My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Support Alzheimer's Society by getting involved in YDC 157

Default Support Alzheimer's Society by getting involved in YDC 157

With only 8 days left before YDC157 starts there are only 10 items listed. Why not join in and support a worthy charity. If everyone who reads this just added one or two items it would be much appreciated. Not so long back we would have many more items listed already. For any new eBid members who are finding it hard to make sales this is a great way to start as many who have taken part have gone on to make sales of their own items as well, plus you will be helping others. It really doesn't matter what you list and sometimes the most oddball items attract some bidding wars. Also chocolate of anykind is always a favourite.

If you want to join in but still not sure what it's all about have a read of this thread it has all you need to know.

All that's left to say is this months main charity is

Hope to see you joining in.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Support Alzheimer's Society by getting involved in YDC 157

Hi Mel, unfortunately I won't be taking part in this month's YDC as I'll be elsewhere and out of wifi contact.

But as already stated, I'll send a donation of £10 to the Alzheimer's Society before we leave. That'll start the tally thread for you!

Good luck and hope you do well.

I LOVE doing YDC, unfortunately I was not able to participate last month and will not be able to participate in this month's sale. In addition to my usual busy summer activities, I've got to finish repairing and painting the front porch, re-seal a 12' x 60' roof that is leaking, move 170 listings to this site before the other site closes the end of this month, have a number of doctor appoints/tests scheduled and if all goes according to plan, will be making a major move in the next few weeks. I do plan to make a donation, but if it slips my mind - PLEASE - somebody remind me!!

Best of luck to everybody!!

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Used the BT myDonate website as they don't charge commission to the charity.

https://mydonate.bt.com/donation/sta...?charity=52233

Name:  Aug.2017_Alzheimer's.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  31.1 KB

I've just managed to get a few listings on.

I honestly don't have a clue about what would be a good thing for me to list. As a Canuck, there is always the shipping cost issue. On the other hand, exchange rates come into play. The YDC is a very limited market to list to. I kept hoping that new buyers would find us and bid. Maybe the "Friends and Family" PayPal aspect would concern them if they didn't know us and wanted to bid? I don' know. I'll see if I can come up with something that I think is suitable.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would love to have continued to donate items only my income has dropped to the basement recently so I come to the YDC to do my gift shopping

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    Hi Mel, unfortunately I won't be taking part in this month's YDC as I'll be elsewhere and out of wifi contact.

But as already stated, I'll send a donation of £10 to the Alzheimer's Society before we leave. That'll start the tally thread for you!

Good luck and hope you do well.
    Hi Annie, thanks so much I got your email about your donation I will add to the tally once I start the post.

Mel

Thread Information