eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any consistent methods of buyer protection?

Forum Newbie
    View redacted's Feedback (-1)
    All-About redacted
    View redacted's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Any consistent methods of buyer protection?

I have migrated here from E-bay (I apologize if saying this is tacky like asking where the nearest McDonalds is at a Burger King) and I was wondering about consistent forms of buyer protection used for this site. I'm used to being able to use the dual layer of buyer safety from a joint E-Bay/PayPal dispute, on the off chance that a seller doesn't deliver. Would using PayPal and having an invoice drafted be enough to protect a buyer from a fraudulent sale on this site?

Default Re: Any consistent methods of buyer protection?

Quote Originally Posted by redacted View Post
    I have migrated here from E-bay (I apologize if saying this is tacky like asking where the nearest McDonalds is at a Burger King) and I was wondering about consistent forms of buyer protection used for this site. I'm used to being able to use the dual layer of buyer safety from a joint E-Bay/PayPal dispute, on the off chance that a seller doesn't deliver. Would using PayPal and having an invoice drafted be enough to protect a buyer from a fraudulent sale on this site?
    So long as you use PayPal, you should be covered, just make sure your Address on here matches the one on PayPal.
    And NEVER pay using Friends and Family as you will NOT be protected.
    If you decide to sell, make sure the address you send to is the one supplied by PayPal, as any other address is not covered.

J

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

As BigKidsAttic has said, you will be protected if you use Paypal as your method of payment and your address matches both Paypal and eBid.
    Also, welcome aboard

Forum Newbie
    All-About redacted
    View redacted's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you both for your time, and the well thought out, easily understood guidance. Small world, I just moved here to Washington, and someone only a stones throw away helps me out online before I've even had a chance to talk to many people face to face

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you both for your time, and the well thought out, easily understood guidance. Small world, I just moved here to Washington, and someone only a stones throw away helps me out online before I've even had a chance to talk to many people face to face

You are very welcome

Forum Newbie
    All-About redacted
    View redacted's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have an update to the question I asked, I was away at Meps during the time the bid ended and I won the product, I wasn't able to get my phone back and get access to the internet until the next night quite late and the seller assumed I had reneged on the purchase. I contacted them to let them know the circumstance and they responded, telling me in an email that they don't use Pay-pal because of malicious use from people making purchases in the past, that they do Western Union, bank deposit and transfer. Having read the primer for new buyers on this site I read that those three methods are not safe for the person making the payment, especially since the seller has zero feedback. Is there a way one of you helpful folks would suggest that offers protection for both buyer AND seller that ISN'T Pay-pal since they say they can't use it?

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have an update to the question I asked, I was away at Meps during the time the bid ended and I won the product, I wasn't able to get my phone back and get access to the internet until the next night quite late and the seller assumed I had reneged on the purchase. I contacted them to let them know the circumstance and they responded, telling me in an email that they don't use Pay-pal because of malicious use from people making purchases in the past, that they do Western Union, bank deposit and transfer. Having read the primer for new buyers on this site I read that those three methods are not safe for the person making the payment, especially since the seller has zero feedback. Is there a way one of you helpful folks would suggest that offers protection for both buyer AND seller that ISN'T Pay-pal since they say they can't use it?
    What is the listing ID#

Forum Newbie
    All-About redacted
    View redacted's Listings
    Forum Posts

The listing I.D is 162242529

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

The listing states BACS/EFT Bank Transfer, Checks/Cheques, Credit/Debit Cards - so, no Paypal.

Ask the seller how he accepts credit/debit card payments.

What I don't understand is, the seller sold the item for $100 and has relisted it for $328

Forum Newbie
    All-About redacted
    View redacted's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am confused by that as well, benefit of the doubt would say they realized they might be able to make more from the sale, that they simply undervalued it at first. That said, I will ask them about the credit/debit payment, and for my enlightenment, if the seller does for whatever reason fail to deliver the product, through my credit/debit issuer is there a way to recover the money from a fraudulent sale?

Edit/Update: The seller is trying to run a Western Union, direct banking Fraud scheme, I am going to report them directly to whatever form of fraud reporting Ebid has, and forward the emails they have sent to prove it.
    Last edited by redacted; 11th August 2017 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Update

Thread Information