Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Sale Gone South Before I Knew It Was Made

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Sale Gone South Before I Knew It Was Made

Upon visiting My eBid page I discovered that I had made a sale. Unfortunately, I also received notification by the Auction Patrol Team that the buyer, a new one, was no longer an active member and they recommended I cancel the sale and relist. They also advised that they couldn't give me the reason for the recommendation or the buyer's information. I went ahead and canceled based on the Auction Patrol Team's recommendation, but I haven't relisted the piece as of yet.

I noticed that eBid has already charged 2% of the sale to my account. I sent an email to support regarding the procedure for handling this and hopefully getting the fee credited back. Frankly, I haven't run into this here before. Of course, I haven't run into many sales here either.

Side note: The would-be buyer was sent my information through the ASL so I suppose I'll be getting some sort of spoof emails or something. Or possibly an angry email about my cancelling the sale. It sure would be nice if the Auction Patrol Team or Support would furnish some sort of reason for their recommendation.

All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Sale Gone South Before I Knew It Was Made

I received an email confirming the cancellation, but it is still showing as sold on My eBid page. It is also telling me that I need to leave feedback for this sale. How precisely does one leave feedback for a buyer that is no longer an active member about a transaction that was not completed because of a support recommendation to cancel it?

Frankly, I can see why some think that eBid isn't as user friendly as it could be.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

I find if the buyer has already paid i just go ahead and post the item.
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    I find if the buyer has already paid i just go ahead and post the item.
    I would probably have done that too, had they paid. Unfortunately, they haven't paid. Of course, if they do I'll probably ship once the payment clears. Frankly, eBid hasn't given me a good shipping address so it would have to come with their payment. I believe the buyer is from somewhere in Mexico, but I'm not sure. It'd be nice to have a tad more information, but I figure maybe eBid had some good reason to bounce them off the site.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wasn't there a member (seller) from Mexico recently under investigation? Had been banned from eBid and returned with a different username? And also using 'fake' feedback for 'fake' buyers?

All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=AmeriCrafts;1689191]Wasn't there a member (seller) from Mexico recently under investigation? Had been banned from eBid and returned with a different username? And also using 'fake' feedback for 'fake' buyers?[/QUOTE

I'm not sure but the whole thing is a pain in the kiester. Support has credited back the FVF, but it's still showing in My Ebid as sold and I'm still being notified that I need to leave feedback for it also. What feedback can I possibly leave for a transaction that never actually was for a member that isn't anymore?!

Of course, if it is the same person trying to buy with a different ID, that would explain the recommendation to cancel.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=JaBek1;1689194]
    Quote Originally Posted by AmeriCrafts View Post
    Wasn't there a member (seller) from Mexico recently under investigation? Had been banned from eBid and returned with a different username? And also using 'fake' feedback for 'fake' buyers?[/QUOTE

I'm not sure but the whole thing is a pain in the kiester. Support has credited back the FVF, but it's still showing in My Ebid as sold and I'm still being notified that I need to leave feedback for it also. What feedback can I possibly leave for a transaction that never actually was for a member that isn't anymore?!

Of course, if it is the same person trying to buy with a different ID, that would explain the recommendation to cancel.
    if i was you i'd offer a full apology to ebid for saving you from being scammed

i will offer my thanks to ebid for saving me having to read you had been scammed and ebid did nothing about it.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

I had one recently that went south before I knew about the sale. A new buyer who purchased and asked me a question about the item. I logged on first thing in the morning to find the sale and the buyer struck out. I contacted support and learned that the buyer didn't pass eBid security checks.

Another was an eBidder with listings running who has purchased items here before. They asked me to cancel because they thought eBid had a basket function. I also got a caution email from support on that one too. I don't know what all that was about. Something amiss somewhere. So I cancelled that purchase as requested by the customer.
    As for feedback, the cancelled items will drop off in 75 days.

All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=sidthelamp;1689195]
    Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post

if i was you i'd offer a full apology to ebid for saving you from being scammed

i will offer my thanks to ebid for saving me having to read you had been scammed and ebid did nothing about it.

What is your problem , Sid?

I never said anything about being scammed. Apparently, eBid's Auction Patrol Team became suspicious of the buyer of one of my items and decided to suspend that buyer. They then contacted me a recommended that I cancel the sale. (By the way, this was a fixed price listing and not an auction.) Unfortunately, they did not give me information regarding the reason for their recommendation, only that they recommended I cancel. Assuming that they had a reasonable cause to make their recommendation, I cancelled the transaction in accordance to what they recommended.

With regard to a seller based in Mexico being under investigation and having been banned from eBid, the first I heard about it was from Jan's post about it. Whether or not the buyer of my item and that seller are one in the same, I have no way of knowing since eBid didn't make me privy to any of the details. However, I did speculate that if they were one in the same that the recommendation would make sense.

Since I made no statement about eBid not saving me from being scammed, I'm not sure what you feel the need to thank eBid for. Frankly, I consider this site and pretty much any other as something of a seller and buyer beware proposition, at best. Let's face it, there is a certain amount of risk involved in any business venture. Buying and selling here on eBid is no different.

I must admit that I was a bit surprised that eBid jumped in so quickly to deal with the issue. Kudo's to them for that.

All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    I had one recently that went south before I knew about the sale. A new buyer who purchased and asked me a question about the item. I logged on first thing in the morning to find the sale and the buyer struck out. I contacted support and learned that the buyer didn't pass eBid security checks.

Another was an eBidder with listings running who has purchased items here before. They asked me to cancel because they thought eBid had a basket function. I also got a caution email from support on that one too. I don't know what all that was about. Something amiss somewhere. So I cancelled that purchase as requested by the customer.
    As for feedback, the cancelled items will drop off in 75 days.

Not having had a similar issue here on eBid before, the procedural process was a bit unclear to me. Alas! I find some of eBid's procedures to be a tad cumbersome compared to some other sites, but nothing too devastating to work with.

Thread Information