Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Am i doing something wrong?

All-About Mredkin
    View Mredkin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Am i doing something wrong?

Hello everyone!

I listed my first item for sale about a week ago. I followed all the steps so that my item would be uploaded to Google shopping.

I selected platinum listing type. In section 3 I selected fixed Buy Now price and PayPal for payments methods accepted.

And still during the first week my item had 0 views. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or there is a problem with Google shopping.

Is there a way to see if your items were uploaded to Google shopping? I would appreciate all the help and advice.

Thanks!

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+978)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Am i doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Mredkin View Post
    Hello everyone!.......
    Is there a way to see if your items were uploaded to Google shopping? I would appreciate all the help and advice.
    Thanks!
    Hi and Welcome to Forum!

I've just spent a fascinating 15 mins going over your listing, checking Google Shopping, eBid upload to Google rules etc etc etc.....

I'll get some pics ready and be back in a minute or two.....

Google Shopping result when copy/paste your title ~ should the word New be there? The search engine might kick in better with Ray Ban ???

Name:  1 rb1.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  13.7 KB

When I eventually found the item on Google Shopping I note your username (used in the absence of a Storename) is not listed, and neither is eBid itself.....

Name:  2 rb2.png
Size:  19.9 KB

But when I copy/paste part of your title (Ray Ban + Number + eBid) I see your item there in a general Google search only........

Name:  3 rb.png
Size:  27.3 KB

I have absolutely no idea why this should be...... yours is not the only instance.....

so I can only suggest you contact Support (who are absolutely brilliant) and ask them why and for advice.

I hope you will be kind enough to come back to this thread and let us know the outcome? I'm sure quite a few will be interested to know.

Last edited by cheaver; 8th August 2017 at 07:41 AM.

All my listings are here

To see how much Charity money the eBid YDC Community has raised over the years click HERE
    (YDC = Your Donation Counts)

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi again

I've just had another thought so I put it to the test ~

You are only offering to the US (ie not shipping overseas) so I started all over with your item and found that (of course! lol!) I was trying to find a US item on Google Shopping UK...............

Soooo, I changed the URL to Google Shopping US and, just before my computer crashed at my affrontery (!) I saw a notice on my screen which said something along the lines of... DNS Server could not be reached.

I don't know if this helps or not, but I thought I would throw it into the mix.

You could edit your listing to ship overseas and put it to the test then? Your price for the item is extremely competitive so the postage cost should not be an issue.

edit: ignore your view count at 8 - that was probably me going backwards and forwards to it doing my bit of research. (BTW the view counter has never been reliable in my time, and, in view of looming major site changes I think eBid have been testing stuff which has repeatedly knocked the view counter for six, sending everything to zero, over the last couple of weeks or so at least).
    Last edited by cheaver; 8th August 2017 at 08:54 AM.

All my listings are here

To see how much Charity money the eBid YDC Community has raised over the years click HERE

All-About Mredkin
    View Mredkin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post

Hi again

I've just had another thought so I put it to the test ~

You are only offering to the US (ie not shipping overseas) so I started all over with your item and found that (of course! lol!) I was trying to find a US item on Google Shopping UK...............

Soooo, I changed the URL to Google Shopping US and, just before my computer crashed at my affrontery (!) I saw a notice on my screen which said something along the lines of... DNS Server could not be reached.

I don't know if this helps or not, but I thought I would throw it into the mix.

You could edit your listing to ship overseas and put it to the test then? Your price for the item is extremely competitive so the postage cost should not be an issue.

edit: ignore your view count at 8 - that was probably me going backwards and forwards to it doing my bit of research. (BTW the view counter has never been reliable in my time, and, in view of looming major site changes I think eBid have been testing stuff which has repeatedly knocked the view counter for six, sending everything to zero, over the last couple of weeks or so at least).
    Thanks for a quick reply. I took your advice and removed New from the listing title name and made some changes. I think i will contact customer support anyway to see what they think. I will definitely let everyone know what the outcome is.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mredkin View Post
    .......... I will definitely let everyone know what the outcome is.
    Hi and Good Morning/Evening! lol!

I am really looking forward to your return post when you have an outcome.

All my listings are here

Thread Information