing fees and a maximum 3% selling fee! Add your email address below or use one of our 3rd party buttons to register with eBid or to complete your purchase, it's free and only takes a few seconds.
    Enter your email to continue

To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    It is on the sign in page Sid, to the right of the eBid sign in / register options which I guess all of us are used to.

It looks as though to do it you agree to receive emails from the site, I know that some sites are quite persistent if you visit and do not follow through.

The text reads as follows, with buttons below to use faceach and the bluebird site:

First Time on eBid?

First timer? Welcome to our great value online marketplace. Thinking about selling in the future? eBid has zero listing fees and a maximum 3% selling fee! Add your email address below or use one of our 3rd party buttons to register with eBid or to complete your purchase, it's free and only takes a few seconds.
    Enter your email to continue

thank you Lofty

Yes...It's been on for a couple of years and here's an earlier thread:

https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...buyers-at-last
    Last edited by cambrensis; 29th August 2017 at 10:44 PM.

I know you are probably very busy with the new update eBid but a couple of lines about what is going on here and if the situation will be changed at some point in the future would be appreciated. I feel this matter is very important if it is driving guest buyers away.

This may be why people are reluctant to make instant purchases if they think they are going to be pestered with emails, I know I don't like having to join a site just to buy. Maybe there should be a check box to exempt people from getting these emails.

Thread Information