eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buyer no longer active after paying.

Default Re: Buyer no longer active after paying.

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    were was the buyer from?
    ​The one that put the penny into my account was from the USA Sid.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    ​The one that put the penny into my account was from the USA Sid.
    The one who did the same to me 3 days ago registered with a New Jersey, US address.

View EalingBob's Feedback (+1206)
    All-About EalingBob
    View EalingBob's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have just been contacted tonight by another UK seller who got the same new non paying buyer from the US as myself, the non paying buyer as been struck off by Ebid but the seller as since been sent a number of payments to his PayPal account varying from a few US cents to £6000.00 in UK currency so something very strange is going on

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandrafirebird View Post
    I have just been contacted tonight by another UK seller who got the same new non paying buyer from the US as myself, the non paying buyer as been struck off by Ebid but the seller as since been sent a number of payments to his PayPal account varying from a few US cents to £6000.00 in UK currency so something very strange is going on
    its a scam with a hint of money laundering

this is why i asked were the buyer/buyers are from we can see a pattern
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

if these so called buyers are paying to little or to much which seems to be the case, then its obvious its a scam of some sort, dont ship, if ebid have not put the buyer on hold then let ebid know and wait before you do anything for ebid to get back to you, you cant be scammed unless you allow it, stay cool and check every single detail of the buyers account =ebid with there PP account if some thing dont add up get ebid to check it out.

A US buyer (from Pennsylvania) bought an item and had already paid for it (on PayPal) when I logged on yesterday morning. Since I had errands to run, I packed it up right away to save an extra trip to the Post Office. The address on PayPal and the address on eBid matched, nothing strange going on. When I logged on in the afternoon, to mark it as shipped, the name was struck through. And, I had an email from eBid to NOT sell or ship anything to this buyer "for my protection." It also said they would not furnish any details or explanation "for privacy reasons." I found the buyer online, in a business directory, and saw he had me mail the item to his business address, which is common. No indication that he was doing anything shady. I emailed eBid support, asking if I should be concerned for my personal safety, Their response was simply to repeat the original message.

Incidentally, I was able to update the transaction and mark it as shipped. I then decided to leave favorable feedback. I had no good reason not to do that.

This is very weird.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    A US buyer (from Pennsylvania) bought an item and had already paid for it (on PayPal) when I logged on yesterday morning. Since I had errands to run, I packed it up right away to save an extra trip to the Post Office. The address on PayPal and the address on eBid matched, nothing strange going on. When I logged on in the afternoon, to mark it as shipped, the name was struck through. And, I had an email from eBid to NOT sell or ship anything to this buyer "for my protection." It also said they would not furnish any details or explanation "for privacy reasons." I found the buyer online, in a business directory, and saw he had me mail the item to his business address, which is common. No indication that he was doing anything shady. I emailed eBid support, asking if I should be concerned for my personal safety, Their response was simply to repeat the original message.

Incidentally, I was able to update the transaction and mark it as shipped. I then decided to leave favorable feedback. I had no good reason not to do that.

This is very weird.

how did you know to mail to the business address ?

was the business address the same as the paypal address and/or the ebid address ?

I used the address on eBid and PayPal. I did not know it was his business address until I looked it up after receiving the alarming email from eBid Support. This is not unusual, many small business owners ask to have items delivered to their workplace.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    I used the address on eBid and PayPal. I did not know it was his business address until I looked it up after receiving the alarming email from eBid Support. This is not unusual, many small business owners ask to have items delivered to their workplace.
    its irrelevant then if it was the business address or not as you sent to the correct PP address

what my research came up with is the user name is taken from the gaelic meaning=female enemy . how weird is that.

Thread Information