eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buyer no longer active after paying.

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Buyer no longer active after paying.

When you do a paypig refund, only the percentage charge is refunded, the thirty cents is not.
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    When you do a paypig refund, only the percentage charge is refunded, the thirty cents is not.
    In the UK the PayPal refund includes all sellers fees.

Refund detailsTotal refunded to xxxxxxxxxxxxx

£1.00

Fee reversal
    -negative £0.10

Total paid by you
    £0.90

Please note that I have a Micro Payment Account ie 5p + 5% per invoice payment.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

This just happened to me. 2 sales today, the first is already on it's way and looks good from my end. The second one looked good, sent payment thru Pay Pal, which looks legit but the item page came up with "Buyer no longer active, etc." after I commented that I would have the item in the mail first thing in the morning. So I sent support an e-mail with screenshots of the item page and of the Pay Pal transaction. I would think if it was a case of buyer remorse that they would have cancelled their Pay Pal transaction in addition to removing themselves from the site?? I'll let you know if I hear back from support.

It's taken several days for this to come to a conclusion, but the end result is that eBid has a better fraud detection system in place than Pay Pal does. HUGE KUDOS to the eBid staff!!!

I did send several e-mails to support and got some rather vague answers but I understood that it could be detrimental to them if they revealed the details of their checking system, especially in an e-mail. Since I was covered under PP Seller Protection (verified buyer and confirmed shipping address), I decided to "test the waters" and sent the package with tracking. I also verified for myself that the named buyer did live at that address and sent an e-mail to the buyer, as listed on the PP entry.

2 days later, my e-mail to the buyer came back as "UN-deliverable. This morning I got the package back, marked "Refused".

I called Pay Pal and reported a fraudulent payment for a purchase that was returned to me. I was advised to refund the purchase or I could be caught up in an investigation myself if the real owner tried to do a charge back on their credit card account. When I told the rep that I was now out of pocket for the S&H, I was issued a refund for that amount immediately.

When I checked PP History (All activity with balance) I saw I was short the 30 cents, just as terry5732 mentioned in post #31. Yes, I could live without the 30 cents, but it was the principle of the matter, so I called PP back and was told the 30 cents is non-refundable as per the agreement you sign with them. I told that rep that no seller should pay them one penny when they can't do a proper job of identifying a fraudulent purchase and I got my 30 cents back too!!

While this situation was going on, I also got an e-check for $4,500 put into my PP account, shortly followed by an e-mail from "Reuben" apologizing profusely for sending the money to the wrong account and would I please refund it because he could not cancel the e-check LMBO!!!!

To top it all off, the Equifax cyber breach was announced on the news during this time. Just in case someone is not aware, this breach has affected people in the UK and Canada - not just the US. If you go to their site, they will not tell you for sure if you were affected, but if there is a possibility (as I was told when I checked mine) you can apply for free one year of Identity Theft Protection for up to $1mill.

It's a crazy world we live in these days but I thank The Good Lord that I'm selling on a site that does a pretty darn good job of protecting us.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

GOOD NEWS - Just had my first sale at the new store! - Yea!

BAD NEWS - is that on advice from Support - for security reasons, the crossed out users purchase should be cancelled, item relisted & no contact entered into.

This "female user" from Los Gatos CA. USA has been added to my BBL, item relisted & bids removed - BUT, I didn't see a "cancel sale" option in the drop down or anywhere else?
    Have asked Support what to do about the P'pal payment I've received.

Anybody want "her" X-out user name for your BBL, PM me.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

So they have now moved to Australia. I wonder where they will try next?

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have received an answer from Support to my question above. I include it here for the sake of completeness & benefit of all.
    I thank them & shall be following their advice.

Hi Allen,

Thank you for your email.

We would suggest not making any refund at this time, it is likely Paypal will cancel the payment at some stage. If you are contacted by your payment provider you can advise them we believe the customer to have registered fraudulently. Should you receive further funds from the counterparties we would also advise you contacting your payment provider. Do not return funds.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandintheway View Post
    Have received an answer from Support to my question above. I include it here for the sake of completeness & benefit of all.
    I thank them & shall be following their advice.

Hi Allen,

Thank you for your email.

We would suggest not making any refund at this time, it is likely Paypal will cancel the payment at some stage. If you are contacted by your payment provider you can advise them we believe the customer to have registered fraudulently. Should you receive further funds from the counterparties we would also advise you contacting your payment provider. Do not return funds.

well the plot deepens every one else has been refunding now your advised not too!!
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    well the plot deepens every one else has been refunding now your advised not too!!
    Sid, I haven't refunded either the 1p or the echeque for over £2000.... both refunds have been done by PP.
    eBid had advised no contact whatsoever with the person so I took that literally and sorted it direct with PP.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    Sid, I haven't refunded either the 1p or the echeque for over £2000.... both refunds have been done by PP.
    eBid had advised no contact whatsoever with the person so I took that literally and sorted it direct with PP.
    i see in another thread you asked PP to refund and they did the other one , shesawaya and JB and Sarge both stated in this thread and another they refunded , so theres a mix, PP ARE CERTAINLY refunding, anyways i feel theres not enough information coming forward to know whats really going on, i shall not be expanding into the USA till this all goes away.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Thread Information